Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mighty MM

140K views 1K replies 72 participants last post by  Tess2 
#1 ·
I would like to start a thread for a star on the rise Marinko Matosevic.

#3 ·
Congrats to arinko winning his secons Aussie Futures title and his third for the year. Marinko is a powerful and competitive figure and I think we are going to see great things in 2009 from him.......but not in Asia sadly. Beat Adam Feeney in straight sets in the final today. Also for the record.....he was serving well and properly against Bernard Tomic. There was no foot fault happening there.

#6 ·
I'd guess ~6'2

ATP site has Feeney listed as 5'10, and Matosevic is a good 2-3 inches taller

#15 ·
:worship: Marinko. Good win. Starting to become one of my favourite players now.

#21 · (Edited)
Marinko is a character, really entertaining (and cute! :drool:). Some people won't appreciate his antics, but they're undeniably funny and after all, his idol is Safin. ;)

He was sick today too, but managed to play quite well (lovely passing shots) and was pumped up for most of the match. He has the right mentality to do well, I expect some good results in the future.

#22 ·
I saw the ball match yeah he looked quite sick but did well to win.I saw him play ebelthite wow this match was strange.at 2 all in the first set marinko seemed to get a bad call,2 points later he yelled out "go back to your retirement home" a jibe aimed at the elderly lineswomen,he hot a code viloation for that then he called the umpire a "joke" which he got game penalty for to lose his serve.he losst th efirst 6-4.in the second set he got game penalty for hitting a ball out of the show court after ebelthite hit it back to him,he managed to get the break back but was again broken at 4 all,ebelthite served the match out.matosevic never really got into he didn tplay well at all.maybe it was his ilness or tired form 3 setter yesterday.

#27 ·
hmmm Scott you seemed slighlty obsessed (or incredibly biased) with this guy :lol:

Sure he had a good win against Ball and performed well whilst being sick but what exactly has he done for the season (as a whole) to be selected for one of FOUR remaining MD WCs when the likes of Luczak/Ball/Klein/Groth are not even assured a spot. He is ranked behind all four of them, and he has only won ONE match at challenger level all season. Plus he is on the fringe of TA's age policy whereas Ball/Klein and Groth are all comfortably inside the age policy and ranked higher.

Matosevic should be awarded a place in quallies

#33 · (Edited)
You see unlike many of the others Marinko has won 4 tournaments this year. Yes they are satellites and yes there is more in store but you must agree that this is exciting for us. I just feel like there is so many knockers who will come running when he gets to the top....... Too funny! Welcome to the world of Aus Tennis!

#28 ·
OZTENNIS, in my opinion, i think recent form is what really counts. For example, Sirianni was in red hot form in the playoffs winning the playoffs and he ended up making the semis of adelaide and he cracked the top 150 (he could have potentially have cracked top 75 if he had consistency in results in challenger and atp tourneys. Those who make a great showing in the playoffs should get a wildcard main draw. But TA youth policy doesnt really take that into account. I hope Matosevic gets a wildcard maindraw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.