Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win DC?

• CZE

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • ESP

Votes: 65 50.8%

Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Berdych having some fun)

15K views 218 replies 84 participants last post by  shotgun 
#1 ·
Going to be held in the Czech Republic and definitely not on a slow surface. Spain have won too many times as of late, but the Czechs better hope that Stepanek or Berdych don't get hurt that they miss the final?

#127 ·
Re: Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain?

You can make some conclusions about the speed of DC final's surface this weekend when Fed Cup final is played in the same arena on the same surface. Only difference is that FC final's ball is Wilson Tour Davis Cup, DC final's ball is Head ATP.

#128 ·

Will Ferrer have any energy left.

#131 ·

I think it is very open, Ferrer will be maybe physically down after Paris and WTF, but we all know his DC record - Berdych the same story, but worse DC record, home crowd could be factor here.

Almagro recently played good in Paris, he could be threat on fast surface with his backhand and strong serve.

I don´t know really, I feel it is all about whether which Berdych will show up.

#132 ·

Spain squad

Ferrer
Almagro
Granollers
Marc Lopez

LaLo is the reserve.

#134 ·

Spain squad

Ferrer
Almagro
Granollers
Marc Lopez

LaLo is the reserve.
So, is it now official Rafa won't play?

#137 ·

I watched Fed cup F, they said it will be the same surface, i don´t think it was so fast, they even said they like higher bounce - probably for Berdych´s striking zone, but higher bounce means Stepanek´s volleys won ´t be so effective, we will see how it goes, if Berdych can hit trhough Ferrer in long match- best of 5 format and if Stepanek can deal with Almagro.

#138 ·

Saw a tweet today where David Ferrer was quoted saying that the court is faster than anything he's seen this year. Sounds promising, if true.

Corretja is probably going with M.Lopez and Granollers in the doubles. They could really use Feli against Berdych and Almagro against Stepanek on sunday, but he can't have it all.

#139 ·

Saw a tweet today where David Ferrer was quoted saying that the court is faster than anything he's seen this year. Sounds promising, if true.

Corretja is probably going with M.Lopez and Granollers in the doubles. They could really use Feli against Berdych and Almagro against Stepanek on sunday, but he can't have it all.
Feli isn't in the Spanish team.

#141 ·
Berdych Heats Up Davis Cup Final, Calls Almagro the Weak Link

As everyone knows, the Davis Cup final will be played next weekend between Czech Republic and Spain and Berdych already knows who the weak link of the Spanish team is - Almagro:

I beat Almagro most of the times in 2012. If he gets to play, he'll be the weak link on which to build our victory.

Almagro misses this little something that characterises great players. This year, he won small tournaments.
Tomas :yeah: Only thing missing was calling Ferrer out on his false #5 ranking. Let's hope Berdych backs up these words by trashing both Almagro and Ferrer this weekend and winning the Davis Cup for Czech Republic.

Full interview in Spanish here: http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/...ga-sera-el-punto-debil/2012-11-13/135406.html

#143 ·
Re: Berdych Heats Up Davis Cup Final, Calls Almagro the Weak Link

Good shit Tomas. He should beat both Almagro and Ferrer if the court is of a good speed, only Spaniard I really feared a lot on these courts was Lopez.
Is there any chance Ferrer and Berdych won't play each other?
:facepalm:

But yes, if a team can finish it before reverse singles it's very unlikely it'll take place.

#144 ·

:worship::worship::worship:

That final is going to be great, no matter the result :lol:

#148 ·

Stepanek won't beat Ferrer even if they play on glass. But it should be the 4th rubber right?
Yeah right, must be why in the 2009 final Ferrer could only win 8-6 in the fifth on Spanish clay. Stepanek should win, it's on his racket on a fast indoor court.

But yes, Berdych vs Ferrer will be the fourth rubber if it happens.

#151 ·

Then most likely we will see this :drool::drool::drool:
You really want your boy to be exposed as a fraud once again :lol:?

You should be more worried about whether or not he can Stepanek on the first day :lol:

#150 ·
Re: Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Be

Stepanek has more than a good chance against Ferrer and Almagro on anything other than a slow court.

Should be good. I also favour the Czechs in doubles, as good as the Spaniards were in London their opponents played no where near as well as the Czechs can play.

#153 ·

unfortunately, they can't both lose

but spain, i suppose

ferrer deserves the spotlight and praise

berdych boasting would be insufferable

his oxygen deprived brain would convince him he'd won something all by himself

#155 ·

Hope Spain can achieve a miracle, but give them little chance.

The crowd and court combination makes this nearly impossible.

Spain are very mcuh the underdogs.

#158 ·
Order is

Stepanek vs. Ferrer
Berdych vs. Almagro

#160 · (Edited)
As Granollers and Marc Lopez are in the team, Feliciano Lopez has no possibility to play anymore, unless he replaces an injured opponent at last minute tomorrow morning.

After that last minute tomorrow morning (it has to be made until two hours before tomorrow's first match, I think), it will be impossible to make any changes inside the 4 players of the team. There's no official 5th player in a Davis cup team contrary to what many people think.

And even for that last minute change, I think the injury of one of the players has to be checked by an official.

Then I think Navratil was wrong in what he said ... or more probably he just said that to upset Almagro, as Berdych did as well ;)

#186 ·
As Granollers and Marc Lopez are in the team, Feliciano Lopez has no possibility to play anymore, unless he replaces an injured opponent at last minute tomorrow morning.

After that last minute tomorrow morning (it has to be made until two hours before tomorrow's first match, I think), it will be impossible to make any changes inside the 4 players of the team. There's no official 5th player in a Davis cup team contrary to what many people think ... except one : the Davis Cup captain is allowed to replace a player ;)

And even for that last minute change, I think the injury of one of the players has to be checked by an official.

Then I think Navratil was wrong in what he said ... or more probably he just said that to upset Almagro, as Berdych did as well ;)
Is that true? Awesome. I'd love to see Corretja and Navratil battle it out in the fifth.

#164 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.