Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 MTF Popularity Contest voting thread - Thank God is over

103K views 2K replies 186 participants last post by  Hewitt =Legend 
#1 · (Edited)
2010 Popularity Contest - The Voting Thread

How it will work

All voting will be done in this thread. When voting is in progress, you will see the matches to be voted on in this post. You can vote in as many matches as you want, you don't have to vote in all of them. You should post your chosen winner in bold.

There isn't a specified time when voting starts - it starts whenever I publish the new matches. I'll try not to deal with thread locking and all that stuff, but if it's necessary we'll do. To keep it fair, each voting round ends the next day at 8pm GMT (no matter when it started). The title of this thread will reflect on the current voting status.

Rules

1. Vote for posters you like or appreciate

2. People with less than 300 posts or registered less than two weeks ago are not allowed to vote.

3. Votes must be posted in this thread before the deadline of each voting round. Votes by PM are not accepted.

4. In case of a tiebreak, three additional votes will determine the winner. The three votes have to come from posters who haven't voted yet for the particular match. If someone votes at 8:10pm and the votes aren't counted yet and later it turns out that there is a tie in a match then this vote will count as a tiebreak vote.

5. If a person has several MTF accounts, he/she is allowed to vote in this contest only from one account. The organizers reserve the right not to count votes from suspect accounts.

6. Vote changing is not allowed. Deleting your voting post is also not allowed (except if you accidentally pressed submit and delete your post within one minute of posting it). Editing your voting posts is allowed if you do it within 5 minutes of posting (fixing tags etc., not changing any significant info).

7. You can vote only once per round (only one voting post). If you don't vote in a match you can't vote for it later (except in the tiebreak).

8. Please avoid rude comments when you vote, this is not the ACC.

Voting Guidelines

If you don't know both opponents or don't like both of them then it's fine to abstain from voting. However, if you know and like both opponents you should take the hard road and figure out which one you like more The more reasons and comments you write the better :)

As a personal recomandation from this year managers:

Maybe you shouldn't use "coin toss" as a reason because it sucks if someone loses by 1 vote because of this reason, as it happened in the past.
Also giving pity votes may backfire in your favourite losing
and you don't have to vote a big name only because it's a big name - this contest may build the new big names so vote with your heart :hearts:
We heard during the nomination process how people still felt guilty after a whole year about choosing one good friend over another :eek: Maybe it's a good idea not to vote and let decide people with more neutral views on the respective match :)
But of course is entirely up to you :yeah:

Good luck :rocker:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Current Matches***

no more matches :banana:

Please keep this thread for voting only :awww: The commenting bickering, moaning, bribing attempts and backstabbing can continue in the other thread :D

And yes, I shamefully copied Evita's post from last year :eek:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155134

Copying is a compliment too, no? One of the best form even :cool:

See less See more
#1,388 ·
Re: 2010 MTF Popularity Contest voting thread - please read post#2 - QF voting

Any vote here is a stab.. but here goes:

Nathaliia
Wasn't able to vote for her last round, but voted for Betty then in her match. So reversal of voting here. Really like both so the decision came down to the fact that I think Nathii deserves to win this whole thing this year. She's put so much effort into the contest and other tournaments for TT, not to mention her own chat thread and other GM topics that she's started. We're not just talking about one year here; this is 7 years of continued high quality contribution.​

TMJordan
Canada's finest and funniest. It's been a pleasure to have got to know him and anyone who knows and frequents MTF appreciates his qualities.​

ExcaliburII
Running out of time for reasons, but for everything he's helped me with.​
Corey Feldman
For being there from the start. Really tough matchup but I never quite had the chance to tell Mike this contest that he's a valuable, special friend. There it is now.​

#1,389 ·

my votes in bold:

1) Betty vs. (8) Nathaliia
(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan - :hug:
(4) Voo de Mar vs. (5) ExcaliburII - where is my money :shrug: and on top you voted against me for scarecrow and now for yourself :rolleyes:
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows

#1,390 ·

(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan
(4) Voo de Mar vs. (5) ExcaliburII

#1,393 ·

(1) Betty vs. (8) Nathaliia - Amazing woman :hug:
(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan - How can I not vote for her? No one on MTF I would vote for her over!

#1,394 ·

(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan- I don't really know her but I have heard she is great person and poster! :)

Reactions: TMJordan
#1,395 ·

#1,396 ·

(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan - Because she guided me through the London subways :p

#1,397 ·

(1) Betty vs. (8) Nathaliia - Nathii is leading by a lot so the vote goes to the lovely Bettina. :hug:
(55) Dini vs. (36) TMJordan - Jordan deserves to advance. One of the best posters ever. :worship:
(4) Voo de Mar vs. (5) ExcaliburII - Argie power. :rocker2:
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows - 2 of the best posters on MTF but I interact a little bit more with the Lion. Sorry Mikey. :hug:

#1,400 ·

(1) Betty vs. (8) Nathaliia like her more

(4) Voo de Mar vs. (5) ExcaliburII Pablo wants this more, our spirit of peace shall live on

(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows Mikey is a friend, Genci is family

#1,404 ·

Home but I'm a wreck :retard:

I'll go to change to title, etc.... but please do the counting and I'll do it tomorrow night :D

Would you write a nice recap for a tired co-organizer? :awww:

#1,410 ·
Re: 2010 MTF Popularity Contest voting thread - please read post#2 - Semifinals votin

(8) Nathaliia vs. (55) Dini
(5) ExcaliburII vs. (10) Corey Feldman

#1,412 ·
Re: 2010 MTF Popularity Contest voting thread - please read post#2 - Semifinals votin

(8) Nathaliia vs. (55) Dini - Sorry Nathii, known Nadine longer. :worship:
(5) ExcaliburII vs. (10) Corey Feldman - Tough one. Both are cool. :yeah:

Reactions: «Ivan»
#1,413 ·

(8) Nathaliia vs. (55) Dini i remember her thread about her coming to egypt and the mystery of the 4 tennis courts appearing in her pics from the hotel room :lol:
(5) ExcaliburII vs. (10) Corey Feldman the one and only mikey :rocker2::kiss:

#1,415 ·

(8) Nathaliia vs. (55) Dini
(5) ExcaliburII vs. (10) Corey Feldman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.