Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Election Day" Thread

8K views 398 replies 53 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 ·
I had to post this to talk about the elections, because I don't belong in either the Obama or the McCain threads. :p

I voted this morning here in Virgina.

Barr for President.
Warner for Senate.
Perriello for Congress.

The races I'm watching most closely are for the aforementioned Perriello (who is the best change we've had to get rid of that asshole Goode), the NC Senate race (go Hagan!), and California's prop 8.

What are you guys following most closely?

#85 ·
If you look a trading/betting exchanges sites most battleground states are heavily favoured for Obama. Usually these figures/odds are pretty accurate. I'm pretty sure Obama is winning by a landslide.

#88 ·
Good to see Vermont and Maine doing the right thing, hehe.

#89 ·
Exit polls said 89% of people in PA said the economy was the #1 issue and they heavily went for Obama.

Currently they say Obama is getting more white voters in NC than Kerry did, 39% of whites in NC who said race was a factor still voted for Obama.

#96 ·
I just had my first smile for the night..........I just saw which counties were reporting in Florida and I think Florida is going Blue. Central florida which typically determines the color of Florida is going blue. In 04, central florida went red.

I think PA is going blue and the numbers for NC look interesting.

#100 ·
Dole got donkey punched.

#111 ·
North Carolina is interesting...if Obama wins, that has to be the first time since the 60's that NC would go Democrat.

Feel sorry for Dole in a way, but not too sorry. :lol: We need those 60 senators. Of course, Maine's Snowe and Collins (who got re-elected) are "good" Republicans. :lol: They will will vote with the Democrats on a lot of issues. So we really just need 58.

#115 ·
Yahoo/ABC still has 51/49 for popular vote, but the northeast states have almost zero votes counted while being called for Obama so that figure is misleading. I think when all is said and done Obama will have something like 60-40 or better.

#116 ·
Arnie had a memorable speech the other day, he will invite Barack to one of his bodybuilding conventions to do something about the skinny legs

Arnie is all about the issues, star of the pumping iron left europe because of socialsim although i am pretty sure he didnt know what it means back then and probably now as well

#121 ·
Arnie had a memorable speech the other day, he will invite Barack to one of his bodybuilding conventions to do something about the skinny legs

Arnie is all about the issues, star of the pumping iron left europe because of socialsim although i am pretty sure he didnt know what it means back then and probably now as well
What are you talking about? Schwarzenegger a socialst? Star fo the "pumping iron left europe"?
:haha:

#123 ·
Michelle Bachmann? That's that gay-hating mother of a gay man that Perez Hilton is always talking about? Is she losing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.