Mens Tennis Forums banner

Maximo Gonzalez Theard

22K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  Filo V. 
#1 ·
Maximo Gonzalez -- a new clay court champion?

Maximo Gonzalez is probably the most improved player on the challenger circuit -- winning three challengers in a month. With few points to defend into 2008 he should be able to make the top-100 if he remains fit, and make his presence felt in ATP tournaments...

He is 24 years old and seems to be breaking through now.

#3 ·
Re: Maximo Gonzalez -- a new clay court champion?

He is a very powerful player, had the chance to watch him training once, and playin doubles with Roitman at BsAs this year.

If he is mentally fit, he should be able to break the top100 easily.

#4 ·

He is now playing in Brasov Challenger...
He passed first round and his next rival is Manuel JORQUERA

#5 ·

He is a great player, i have seen him playing in many matches. He should break the top 100 but if he break the top 75 will be a joke.

Great season.Go Machi!

#7 ·

another Challenger Title for Machi....:eek: :woohoo: this guy is amazing
he defeated the French Oliver Patience in the final..... :)

he should close the year winning Buenos Aires Challenger (like Cañas last year)... no idea about his chances at Atp Indoor Tournaments Qualifying

#10 ·

another Challenger Title for Machi....:eek: :woohoo: this guy is amazing
he defeated the French Oliver Patience in the final..... :)

he should close the year winning Buenos Aires Challenger (like Cañas last year)... no idea about his chances at Atp Indoor Tournaments Qualifying
Indoor tournaments :haha:
He will be back for to South America soon. Probably he will have a great run in the Petrobras Cup.

#8 ·

Grande Machi

#9 ·

He seems to be taking a long break after his success, hope nothing is wrong. I assume he will return for the better South American clay challengers next month.

#11 ·

Actually he is playing the doubles event at Argentina F18 (10.000 $)...
this tournament is being played at his hometown Tandil, and he is partnering with Diego Junqueira (this guy is playing the singles event too)

he won 1st and Quarterfinals.. and tomorrow play Semifinals against a succesful doubles team at Argentina Futures . Jonathan Gonzalia/Diego Lopez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ym1lFWwc1E (from youtube.com/eltenisquenovemos :yeah:)

#12 ·

Good luck Machi

#13 ·

Two first round losses since his break doesn't look good. :(
Let's hope he finds form again soon.

#15 ·
I open this theard to share with other fans Maximo their experiences and their torneos.The great luck of seeing him play in the Open Valencia making partner Juan Monaco, I charm :)

#16 ·
Muy bien, good job ;)

#18 ·

Argentines Juan Monaco and Maximo Gonzalez defeated American Travis Parrott and Slovak Republic native Filip Polasek 7-5, 7-5, on Saturday in the final of the Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana.

Monaco and Gonzalez, who were finalists in Vina del Mar (l. to Acasuso-Prieto) in February, were appearing in their second ATP final. Gonzalez earned his first career ATP title and Monaco his second with the other coming in Auckland (w/Horna) in January.

Parrott and Polasek were playing together for the first time in an ATP tournament but last month they won back-to-back Challenger titles in Mexico (San Luis Potosi and Leon). Parrott was appearing in his fifth career ATP final (3-2) and Polasek was making his ATP final debut.

"I'm extremely happy for my first ATP title, but as Pico (Monaco) said, even happier for the fact that I've won it with him," said Gonzalez. "In Vina del Mar, we were playing the final and Pico had to retire after twisting his ankle. So I'm happy we had the opportunity to play again together and win the final this time."

Monaco added,"I'm very happy with my second doubles title of the season. To win this title with my good friend Maximo makes it even more special. We have known each other since we were five years old and have been very good friends ever since."

#19 ·

He really had a bad period, but seems to be back now with his first good singles result after a long time, the final in Sanremo.

#22 ·

He qualified for RG.

#26 ·

WOW congrats Maximo!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.