Mens Tennis Forums banner

Patrick Ciorcila

18K views 93 replies 24 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
India F3

R32 vs. Crivoi , 2-1 retired
R16 vs. Rawat , 6-3 6-3
QF vs. Prashanth 7-6 6-2
SF vs. Leonardi , i don't know the score , but i know that Patrick won !

Nice gift from him to me :D . Today's my birthday ! :D
Good luck in final against Tak Wang ! :D

Ciorcila vs. Sabau ( 14 years old Patrick , Sabau former top 100 player ) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3n1ojOYwA

Ciorcila vs. Denes Lukacs :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NKO7EiumA
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQG73IPO5vs
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzii8-usSc

Ciorcila vs. Alexandru Ghilea :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tajF4JwhPig
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-wo91C844
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqolDFutpPQ
PART 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnj-a6sQN3U

Ciorcila vs. Daniel Masur ( junior match ) :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuhpXtrA0MI
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lPoJ37dNg
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYoghss7TGM

ATM Patrick is the most promising young player from Romania !

Good luck in your career . Patrick ! :worship::worship::worship:

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 16 years old Patrick Ciorcila reach his first Futures Final !

it´s a Futures Franky

#5 ·

I was afraid of someone starting a thread on this subject over here. :facepalm:

This board is so polluted with hate that nobody has any chance of appreciation, no matter how young or talented he is.

Anyway, it's much too early to say Patrick will have a glorious future. It's how he chooses his next challenges that will answer this question. What is valid for Quinzi, is valid for Patrick. His game style favors both clay and hard, but he needs more power in order to be effective on hard. If anything, these victories, even against not-in-shape players and even if in India, have a major morale impact on him, and will help him create a strong will to constantly improve his game.

#6 ·

I was afraid of someone starting a thread on this subject over here. :facepalm:

This board is so polluted with hate that nobody has any chance of appreciation, no matter how young or talented he is.

Anyway, it's much too early to say Patrick will have a glorious future. It's how he chooses his next challenges that will answer this question. What is valid for Quinzi, is valid for Patrick. His game style favors both clay and hard, but he needs more power in order to be effective on hard. If anything, these victories, even against not-in-shape players and even if in India, have a major morale impact on him, and will help him create a strong will to constantly improve his game.
Appreciation for what? Beating two no-name Indians in a futures event on clay?

Don't get me wrong, I hope he is a huge talent and has a great career, but winning a futures in India would mean very little other than a decent amount of ranking points for him due to the quality of the field being pretty much non-existant.

There's 4 clay court futures events this week and this one along Turkey is significantly weaker than the other two.

Why people feel the need to make players the "next big thing" is beyond me.

#7 ·

Franky made the same comments when someone made a thread for Kyrgios when he won a challenger not too long ago. Always looking to spread hate just when OP is looking for a bit of excitement from other ppl. It's too bad there's ppl like you on these threads. Would be a bit more cheerful without you personally;)

#9 ·

Franky made the same comments when someone made a thread for Kyrgios when he won a challenger not too long ago. Always looking to spread hate just when OP is looking for a bit of excitement from other ppl. It's too bad there's ppl like you on these threads. Would be a bit more cheerful without you personally;)
Wing Man Frank has successfully taken the Vulture theory over to Futures tournaments. Lenders would be proud.

#11 ·

i would put it this way: it would be worrying thing for his career if he *didn't beat* these unknowns on his way to the final

got lucky with crivoi's injury though, vic won 2 futures in india back to back previous weeks

#19 ·

This Ciorcila must be good.

Barely into futures and already haters.

Davai.

#20 ·

This is ridiculous, you're undermining his accomplishment based off nothing. Getting to a futures finals as a 16 year old is impressive. No, he may not become a Top 10 player, I can agree with that, but it's actually pathetic to try to make this achievement insignificant. Anderson beat Ferrer, no he probably won't win Indian Wells, but its still a big deal. And in terms of statistics, most kids who win Futures when they're 16 go on to have pretty decent careers.

#25 ·

Regardless of the opposition that is good going for such a young guy. What is the background with this fella? Don't imagine you get to many Romanians named Patrick.
Yes, Patrick is not that common as a name in Romania. More often is Patriciu, which Patrick can be derived from. But as modernism hit Romania just like anywhere else, many parents have named their kids using the short form or the foreign form of common Romanian names. Patrick Ciorcila is definitely Romanian, born in Cluj-Napoca, raised in Cluj-Napoca, trained in Cluj-Napoca. But where are you getting with this? What do you wanna know about his background?

#26 ·

Denes Lukacs last match was June of last year, Daniel Masur has no pro record to speak of (he's 18), Razvan Sabau's last match was September of last year, Alexandru Ghilea's last match was September of last year.

Can you see why I don't think he deserves a thread for beating a couple of Indian nobodies?

#28 ·

Can you see why I don't think he deserves a thread for beating a couple of Indian nobodies?
I don't think anyone is in any position to justify the existence of any thread (if on topic). If you don't want to take part in it, you're not forced to. The back button is usually top left in any browser.:D

#36 ·

There, we reached an understanding, in which both of us see the other one's point of view quite clearly. We shall let the future decide and see what Patrick does from this point forward. A victory here is a morale boost and maybe in the next month he can use a Wild Card in the Bucharest Open and spend it wisely enough to get more credit.;)

#37 ·

There, we reached an understanding, in which both of us see the other one's point of view quite clearly. We shall let the future decide and see what Patrick does from this point forward. A victory here is a morale boost and maybe in the next month he can use a Wild Card in the Bucharest Open and spend it wisely enough to get more credit.;)
I hope so. The current crop of youngsters in the 20-23 bracket make me want to kill myself.

#38 ·

BTW. Patrick was actually gonna play some USA Futures this start of the year, but there were problems with his passport and missed the chance of going there. He went to India with Crivoi in order to get some training done with him and learn from his experience. If you ask me, it was a good learning experience and a swell compromise for missing on the USA level Futures.:)

#39 ·

quinzi is getting some hype here, while among juniors in his last events he was losing to guys like nishioka, hamou, djere or kokkinakis (first three are a bit older, last one is a bit younger)

apparently this nishioka kid has a futures title already, unlike quinzi. beat quintero, m. klein, mina, borvanov, m. arevalo

then in texas 15K futures he made semis after qualifying, beat there mc gee, krueger, christian harrison

this looks probably the best among all discussed players here, though he doesn't seem to be regular, this week lost in futures quallies.

and kyrgios is ahead of them all with challenger title and a semi from this season

#43 ·

quinzi is getting some hype here, while among juniors in his last events he was losing to guys like nishioka, hamou, djere or kokkinakis (first three are a bit older, last one is a bit younger)

apparently this nishioka kid has a futures title already, unlike quinzi. beat quintero, m. klein, mina, borvanov, m. arevalo

then in texas 15K futures he made semis after qualifying, beat there mc gee, krueger, christian harrison

this looks probably the best among all discussed players here, though he doesn't seem to be regular, this week lost in futures quallies.

and kyrgios is ahead of them all with challenger title and a semi from this season
If you think Quinzi has big hype here... you don't want to imagine how it is in Italy and among italian tennis fans :p it's ridiculous and massive, believe me! The urge for having a top player in the near future is definitely exciting though so you have to understand, specially considering all the past good juniors/prospects that haven't quite make it yet (and probably never will :eek:) like: Fabbiano, Trevisan, Travaglia(impossible to rule him out yet though), Gaio, etc).

To GQ's credit, he has reached a future final just recently and has some good wins of his own in Riverax2, Barrientos, Struvay, Estevezx2 (not sure if once or twice), Podlipnik, Estrella and he also holds a win in a future against Nishioka. as you can see most of his notable wins come from the south american futures because he splits training between Argentina and USA but he will be playing more in Europe as the season progresses.

#41 ·

^^ Yes, but both Nishioka and Kyrgios are older than Quinzi and Ciorcila. Kyrgios is turning 18 in one month, Nishioka is 5 months older than Quinzi. When it comes to juniors, a few months count a bit, one year counts a bit more, because of growing strength. But we're getting to comparisons again, and like I said, each of them lays his own path. Nick is definitely confirming his talent before his 18th birthday. Quinzi has a bit of time ahead of him, but he must level up. Nishioka may also confirm given a chance. Ciorcila is not even 17 yet.

#42 ·

^^ Yes, but both Nishioka and Kyrgios are older than Quinzi and Ciorcila. Kyrgios is turning 18 in one month, Nishioka is 5 months older than Quinzi. When it comes to juniors, a few months count a bit, one year counts a bit more, because of growing strength. But we're getting to comparisons again, and like I said, each of them lays his own path. Nick is definitely confirming his talent before his 18th birthday. Quinzi has a bit of time ahead of him, but he must level up. Nishioka may also confirm given a chance. Ciorcila is not even 17 yet.
nishioka made his first futures final when he was 16 years 1 month (october 2011) - surely one to add to the watchlist

he beat there 2 no names, obradovic, and a decent guy devilder

lost final to kubler, who seemed promising, but goes nowhere with his career; heard he has some ongoing health problems :facepalm:

#44 ·

italy has always been having good juniors in tennis since i follow junior games :lol: it's not only quinzi, you seem to have some more now, baldi and i think some more :)

well, your tennis is getting better now, plenty of wta ongoing success, also seppi in top 20, fognini with odd run here and there, decent rank, good doubles stuff... prob even better than in sanguinetti times?

#45 ·

italy has always been having good juniors in tennis since i follow junior games :lol: it's not only quinzi, you seem to have some more now, baldi and i think some more :)

well, your tennis is getting better now, plenty of wta ongoing success, also seppi in top 20, fognini with odd run here and there, decent rank, good doubles stuff... prob even better than in sanguinetti times?
I think the biggest hopes due to age/potential are Quinzi and Baldi at this point, Donati and Napolitano could join them too but then there are some a bit older guys (still young) with some potential that could do well like Giannessi(needs to get in shape), Travaglia, Eremin, maybe Cecchinato, and a few more.

Sanguinetti times :p, we are definitely doing much better now! don't get me wrong, Davide was awesome but with Seppi, Fog, Bolelli (at least in doubles for now) I'd say we are in a far better position and in DC QF after so many years!

#49 ·

It's true that this futures had a weak field, but still a futures final for a 16 years old is more than a decent accomplishment.

I've seen Patrick play and followed his recent results but I don't think he is on the "top shelf" of junior players yet. He is still young though, it depends only on him if he will become a top player, if will continue working hard, training hard, be healthy and stay away from bad influences outside the court, because when you're 16 temptations are big. :)

He has every condition to become a big star: his parents are wealthier than the average Romanian(dad is the manager over Transylvania of a chain of banks, mom has a tennis club in Cluj-Napoca which will host Romania F1 Futures in May), and also he has federation support. Patrick is the biggest Romanian talent since Marius Copil, and I really hope he will fullfil his potential.

#53 ·

You know ATP is desperate when you hype guys like this.
MTF knows only the word hype. This is an information thread, meant to let people know about Patrick's progress. The crappiest board there is will always reject information on minor players.

Alright, let's talk about Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all day. Let's make thousands upon thousands of threads with the same redundant information again and again and again...

I am really starting to have enough of this forum.

#54 ·

I urge the Mods to move this thread to the Romania section. Patrick doesn't need any more hate from this section and certainly doesn't need any attention. If he's good in the near future, the attention will be a given (along with the hate). But for now, I think it would be best if the subject stays closed. Thanks and if it's moved and anyone wants to talk ON THE SUBJECT, they are welcome.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.