Mens Tennis Forums banner

Help: How to watch the AO with a roommate?

3K views 68 replies 27 participants last post by  samanosuke 
#1 ·
Over here, the AO matches go on in the middle of the night, but I really want to watch them. When I was at home, I just set an alarm and woke myself up, but I can't wake my roommate up at 3am everyday. How do you guys handle situations like this?
And how do you keep up with work during the AO? Help please. I don't want to miss out. :sad:

#43 ·
you don't have your own room? just use a small alarm (cell phone whatever) to make sure you wake up and then use headphones and watch a stream of the AO so you don't wake up your roommate

not too difficult

#55 ·
I don't like going online during class just because of how much classes cost. :eek:

But anyways, our classes are so small and are discussion oriented so it would be super obvious.

#57 ·
Ah I see. My lectures are in huge rooms where I'm barely noticed anyway, so I'm almost always online. My parents are paying, so it'd be a bit bad to stay in bed every morning, I just go to uni and use my laptop to avoid boredom for the most part during lectures :shrug:

#62 · (Edited)
:lol:

I often have coursemates seeing me on MTF and laughing their ass off while I write my extremely insightful posts and giving me ideas if they are tennis fans as well ;) Actually the vulture thing kinda started like that, can't claim full credit for it :p

#65 ·
On the note of coming on here during lessons...

I'm studying computing at uni and a few hours every week I'm able to get on super powerful computers worth a shitload. Anyway at first they told us not to download or go on any inappropriate sites which could give viruses etc., of course I didn't but at the same time I didn't know my time on the computers was going to be monitored. So I came on this forum and at those times (morning and early afternoon), it was pretty dead so I started reading some chat threads, somehow led to me opening some Filo_V thread and having a good laugh over it.

So a week goes by and some member of staff picks me out of one of my lectures and shows me prints of the stuff I had been viewing, not to surprise me most were Filo_V posts of lets just say 'inappropriate' stuff, I felt so embarrassed I didn't really know what to say and was trying to convince her it was only a tennis forum and she could check for herself. Took a while but she didn't do anything in the end thankfully. :eek:

#67 ·
Option 1: Tell your roomie to stay up with you. If he declines, go for option 2.

Option 2: First of all, it simply makes no sense to tug at the remote 3 am in the morning, half-asleep and without coffee for a Tamarind Tanasugarin vs Feng Shui WTA fest on court 14 in a first rounder. Besides, some extra sleep will do you good, it being monday morning and everything.

Now, being the stubborn tard you are, since you're still up at 4:30 after a lot of inner monologue for and against watching AO, effectively a hour away from dawn, crawl up to a chair and somehow slither upward on it and then walk turtle back with the chair to the TV. Do it slothfully, like a turtle. Optionally, you could also have positioned your chair/sofa next to the TV the previous night itself, with the foresight of a beaver, or if you are willing to sit with your butt kissing the floor till the Sun smiles over New York, you need not follow the first two suggestions.

In any case, so now you are near the screen and much like Bugs Bunny pulls a carrot out of his ass, you conjure your headphones out of nowhere and plug them into the TV. You do this before you switch it on to prevent him/her/it from waking up.

Then you gape at the scoreline like a barn owl: Olderer's two sets down to Benny in a 2nd round match. You throw caution to the wind and panic, 'Woo-hoo-tu-wita-woo!' Your roomie's up and you end up watching AO together anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.