Mens Tennis Forums banner

Suicide Tennis - World Tour Finals

6K views 127 replies 18 participants last post by  Zenjo 
#1 ·
Suicide Tennis - World Tour Finals

1. Each day of play you must pick 1 winner playing an ATP main draw singles match. Of course, the player that you choose is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).

2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste your pick on Federer or Nadal to win in early round matches.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. You have to submit your own pick, no one else can submit your pick for you.

4. Only in the case of a walkover or a withdrawal of your main pick, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurrence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.

Replacement picks must be identified like this:
Back-Up Pick - Andy Roddick
Make it clear and try to do it all in one post!

5. No commitments are necessary! If you wish to participate, just post your Day 1 pick in the correct time. New players are ALWAYS welcome!

6. Once the order of play is released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD, right below, to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.

NOTE: You can't pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches posted in the OOP here for the concrete day!

7. Picks will be acceptable until before the start of the FIRST match each day.

8. The scoring system will be as follows:

Winning pick on Day 1: 100
Winning pick on Day 2: 200
Winning pick on Day 3: 300
Winning pick on Day 4: 400
Winning pick on Day 5: 500
Winning pick on Day 6: 600
Winning pick on Day 7: 1000
Winning pick on Day 8: 1500

9. This thread is not made to complain about format, points, etc. There's Suicide Suggestions Thread created for that. :)

If the board goes down as it has happened before, send your picks on my e-mail: coolybri@gmx.de

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Players

Winners (out on Day 8, 1000 points):
Code:
[U]Player          Day 1     Day 2    Day 3    Day 4     Day 5     Day 6   Day 7     Day 8   [/U]
Zenjo           Murray    Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Djokovic  Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
Kamui010        Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
Frank Winkler   Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
Gavnich77       Murray    Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Djokovic  Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
CoolyBri        Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
Fickelgruber    Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
igmIGM          Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
coolfish1103    Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
Infinity        Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer
purtov45        Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer  Djokovic  Federer

#3 · (Edited)
Suicides

Out on Day 7 (600 points):
Code:
jfrtennis       Djokovic  Federer  Berdych  delPotro  Murray    Ferrer
Out on Day 4 (300 points):
Code:
Chris 84        Djokovic  Federer  Berdych
Out on Day 3 (200 points):
Code:
RoddickFan.     Djokovic  Federer   Tsonga 
Magdalena Ry    Murray    Federer   Tsonga
Hellcat         Djokovic  Federer   Tsonga
Out on Day 2 (100 points):
Code:
*Jean*          Djokovic  delPotro

#4 · (Edited)
Statistics

Day 8
Survivors: ?/10
Picked players: Federer (10)

Day 7
Survivors: 10/11
Picked players: Djokovic (10), no pick (1)

Day 6
Survivors: 11/11
Picked players: Ferrer (11)

Day 5
Survivors: 11/11
Picked players: Murray (9), Djokovic (2)

Day 4
Survivors: 11/12
Picked players: del Potro (11), no pick (1)

Day 3
Survivors: 12/15
Picked players: Berdych (12), Tsonga (3)

Day 2
Survivors: 15/16
Picked players: Federer (15), del Potro (1)

Day 1
Survivors: 16/16
Picked players: Djokovic (13), Murray (3)

#5 · (Edited)
OOP Monday
Andy Murray - Tomas Berdych
Novak Djokovic - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

OOP Tuesday
Roger Federer - Janko Tipsarevic
David Ferrer - Juan Martin del Potro

OOP Wednesday
Novak Djokovic - Andy Murray
Tomas Berdych - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

OOP Thursday
Roger Federer - David Ferrer
Juan Martin del Potro - Janko Tipsarevic

OOP Friday
Novak Djokovic - Tomas Berdych
Andy Murray - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

OOP Saturday
Roger Federer - Juan Martin del Potro
David Ferrer - Janko Tipsarevic

OOP Sunday
Novak Djokovic - Juan Martin del Potro
Andy Murray - Roger Federer

OOP Monday
Roger Federer - Novak Djokovic

#6 ·
Special Rules for Suicide WTF:

There will be 8 days of picking. You have to pick every day. Two players, used during the round robin format, can be picked again in semifinal and final, but only in SF and F.
Only Top 16 players from the year are eligible to play here. Those placed from 17th to 20th are alternates. They can pick for day 1, and if someone from Top 16 forgot to pick, they are replacing him/her/them.

#64 ·
Special Rules for Suicide WTF:

There will be 8 days of picking. You have to pick every day.
Two players, used during the round robin format, can be picked again in semifinal and final, but only in SF and F.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

hmm, I must be more stupid than the rest of you guys since I'm the only one having not understood. I wanted to ask the question on Day 1 but assumed I had got that right. A shame I ruin my Masters by not understanding a sentence that, you have to agree Mr.Manager, can be tricky to understand.

see you next year, I guess.

#10 ·
Day 1

Pick: Djokovic
Back Up: Murray

#11 ·
Surprise to still qualify after a 1 pt. run in Paris...

#22 ·
Day 1: Djokovic
Back Up: Murray

#23 ·
Day 1: Djokovic
BU: Murray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.