Mens Tennis Forums banner

4K views 69 replies 47 participants last post by  Fedex 
#1 · (Edited)

#10 ·
Re: Federer def. Phau, 7-5 6-0 6-4

I'm pretty sure a top player sometime in the recent past, it may have been Agassi, described Phau as one of the fastest guys he'd ever seen on a tennis court, and it was in evidence today - the number of times he threw up defensive lobs from impossible positions was remarkable. Best of all had to be that point at the end of the first set, that should go in a highlight reel for Day 1 for sure.

#12 ·

I'm pretty sure a top player sometime in the recent past, it may have been Agassi, described Phau as one of the fastest guys he'd ever seen on a tennis court, and it was in evidence today - the number of times he threw up defensive lobs from impossible positions was remarkable. Best of all had to be that point at the end of the first set, that should go in a highlight reel for Day 1 for sure.
Yep, it was Agassi. Actually, Cahill mentioned it during the match. He said that Andre came off the court once after playing Phau and said that the dude was probably the quickest player he ever played.

#11 ·

Well it wasn't pretty but he got there in the end - he was more then usually grumpy with himself today, at one point saying to himself loudly "nice shot, idiot"

He had to work hard for it, it wasn't coming easily, but he's in R2 and that's good enough for now.

#23 ·

Some of you are talking as if you saw the whole match from start to finish.
If so, can you please tell me in which country and on what channel?

I was infuriated that they showed the Roddick match first on ESPN here in the US. I was hoping to see Federer, but only got to see a few games of the match and then the very end!!!!:mad:

Please tell me where you saw the whole match.

Thanks!

#30 ·

The first set was pretty fun :lol:, the rest was terribly boring :eek:

#32 ·

Fed was strangely nervous at the beginning of the match, resulting in some crazy statistics (got broken 3 times in a set :eek: , but broke back 4 times :worship: ). Some of those are to Bjorn's credit but Fed was also spraying UEs all around. Then, at 3-5 down in the 1st set, he decided to kill the suspense and won 11 next games, making like 2-3 UEs in the process. Steamroll :devil: . I had the impression he could break him anytime and never actually doubted he might lose a set. Just too good when on fire... only his own psyche can stop him, actually.

#39 ·

Fedever, I saw the match from start to finish. ;)
Philippines-Star Sports South East Asia, Global Destiny Cable Channel 67.

Federer only started to wake-up when Phau is serving for the set in the 1st set. (5-4). He was broken thrice in the first set by Phau. :eek: After that set it's business as usual. :worship: From what I saw on TV, Fed suffered minor blisters in his left foot and the trainor taped it. I think he's fine. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.