Mens Tennis Forums banner

Food thread

37K views 468 replies 61 participants last post by  eliananova 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know why but I guess after speaking about food so much today, I thought I'd like to open a thread regarding food.

Here you guys can feel free to post pics of cracking dishes (that you've searched up or made yourself), and/or post a recipe of your signature dish/es. Can also post thing food related such as anything from cooking shows, experiences, nutritional values of certain ingredients, and even some cooking tips :angel:. Feel free to bring up general discussion about food or food-related stuff as well.

I'll start off with this son of a bitch:

Barbecued Chilli Snapper

See less See more
#172 ·
Depends on what region of Spain you're from, they all have different signature dishes, I mean we do eat Paella in Euskadi but it isn't a signature dish like Cod a-la Biscayan or Sukalki are.

What is usual is to have either meat, ham or seafood, with potatoes (not fried but baked, cooked or stewed), lots of vegetables, fruits at times, wine, all made with lots of oilve oil... :)

We eat every part of the animals, I for example love criadillas which are the bull's testicles :)

#160 ·
That's also pretty racist. They eat Miso soup, fish, tofu, and vegetables actually :shrug:.

#162 ·
You would know, racist :angel:.

#163 ·
Standard dinner for a Uni student tonight under the floodlights of heavy duty assignments and tests due in a matter of days :facepalm::sobbing::sobbing:

A good old thin crust pepperoni pizza with pepperoni (obviously), mozzarella, strings of ham, onion, capsicum, jalapenos and chilli flakes. Downed it with 2 light Pure Blondes.

Standard night :drink:.

#165 ·
Tis. I do cook but not tonight. I'm pretty depressed with all this work at the moment, but yeah....

Gaining weight as well which isn't good but.....anyways....shit is crap right now but I'll pull through hopefully.

#167 ·
Goddamn, could really go for a nice iced glass of water right now.

#169 ·
Someones yeah. Don't underestimate the amount of work a student (these days) has to get through in Uni in order to even just barely pass. To do well means at least X 3 more work than usual :facepalm:.

I have snacks now and then, but when my hands are totally full, I try not to let food distract me -- hence I minimize my intake in those situations which is kinda bad. But has to be done sometimes.

#171 ·
I have breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks for sports (made by me), at times I take a hot chocolate in the evening, as a 4th meal around 6pm.

#174 ·
Anyways yet another standard meal. For lunch I had a Malaysian curry chicken with snow peas and coconut rice. Washed it down with a 500ml Lipton Lemon Ice Tea.

Just a small restaurant around Uni that I ordered from. Nothing special. Back to assignments and study I go...

#177 ·
Made some quick and easy salmon in the oven last evening. Seasoned the fillet with salt, black pepper, white pepper and some thyme. Put in in an oven bag with chopped red onions, zucchini and whole cloves of garlic. Was quite nice :yeah:. Protein and fat from the fish and some carbs from the veggies.

#178 ·
Sounds good Lopez. Nothing like a fish in a bag, cooked in it's own juices. Brings out maximum flavor. Quite a healthy alternative as well :yeah:

Anyways just had dinner at this place a bit further away from Melbourne Central. I kept the Malaysian/Indian theme going. Ordered some Malaysian curry with Roti bread as a starter.
For main I ordered 3 things (didn't finish them all obviously):
- Mango chicken Kiev (think it was called that :confused). Sort of weird but it was nice. The chicken breast was filled with a spicy, tangy tomato sauce with Gruyère cheese. Around the plate was this mango reduction which was pretty damn good along with some shredded coriander on top of the chicken and around the plate. Weird, but it was delish
- Butter fish -- pretty much like butter chicken, but obviously not chicken but fish :lol:. It was a nice portion of a basa fillet which was swimming in the layer of sauce.
- Stir-fried Bok choy with ginger and garlic -- self explanatory :lol:

Anyways that's all I had to eat. No desert as I couldn't take much more.

For drinks, I had Corona with a wedge of lemon.

Now on to studying for this financial accounting test which is tomorrow and I haven't even started studying the 5 topics beforehand. Got a few hours. Surely I'm fucked :facepalm: :stupid: :stupid:.

#180 ·
wow you guys prepare your own food? that's great.....i can hardly cook anything......all i know is how to prepare a tea and do the noodles.....i am a mug at cooking curries and other stuff.....

good thread, brotree.....

#181 ·
general brotree, i have read back and checked the pics......wow, just wow, i am salivating at the dishes posted by some posters......i have always been fascinated to know what people from different parts of the world eat......

i will post about indian food once in a while......there's no beginning or end to varieties in indian cuisine, they are infinite......

#182 ·
Starting to cook, it's always just following the recipe i.e. the instructions. As one cooks more, improvising is much easier.

Not saying I'm anywhere close to being good at it, most of my cooking is basic student dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, meatballs, chicken breast with veggies etc. But at least I prepare it myself, many other people just buy it. It's much easier to control your calorie intake (and protein/carb/fat) when you cook yourself.

#183 ·
Much appreciated General Shanks :). I feel the same way, and I hope one day I can share the same experience in the future....that is, if I rack up enough green to hit the airplanes and start traveling around the world...and eat :haha:.

Indian Food is delicious but I think it's really rich for me, so I have it rarely...maybe once every 3 months. I had Malaysian/Indian (sort of) yesterday for dinner (as in my previous post), but I don't think it's as heavily concentrated as straight Indian tucker. Still....can't go past a curry of any sort. But I would like to explore further on Indian sometime in the future for sure.

@Lopez : Pretty much the same as me. I'm not as good as those freaks that are on international TV, but I also do love to follow recipes and also do some experimentation and improvisation of my own - that's if I have time (which I currently do not right now). With experimentation, for one example, I can be intrigued for hours on end trying to create really good tasting sauces for dressings or for marinades.
And you're spot on. Making stuff yourself means you have more control on your own levels of intake...which is one of the things I love most about it. You are in control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.