Mens Tennis Forums banner

French Open Juniors

3K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  Haile Selassie 
#1 ·
Who will win the most important junior clay court tournament of the year?

#7 ·
Franco Tamagnone is so far from qualys :mad:

#11 ·
It it will be impossible coz Guido junior ranking is something like 810 :wavey:

#14 ·
WC for main draw:

WC BOTTI Kévin 14/01/1989 FRA 94 1498 WC
WC FERET Antoine 09/04/1990 FRA 933 WC
WC INZERILLO Jérôme 15/02/1990 FRA 128 1498 WC
WC MICHON Axel 16/12/1990 FRA 82 WC
WC PAIRE Benoît 08/05/1989 FRA 127 WC
WC RUFIN Guillaume 26/05/1990 FRA 306 WC
WC SLILAM Nassim 21/02/1990 FRA 142 WC
WC TAN Nysan 10/04/1989 FRA WC

#22 ·
Good luck in the main draw
*Piro
*Elias
*Roy

#29 ·
Elias was a big disappointment, after huge hype expectations were big but he seemed very ordinary. Sure he is younger than rest of the field but of younger players Rhyne Williams were a lot more promising player even though he lost as well, after having few match points. Maybe this was just a bad day for Elias.

For as much as I saw I would expect to do well at RG: Eysseric, Luncanu or Ignatic.

#30 ·
JONATHAN from Paris

So I’m feeling good today even though I lost my mixed doubles match. I had to wait until 6pm to play the match and unfortunately it only took 40 minutes, like my match yesterday, but the result wasn’t as good for me, we lost 61 61 to Sun and Knowles. But it was fun anyway, me and Alize are good friends so we had a good time playing together.

I arrived on site at 10am to do physical training, abdominal exercises, stuff like that, I quite enjoy it, we do it in the FFT training centre on site. My coach is my dad and Charles Auffray from ISP Academy. I am in the Team Lagadere, it’s a team of French tennis players, Gasquet, Benneteau, Mahut, Chala, Botti and we train in Sophia Antipolis near to Cannes in the South of France.

After my physical training I had some lunch, some pasta and yoghurt and Perrier. I had lunch with my doubles partner Kellen, it was a bit tough for me today because Kellen was playing against Kevin Botti who is also a good friend of mine. I didn’t watch the match but I was a bit surpised at the score 61 61 to Kellen, he played really well, so it's looking good for the doubles.

You can see in the photos I was hanging out with Isabella Holland for some of the day, she’s from Australia, so when I did my photo shoot she came with me. I am good friends with a lot of the Australians, like Stephen Donald who did the blog at Wimbledon last year. I have to make sure my blog is better than his blog, but I’m sure it will be because I’m much more interesting than him!

So now I’m going to stretch, get a massage, take a shower and get a car back to the hotel. I’m in a hotel with the Team Lagadere and there is a good pizza restaurant across the road so I will go there for dinner with my physical coach.

Ok, so that’s enough for today I’ll see you tomorrow.

TUESDAY - JONATHAN

Today Faye from the ITF is not very happy with me, I have made her be late for the Champions Dinner. I finished my doubles at 7pm, then I took a shower and massage, and Faye was waiting for me at the door, angry with me, she obviously couldn't come into the locker room to get me! so I was relaxed.

Anyway, I am to the site at 10 for physical warm up and then I tennis warm up and then I played at 12.30 against Fabbiano. He's quite a good friend of mine so I played bad, and I guess he did a bit too. But luckily I won 75 61 and in the next round I will play Berankis, I played him when I was 13 in the European Championships and I lost 63 in the third. I think we have both changed a bit now.

Sorry the blog is short today, Faye has to go to party at the Champions Dinner.

See you tomorrow.

Reactions: Jim Jones
#31 ·
3rd round:
(1)Matteo Trevisan (ITA) d. Andrew Thomas (AUS) 3/6 6/3 6/4
Cesar Ramirez (MEX) d. Bence Gyula Toth (HUN) 6/4 6/2
Vladimir Karusevich (RUS) d. (3)Stephane Piro (FRA) 6/3 6/0
(5)Greg Jones (AUS) d. (11)Petru-Alexandru Luncanu (ROM) 7/5 6/2
Kellen Damico (USA) d. (6)Brydan Klein (AUS) 7/6(6) 6/4
(4)Fernando Romboli (BRA) d. Benoit Pare (FRA) 6/4 6/4
(12)Vladimir Ignatic (BLR) d. Jerome Inzerillo (FRA) 6/3 4/6 6/2
(15)Ricardas Berankis (LTU) d. (2)Jonathan Eysseric (FRA) 6/3 3/6 6/3

Quarter-finals:
(1)Matteo Trevisan (ITA) vs Cesar Ramirez (MEX)
Vladimir Karusevich (RUS) vs (5)Greg Jones (AUS)
Kellen Damico (USA) vs (4)Fernando Romboli (BRA)
(12)Vladimir Ignatic (BLR) vs (15)Ricardas Berankis (LTU)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.