Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4)

19K views 294 replies 104 participants last post by  xargon 
#1 ·
:wavey:

Who is the overrated servebot now?

Slamray :spit: One of the worst slam champions of all time, he is the shadow of Ivanisevic and Johansson :eek:

Glad to see my pug puppy win another match :yeah:

#212 ·
This loss is no big deal for Andy in the overall context of the year. Long year some great results over the summer, had a bad day. It's not in the least uncommon for the top players to fail in such events at the end of the season. The only one's really disappointed are those who foolishly thought he had a good shot at year end number one. Simply was too far behind in the points race for that to be realistically possible.

#217 ·
Shut up Nick.

Hm, good win for Milos this. Go for the title tall one.
Are you telling me or begging me?
Mighty Rao might easily end up with more slams than Pushray.

#218 ·
Raonic is not winning more slams than Murray :lol:

#223 ·
I don't even understand why you guys even bother replying to Sapeod who is just a silly kid who is obsessed with Murray. I was gonna put him on my ignore list but love reading his stupid gems. I don't think I've read even one single post that he said something intelligent or neutral.

#229 ·
I don't even understand why you guys even bother replying to Sapeod who is just a silly kid who is obsessed with Murray. I was gonna put him on my ignore list but love reading his stupid gems. I don't think I've read even one single post that he said something intelligent or neutral.
Obviously you haven't read many of my posts then.
So you expect others to give credit to Murray for his wins but you don't do the same for Djokovic. You're a hypocrite.
I don't expect anything from anybody on here.
Murray in Rome final. :spit:

wat
Ah, excuse me. Rome semi-final.

#239 ·
This is quite a surprising result considering Andy just routined this guy a few weeks ago. Also Andy is a slam champion, olympic champion, 8 time masters champion, 5 slam finals, many more semi's...the list goes on. What has Raonic ever done? A 250? 500 finalist?

#241 ·
3 ATP 250, 2 ATP 500 finals, 0 Masters finals, 0 GS finals.

Murray at Raonic's current age:

6 ATP 250, 1 ATP 500, 2 Masters, 1 GS final.
There is still a large difference in career success. It shows how much standards have dropped when it comes to judging young players if Raonic is considered the best hope.

Another way of looking at it:

Masters best at 21: Raonic-QF Murray-W
Slam best at 21: raonic-R4 Murray-F

#243 ·
Tennis is different then it was back then, peak years have moved back, and the game is more physical, so it makes sense that younger prospects would have achieved less than years past.

But I'm not gonna argue with anyone about that, that has been been gone over and over time and time again, and this is not really the place anyway

#245 ·
impressive display of mental fortitude from milos down a break and match points in the 3rd. the key differentiator is his newfound willingness to stand closer to the baseline and take the ball on the rise, opening up better angles and net attacking opportunities. noticeable improvement on the ros as well as he’s finally stepping in and attacking the 2nd serve instead of reacting from 4 ft behind the baseline. 46% of 2nd serve pts won versus only 30% in new york...that’s a massive improvement. props to galo blanco & co.

disappointing to see murray lose control of his emotions, esp. in light of his revelatory 5th set performance in new york. at one point raonic immediately challenged a service call to which murray screamed “that’s fucking bullshit!”. milos looked befuddled, then grinned as if to say “i’ve got him now”. andy needs to stay in control of his emotions (he's no john mcenroe) and act like a gs champ and olympian instead of a whiny little bitch.

#246 ·
disappointing to see murray lose control of his emotions, esp. in light of his revelatory 5th set performance in new york. at one point raonic immediately challenged a service call to which murray screamed “that’s fucking bullshit!”. milos looked befuddled, then grinned as if to say “i’ve got him now”. andy needs to stay in control of his emotions (he's no john mcenroe) and act like a gs champ and olympian instead of a whiny little bitch.
I rememebr that, and the funny thing was, the very previous point, Milos hit a ball out, which was called in, Murray hit the shot, it when into the net so then he decided to challenge. Basically the exact same thing he was mad that Milos did he did the very previous point.

Murray won his challenge, MIlos lost his:eek:

#247 ·
well done Milos.

#251 ·
And had he reached a slam QF by now then that statement above would more than likely say "in my opinion if he was a future slam winner he would probably have atleast played a slam SF by now"

#267 ·
Yeah, so is thayou predicting he won't win a 2nd slam?

Most predict he will win a 2nd slam, he is still relatively young.

I really don't think having a GS QF by your 3rd season is that key of a measuring stick when measuring how great a player will be

#266 ·
Mugray is the worst GS winner in the open era. Gets schooled by a "serve bot" despite having the best return on the tour according to his tards :superlol:

Hope Corey Failman and Crapeod watched this match. It really exposed Mandy as a counterpunching mug with no game, forehand, second serve and balls. There is a very good reason this clown is 1-4 in slam finals. If only No2e wasn't screwed by the USTA, he'd be 0-5 by now :eek:

#268 ·
Mugray is the worst GS winner in the open era. Gets schooled by a "serve bot" despite having the best return on the tour according to the stats :superlol:

Hope Corey Failman and Crapeod watched this match. It really exposed Mandy as a counterpunching mug with no game, forehand, second serve and balls. There is a very good reason this clown is 1-4 in slam finals. If only No2e wasn't screwed by the USTA, he'd be 0-5 by now :eek:
Fixed it for you. :)

#270 ·
People thinking Mugray will win another slam :lol::spit:

This mug pusher fluked USO and he certainly won't be getting "help" from tennis organizations in other slams. He's a clay mug and No2e will destroy him in AO. The only chance he has is at USO and only if his every opponent is injured and chokes. Hurricane level winds and USTA rigging the draw is essential too. After all how else is his supposed to outpush his opponents if they had a day of rest and not forced to play back to back matches.

#272 ·
Sapeod making excuses :superlol:

NID. Time to accept Mugray is a clown who fluked a slam against exhausted N0le. Should have lost to Cilic IMO.

#273 ·
But using an arbitrary round reached after an arbitrary number of slams doesn't prove anything, this is like te perfect example of using statistics to make it look like what you want to prove

I could say most multiple slam winners make round 4 at a slam by their 5th slam, Fed did, Nadal did, Murray did(he will more than likely win another slam). Nole and Hewitt are exceptions.

Milos made the 4th round at his 2nd slam, ergo he's likely to be a multiple slam winner.

You can't just make statements like this, what round reached after so many slams and other manipulated statistics don't prove anything.

You have to look at the full picture, when the current top 4 retire slams will be more up for grabs, nobody of the young guys have shown anything close to what Milos has done, that would lead me to believe he will win slams, not some manipulated stats

#275 ·
Well I've already explained by reasoning behind the being older thing. Tennis will not always be the same as it was 10 years before, and in this case it's more physical then it was 10 years ago resulting in older breakthroughs, and later peaks. Some people refuse to accept that, but whatever, Milos will prove it to you. How do you expect someone to break through at 18 when they're still playing juniors? Milos was playing mostly juniors at age 18. 3 years later him almost in the top 10 is quite impressive imo especially when you consider he only won I think 1 GS match as a junior

And trying to prove a point or not the statistics you posted don't show anything at all, and will have no relation to his career just like my reaching the 4th round in his 2nd slam has.

#276 ·
Milos is obviously the future of tennis. He is already winning tournaments, beating weaker top 10 players like Mandy and Trashsarevic and cracking top 15. Still very young, his game can improve immensely in the upcoming years. After the big 3 retire, who can challenge him? Goffin? Sock? Tomic? Young? Don't make me laugh. His serve alone is worth more than what passes for games of those jesters. Milos will end up with about 8 slams, most of them coming from USO and Wimbledon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.