Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer

37K views 803 replies 44 participants last post by  munZe konZa 
#1 · (Edited)

First round vs JCF Ferrero at his prime is not a candidate on grass

2nd round vs Harrison or Lu. Lu beat Roddick here before and very good on grass but Nole shall still be able to pass them

3rd likely vs Stepanek. another player passed his prime but can be dangerous.

4th round Is wide open as the seed Granollers and Monaco on grass are more like miracle on ice. Troicki or Chardy?

QF :scared: Berdych. Time for revenge?

SF :facepalm: Federer. Of course they are always in the same half :shrug:

See less See more
#666 ·
Time to start accepting what we've probably already known.

I have NO idea how he escaped with the AO trophy, but other than maybe a match here or there (RG SF), he's been WAY down on his 2011 form. He needs to get that back if he is so start defending his trophies.

#667 ·
Disgrace. Gonna retire from tennis before watching this mug federer win wimbledon. I hope murray destroys him, id be happy for him.

Reactions: abraxas21
#668 ·
Agreed. I am taking a long, long, long holiday from the sport, and I'm not just saying that in the heat of the moment, I will.

I hate Murray yet I hope he beats this clown. But I think Tsonga has the better chance, so I will cheer for him. If one of these guys can somehow win the final, I will continue watching, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

#675 ·
Its really discouraging this. And more than anything i need a break from MTF.

#685 ·
I don't think either guy has a huge shot. Tsonga got Roger in a Slam quarterfinal and a Slam final is a different beast.

Either way, I'm pretty bummed about this loss. I know Novak can't win forever but losing to Roger sucks. :(

#704 ·
Exactly.I wonder why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.