Mens Tennis Forums banner

Breaking the Bercy curse, vamos Feña plis win a match and we're going to Shanghai!!!!

4K views 81 replies 13 participants last post by  RogiFan88 
#1 · (Edited)
Tournament Name: BNP PARIBAS MASTERS
Dates: 28 OCTOBER-4 NOVEMBER 2007 (SUNDAY START)
Prize Money: EURO 2,082,500 (€ 1,870,000)
48 DRAW

SITE: PALAIS OMNISPORTS DE PARIS-BERCY
8 BOULEVARD DE BERCY
75012 PARIS
SURFACE: ACRYLIC ON WOOD
BALL: HEAD ATP
PRIZE MONEY: EURO
WEB SITE: http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/default_en.asp

Qualifying draw: Friday, October 26, 2007, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Friday, October 26, 2007, 6:30 p.m.
Doubles draw: Saturday, October 27, 6:00 p.m.

ATP Ranking Points/ATP Race Points
W: 500/100
F: 350/70
SF: 225/45
QF: 125/25
R16: 75/15
R32: 35/7 (Seeds: 5/1)
R64: 5/1 (WC: 0/0)
Q: +15/+3
Q12: 8/0
Q24: 0/0

Entry deadline: September 17, 2007
Seeding: October 22, 2007

1 Federer, Roger SUI 1
2 Nadal, Rafael ESP 2
3 Djokovic, Novak SRB 3
4 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 4
OUT Roddick, Andy USA 5
6 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 6
7 Blake, James USA 7
8 Ferrer, David ESP 8
9 Robredo, Tommy ESP 9
10 Berdych, Tomas CZE 10
11 Haas, Tommy GER 11
12 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 12
13 Canas, Guillermo ARG 13
14 Gasquet, Richard FRA 14
15 Moya, Carlos ESP 15
16 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 16
17 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 17
18 Kiefer, Nicolas GER @17
19 Murray, Andy GBR 18
20 Monaco, Juan ARG 19
21 Baghdatis, Marcos CYP 20
OUT Hewitt, Lleyton AUS 21
OUT Johansson, Joachim SWE @21
24 Nalbandian, David ARG 22
25 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 23
26 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 24
27 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 25
28 Almagro, Nicolas ESP 26
OUT Safin, Marat RUS 27
30 Starace, Potito ITA 28
31 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 29
32 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 30
33 Simon, Gilles FRA 31
OUT Malisse, Xavier BEL @31
35 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 32
OUT Soderling, Robin SWE 33
OUT Stepanek, Radek CZE 34
38 Volandri, Filippo ITA 35
39 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 36
40 (Q)
41 (Q)
42 (Q)
43 (Q)
44 (Q)
45 (Q)
46 (WC) Mahut, Nicolas FRA
47 (WC) Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA
48 (WC) Grosjean, Sebastien FRA

Alternates
OUT Andreev, Igor RUS 37
OUT Hrbaty, Dominik SVK 38
OUT Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 39
IN Fish, Mardy USA 40
IN Clement, Arnaud FRA 41
IN Melzer, Jurgen AUT 42
IN Santoro, Fabrice FRA 43
IN Wawrinka, Stanislas SUI 44
OUT Monfils, Gael FRA 45
IN Ancic, Mario CRO 46
IN Montanes, Albert ESP 47
1. Lopez, Feliciano ESP 48
OUT Calleri, Agustin ARG 49
2. Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 50
3. Querrey, Sam USA 51
4. Hernandez, Oscar ESP 52
5. Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 53
6. Koubek, Stefan AUT 54
7. Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 55
8. Johansson, Thomas SWE 56

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Breaking the Bercy curse, vamos Feña plis win a match and we're going to Shanghai

Well, everything will be decided in this tournament ...

Giving Fernando all the luck and all the good vibes and hoping for a good draw and hoping that the other competitors in the race for Shangai will lose early and ... well ... hoping for all the good things that can happen to Fernando in this tournament. :lol:

VAMOS FERNANDOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

#3 · (Edited)
Re: Breaking the Bercy curse, vamos Feña plis win a match and we're going

Main Draw

1) R. Federer v. bye
F. Verdasco v. I. Karlovic
N. Almagro v. D. Nalbandian
bye v. 14) C. Moya

12) T. Berdych v. bye
P-H. Mathieu v. M. Ancic
D. Tursunov v. Fish
bye v. 5) D. Ferrer

3) N. Djokovic v. bye
F. Santoro v. A. Montanes
J. Nieminen v. J. Monaco
bye v. 15) A. Murray

10) R. Gasquet v. bye
WC) J-W. Tsonga v. WC) S. Grosjean
Q) v. WC) N. Mahut
bye v. 6) J. Blake

8) T. Robredo v. bye
P. Starace v. G. Simon
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 11) G. Canas

13) I. Ljubicic v. bye
J.C. Ferrero v. M. Baghdatis
Q) v. F. Lopez
bye v. 4) N. Davydenko

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

16) J.I. Chela v. bye
S. Wawrinka v. N. Kiefer
J. Melzer v. F. Volandri
bye v. 2) R. Nadal

Vamos Feña!!! :rocker2:

#4 ·
Re: Breaking the Bercy curse, vamos Feña plis win a match and we're going to Shanghai

Again a French in his draw, can't believe it. Haven't seen the results of Simon lately, but I hope it won't be him. I really hope he'll forget all his defeats here and that he'll break the Bercy curse as you wrote !! I'd love to see him go far in my town !!!

I saw what they called the draw on tv, I discovered that I had this channel, well, we didn't have it LIVE and I found it on MTF :lol: David Nalbandian was there and has been interviewed. Apparently, they changed many things in the stadium, in the organisation. The first matches will be this year on sunday, and afterwards, there'll be a concert (David Guetta, a popular DJ).

On sunday, with a friend, we are going to walk around the stadium and the official hotel. I hope to send you a report with good news in the evening. We hope to see Feña and we'll wish him "buena suerte", he deserves to go far and to qualify for the Masters Cup !!!

VAMOS :bounce: :bounce:

#5 ·

I think it's not a bad draw ... ( :secret: )I'm actually afraid to say that :scared: don't want to jinx him :scared: )

But he should at least win his second round but well, I prefer not to say too much things and just wait to see what happens.

VAMOS FERNANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

#6 ·

Simon... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sobbing: :help:

#7 ·

Change Robredo and Gonzalez!!

#8 · (Edited)

WTF those stupid frenchies? :mad:

why they changed Feña and Boredo spots? :retard:

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

:help::help::help:

#10 ·

WTF those stupid frenchies? :mad:

why they changed Feña and Boredo spots? :retard:

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

:help::help::help:
it's not the first time, two years ago something similar happen between Blake and.... Robredo; strange, no??? :eek:

Clement in 2nd round is worse IMO :help:

#13 ·

Aaarrghhh!!! :mad: Why??? Horrible draw he has now :mad:

#14 ·

damn it, we need only a single win to enter the TMC... but Clement or Youzhny on carpet indoors.. and vs this Gonzo :help:

#15 ·

I hate Bercy. :mad: If they change it why hadn't they changed it before published the draw to public?
Clement and Youzhny are not easy to beat!

#19 ·

:awww: what was the reason for changing the draw? :mad:

Good Luck to Fernando though, :hatoff: if he's "on" he can win those matches. :yeah:

#20 ·

Back from my first day around Bercy stadium :)

Was a good day and for once with my friend, we got all our players the same day and in a few hours. Most of the time, we have to wait the last day.

We arrived around 1pm, and we tried to find a restaurant to have lunch. We found one in front of the stadium. We saw Clement's brother there :lol: :lol: (he arrived after us). Then, we made a tour around the players' entrance and then, left to the official hotel. When we arrived, we saw Tommy Haas (my friend's fave player), so the things started well, and just behind us, Vince Spadea arrived :lol: Vince is a kind of radar for us, if we see him, we have some good things happening. We also saw Mathieu's picture on the official cars (good sign also, Mathieu always announces good things for us). We waited outside and saw again T. Haas, running (about 35 minutes), then, he came back. And, about 30 mins later, Feña came outside to go to practrice :) :) Gisela was with him, and Larry, Carlos Burgos and another guy. I was very happy at least to see him. They got into a car and left. The car had problems to start, we were just sitting in front of them, was a bit funny. Finally, they left. Then, we bought a hot drink and went to the stadium to try to talk to him after his practrice. We stayed until 7pm outside, as it was too cold, we left. But, I think he stayed for the David Guetta's concert. We saw David Guetta's :lol: we don't care even if I like his music. We were a few outside so it was ok. We saw Carlos Moya who couldn't walk, so I don't think he'll play his second round, I'm sad because he's my second fave player, and it was painful to see him like that. I hope doctors will make miracles.

Tommorrow, he'll play the doubles, I'm going to buy a ticket. I'll try to post tomorrow evening with pics and reports. It will be fun to watch :)

#21 ·

Back from my first day around Bercy stadium :)

Was a good day and for once with my friend, we got all our players the same day and in a few hours. Most of the time, we have to wait the last day.

We arrived around 1pm, and we tried to find a restaurant to have lunch. We found one in front of the stadium. We saw Clement's brother there :lol: :lol: (he arrived after us). Then, we made a tour around the players' entrance and then, left to the official hotel. When we arrived, we saw Tommy Haas (my friend's fave player), so the things started well, and just behind us, Vince Spadea arrived :lol: Vince is a kind of radar for us, if we see him, we have some good things happening. We also saw Mathieu's picture on the official cars (good sign also, Mathieu always announces good things for us). We waited outside and saw again T. Haas, running (about 35 minutes), then, he came back. And, about 30 mins later, Feña came outside to go to practrice :) :) Gisela was with him, and Larry, Carlos Burgos and another guy. I was very happy at least to see him. They got into a car and left. The car had problems to start, we were just sitting in front of them, was a bit funny. Finally, they left. Then, we bought a hot drink and went to the stadium to try to talk to him after his practrice. We stayed until 7pm outside, as it was too cold, we left. But, I think he stayed for the David Guetta's concert. We saw David Guetta's :lol: we don't care even if I like his music. We were a few outside so it was ok. We saw Carlos Moya who couldn't walk, so I don't think he'll play his second round, I'm sad because he's my second fave player, and it was painful to see him like that. I hope doctors will make miracles.

Tommorrow, he'll play the doubles, I'm going to buy a ticket. I'll try to post tomorrow evening with pics and reports. It will be fun to watch :)
EF - gracias for the report! :hug:

Sounds like you had fun.

So great that you got to see Fernando!! :yeah:

I've been so busy - why is Gisela following Fernando around rather than playing? I know that she was in Madrid too. Is she hurt?

#23 ·

He is so close!!!

All he has to do is win one match which would have been sooo much easier with the first draw. :( :sad:

You are so lucky that you can see him...you have to wish him luck from all of us! :)

I'm glad that Gisela is there. Maybe she can bring him some luck!

#24 ·

Thank you so much for the report, EF!! :D

Great to know that you had fun and could see Feña and Carlos. :yeah: too bad to "hear" about Carlos though ... didn't know he was having some problems. Let's hope he'll be okay.

Also is good that Gisela is there! Let's hope she'll bring him the luck he needs. :lol:

#25 ·

Merci for your report enquvistfan! I guess all your radars were right:lol: It great you were able to see your two favorite players. I hope Carlos is better in time to play the 2nd round.

Have fun at Fernando's double match. I look forward to your next report :yeah:

#27 ·

David Guetta is my favourite DJ!!!

Youzhny vs Gonzo in 2nd round||

#28 ·

Mischa won :banana:

no frenchies!!!!!!!!!! :D

#29 ·

Hola! Long time no post [too much crappy work deadlines]!

EF, thanks for your report! Let's hope FENA makes Shanghai -- it is hyper important! I can't abide any other guy taking his 8th spot! What's wrong w Charly?? Didn't he play that Turbo Tenis in Zaragoza w Raf and Ferru on the weekend? [that means Rogi could play Nalby again IF he wins his R2 vs. Ivo/FerV!]

Have more fun at Bercy!!!

ALLEZ, FENITA!!!!!!!!!!! Il faut que tu gagnes plus d'un match cette semaine a Paris... que la lumiere de Paris te donne des pouvoirs de gagnant [or whatever silliness I'm trying to say en francais]! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.