Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Election Day" Thread

8K views 398 replies 53 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 ·
I had to post this to talk about the elections, because I don't belong in either the Obama or the McCain threads. :p

I voted this morning here in Virgina.

Barr for President.
Warner for Senate.
Perriello for Congress.

The races I'm watching most closely are for the aforementioned Perriello (who is the best change we've had to get rid of that asshole Goode), the NC Senate race (go Hagan!), and California's prop 8.

What are you guys following most closely?

#163 ·
my sister who just called fme from VA is saying not all counties reported yet.
Way to go OHIO and Pensylvania.

#177 ·
It is highly unlikely that McCain can poach one of the west coast states... so it's like 95% in the bag ;)

We just wait to see how big a victory it is ;)

And for it to be official so we can see what is probably going to be one of the most magnificent speeches in modern history.

#184 ·
Is anyone looking at Texas? Urban areas have just begun to report, a lot of the rural areas are already mostly in, and Obama is doing great near the border and near New Mexico. Stealing Texas would be huge.. NBC said the young vote and the Hispanic vote are huge for him there. He's only down 7% which in itself is pretty big.

#188 ·
That's interesting. Although ABC called it for McCain already. You would be able to win a lot of money by betting on that at the moment. :lol:

#204 ·
BARACK GOT IOWA :D
Never in doubt. 2004 was just an anomaly for Iowa in the Presidential vote.

I'm listening a bit to the BBC. Why do they insist on mispronouncing Barack?? :confused: It's not bare-ack. Why don't they know that?
The BBC prefers to anglocize nearly all names. The way that the actual person (or the rest of the world, for that matter) pronounces the name is generally irrelevant to the BBC.

Reactions: Mimi
#194 ·
Obama very close to taking the lead in Indiana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.