Mens Tennis Forums banner

Lleyton Hewitt 2012

19K views 184 replies 15 participants last post by  Ausie 
#1 · (Edited)
I think the season is over for Lleyton, on the start a new topic, and let's hope that next season he will be able to play week to week, the first tournament to Lleyton is a Hopman Cup, which begins December 31

#2 ·
Re: Lleyton Fighter Hewitt traveling to tour 2012

Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 9:30 am - (2) France v China
Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 3:00 pm - Australia v (3) Spain
Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 9:30 am - (1) Czech Republic v Bulgaria
5:00 pm - (4) USA v Denmark
Tues 3 Jan 2012 - 9:30 am - (3) Spain v China
5:00 pm - Australia v (2) France
Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 9:30 am - Denmark v Bulgaria
5:00 pm - (1) Czech Republic v (4) USA
Thur 5 Jan 2012 - 1:00 pm - Australia v China; (2) France v (3) Spain
Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 1:00 pm - (1) Czech Republic v Denmark; (4) USA v Bulgaria

FINAL
Sat 7 Jan 2012
3:00 pm
Winner Group A v Winner Group B

#3 ·

I'm delighted to see Matt Ebden doing so well, but with two Aussies in the top 100 I started to wonder. If Tomic keeps climbing the rankings, and Ebden finds himself ranked around 75 next year and Lleyton has climbed back inside the top 100, but not far enough to overtake Ebden will Lleyton find himself without a spot in the Olympics?

It's possible that by the time the grass season comes around Lleyton will be comfortable back in the top 50, which is hopefully the case. But with a few bad draws and a couple of injuries you could certainly see a situation where he's not among the top 2 Aussies (or, in the worst case scenario, still outside the top 100).

#4 ·

I'm delighted to see Matt Ebden doing so well, but with two Aussies in the top 100 I started to wonder. If Tomic keeps climbing the rankings, and Ebden finds himself ranked around 75 next year and Lleyton has climbed back inside the top 100, but not far enough to overtake Ebden will Lleyton find himself without a spot in the Olympics?

It's possible that by the time the grass season comes around Lleyton will be comfortable back in the top 50, which is hopefully the case. But with a few bad draws and a couple of injuries you could certainly see a situation where he's not among the top 2 Aussies (or, in the worst case scenario, still outside the top 100).
at the moment I think only about his health. First, should recover fully, in January to return to the tour, start playing week to week, and then we will think about the Olympics. As I recall, from one country is allowed three tennis player, Lleyton in the champion race is now 3.

#6 ·
Re: Lleyton Fighter Hewitt 2012 - Hopman Cup

APIA INTERNATIONAL LLEYTON HEWITT CHARITY DAY

See the stars of Australian tennis, television, music, sport and politics light up the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre at the Apia International Sydney Lleyton Hewitt Charity Day!

Featuring Lleyton & Bec Hewitt, Kate Ritchie, Shannon Noll, Israel Folau, Bernard Tomic, John Newcombe, Tony Roche, John Alexander, John Fitzgerald, Wally Masur, Brett Lee, Adam Goodes plus many more!

Great value for the whole family, your ticket also includes musical entertainment from Shannon Noll and plenty of tennis interactive games for tennis fans of all ages!

All proceeds go to The Children's Hospital at Westmead!

Visit apiainternational.com.au for more details on the star-studded field and schedule of the day's activities!

EVENT DATE*:
Sun 27 Nov - Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre
*Ticketek is selling for the above venue only.
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=LLEYTONH11&view=AO

who has the opportunity, to go, I think it will be interesting:)

#9 ·

23 December 2011

Hi everyone,

Well it is that time of the year again, where it starts to get full on with training and getting ready for the Aussie summer of tennis.

I have been putting in a lot of hard hours on the practice court with Rochey and also good fitness sessions with Nathan Martin. I really love this time of year where you can really push yourself on the training track and hopefully set up for a big new year.

I am getting ready to play Verdasco in my opening match at the Hopman Cup on New Years Day, it will be a really good test playing a quality opponent. It is going to be a big bonus having 3 guaranteed matches in Perth this year after having so much time off in 2011. Hopefully it will set me up well for the Apia International in Sydney and then the Australian Open.

Also looking forward to playing another home Davis Cup tie in February at the Geelong Lawn Tennis Club.

I am going to enjoy Christmas Day with Bec and our 3 little ones and all our close family. Such a special time of the year.
I hope you all have a great Xmas and a healthy and happy 2012!!!
Lleyton

#11 ·

Back home after all the New Years celebrating. About 3 hours (?) to go until Llleyton's match. Might have consumed a bit of alcohol, but I'll be as close to 100% as possible to cheer Lleyton on, who will be as close to 100% as possible to perform. We Love you Lleyton! Let's go Lleyton lets go *clap clap*

#15 ·

Yeah he looked really good out there, all things considered. The two doubles and unforced error from 40-30 in the final game were horrible, but we know that Lleyton needs matches to get that toughness back into him on the big points.

#18 ·

Lleyton lost 2-6 7-5 1-6. Аmbiguous match, there were many unforced errors, needed match practice, like the fact that he is attacking.
Yeah, I love that he's staying right on top of the baseline and trying to dictate play. Mentally he's not yet there on the big points, but hopefully he'll get there.

Pretty worried about the foot too. He changed his footwear to adidas for the doubles. He has been moving well, it's just always in the back of your mind every time you see him scamper about the court. Doesn't look to be playing on his mind though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.