Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I was going but if you do I Defo won't

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No go, been there, it's terrible

Votes: 3 12.5%

Who's Going?

5K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  VIPer7 
#1 ·
According to ticketmaster pre-sale tickets are on sale tomorrow, has anyone had an email with their code to purchase tickets?

#2 ·
Anyone going to the World Tour Finals??

Mods, move this to the relivant section if it is in the wrong place - apologies for that

So anyone going, I am thinking about it, I have never been, and suggestions etc?

#11 ·
Re: Anyone going to the World Tour Finals??

I'm going too but I haven't been before.

Are there still tickets available? We booked them over a month ago and only the Monday and Wednesday sessions were not sold out.
They release more tickets periodically, I remember in 2010 on the Sunday they announced that Fed would play the following night's night session and I was able to buy tickets that day for it.

#5 ·

Low quaility tennis, don't know who wanna watch it really. In last five years i can name 5 players playing there in good shape: Davydenko, Federer, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Ferrer. In London only Davydenko i Federer. For all other players it is like tennis exhibition at end of season

#7 ·

Low quaility tennis, don't know who wanna watch it really. In last five years i can name 5 players playing there in good shape: Davydenko, Federer, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Ferrer. In London only Davydenko i Federer. For all other players it is like tennis exhibition at end of season
2010 had some good matches, Nadal-Murray was one of the most tense and exciting matches I've seen in the last few years. Really like the atmosphere at the WTF, and hope we get to see the top guys in good shape this year. I would definitely go if it's possible

#8 ·

Worst tennis experience of my life.

I'll be going to Loughborough for the challenger instead. It's better to see players actually fighting to win matches, giving it their all instead of these prima donnas at the O2 complaining that it's been a long season and they're tired.

#10 ·

I've been to 5 sessions since 2009 and loved it every time. The atmosphere is amazing, you get a great view even from the cheapest seats, and the O2 itself is spectacular. Go.

#12 ·

I just checked and there are plenty of tickets available for the first 9 sessions.

I've been to day and night sessions the last 3 years and will definately keep going each year as long as it stays in London. It's a great arena for Tennis with big crowds and the top players in the world.

#16 · (Edited)

It's a fantastic experience - I thoroughly recommend it.

I went in 2010 and was fortunate to see a few matches - Ferrer vs Federer (round robin), Roddick vs Nadal (round robin), Federer vs Djokovic (SF - the last match Djokovic lost before going on his winning streak), Murray vs Nadal (semi final - one of the most tense 3 set matches I've seen) and Nadal vs Federer (final - Rafa had won the last 3 slams that year but Fed was firing on all cylinders, particularly his backhand).

As for tips:

1) Go early to beat the crowds and try and get a seat by one of the two smaller practice courts in the fun zones towards the back of the complex. It's amazing how close you can actually get (feel free to explore some of the other exhibitions in between matches too).

2) Hang around the main practice court before crowds gather as you won't be able to see much otherwise.

3) The doubles matches are scheduled before the singles, but try and see if you can pop into the main arena an hour or so before the doubles match starts (especially in the evening session) because the chances are that one of the top players might have booked it for practice. I did this and managed to see Roddick and Murray practice their serving. I also did this on the afternoon of the final and saw Federer warming up against Verdasco.

Tip: Move over by the corner where the players enter / exit and you may be lucky enough to get an autograph at the end of their practice session...I managed to get Fed to sign my ticket for the final.

4) A fair few former tennis legends are on site doing media commitments. If you see one just wandering about, pluck up the courage and have a quick chat! One lady was telling me how she just went up to Goran Ivanisevic and said how he was her favourite player and he gave her an autograph and went to get a coffee with her.

5) There are many outlets to have lunch at but be smart and get out of the arena quickly after play finishes in the day session or else you might have to wait ages to get food - and miss watching the players doing some fun stuff in between sessions.

6) Similar to the above, but in the evenings. Although they have brought forward the evening sessions a bit, a tense 3 set singles match can mean that there is an almighty rush to catch the last train. Don't hang about when the matches are finished (unless you are in a spot where you can try to get an autograph).

PS: Do go to the doubles matches as well - they really appreciate playing in front of larger crowds than they are used to, even though the arena is usually half empty for doubles matches. Anyway, your ticket price includes doubles, so why skip it?

#17 ·

I've been every year to london to watch the final. I saw Davydenko play his best and beat Delpo, Federer beat Nadal in a close 3 setter and then Federer against Tsonga last year which was the best atmosphere. Don't sit in the upper tier as you cant seen it well, lower tier or dont go i'd say. I am going lower tier to the final again this year.

#19 ·
So how does the schedule work?

I've never really paid attention to the practicalities of the WTF before, but getting to the O2 has got rather easier for me in the last few years, and I was wondering about trying for one of the day sessions, if tickets are still available. Is there a specific pattern of matches, a mix of singles and doubles at all sessions, or what? I'm more than happy to watch doubles: they're often more interesting than singles. And what sort of time do the day sessions end? I might have to get somewhere else for the evening. (Sorry if this has been asked in previous years: please do point me to a suitable thread if there is one)

Oh, and any recommendations for what magnification binoculars you need for viewing from the nosebleed seats? :)

#25 ·
Last year there were some really good tickets released just before the tournament. I booked months in advance and would have got better tickets had I waited, so this year I waited. I'm hoping to go on the Thursday and Friday evenings, but they're sold out at the moment so I don't know if it will happen.

I went on the first day last year and saw Federer v Tsonga from the upper level and Nadal v Fish from the lower level. The upper seats are fine and actually have their advantages in terms of the angles you can watch the play from, but the lower seats are fantastic as you're so close to the action.

#26 ·
I agree

Also, my friend accidentally perforated the stub of his tickets he got yesterday. Should be have trouble using the ticket to get in? I mean he has paid for the seat and a little mistake such as this should not be an issue right?

#28 ·
Also, my friend accidentally perforated the stub of his tickets he got yesterday. Should be have trouble using the ticket to get in? I mean he has paid for the seat and a little mistake such as this should not be an issue right?
When you say perforated, do you mean he's separated the ticket from the stub? I'd assume that if he brings both there shouldn't be a problem. I know that the O2's rules for issuing duplicates are pretty stingy, though.

BTW, anyone got any answers to the first part of my question in post no. 19?

#27 ·
Got all day wednesday :D

#33 ·
Purchasing tickets at the venue

I'm currently working in the UK and just got the information that I got a day off on saturday. So I'd like to take this chance and watch some tennis in the O2 arena :) Of course I don't have any tickets yet, and I guess it's too short-term to order them online now.

Could someone please tell me what are the chances of getting a ticket directly at the venue? Is it usually sold out or are the seats left?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.