Mens Tennis Forums banner

*.*.*.* Grasscourt Season *.*.*.*

12K views 396 replies 39 participants last post by  Aleksa's Laydee 
#1 ·
Since the entry lists are out... :p

1) Halle
2) Nottingham
3) Wimbledon

Hmm... He has to defend points from his Queen's QF and he chooses to switch to Halle? :scratch:

#2 ·
so he is definitely not going to queens? that is so annoying cos they show queens in the Uk and i bet they wont show halle.

#3 ·
I was So looking forward to seeing him at Queen's. :( This so sucks now I have to travel 2 hours and half to see him at Nottingham. Grr!

#4 ·
Yaaay Im off to nottingham, got a CC ticket, hope he is on the OOP for tuesday :D

#5 ·
damn, he should've stuck to queens

#6 ·
Good luck in all 3 however i am not here to watch all 3 :( and i only live 45 mins from notts!!!!!

#7 · (Edited)
Too bad he chose to play Halle instead. It actually seems to be a better tournament, but I only get coverage of Queen's of those pre-Wimbledon tournaments. But good luck to him!

Hopefully he'll find some form in the surface that gave him his first title. I really want him at least to defend Nottingham and his 4th round in Wimbledon, but I think he'll need a bit of luck with the draw in these bigger tournaments.

Good luck, Richard!

#8 ·
Richie why not Queens :sad:

Ah well il see him at Nottingham and hopefully Wimbledon :D

#10 ·
i think he should've played queen's. oh well

#11 ·
Halle Draw:

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI v Qualifier
Qualifier v GASQUET, Richard FRA
SERRA, Florent FRA v SAFIN, Marat RUS
(WC) WASKE, Alexander GER v (7) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

(4) BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP v (WC) PAVEL, Andrei ROM
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v SODERLING, Robin SWE
SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA v SEPPI, Andreas ITA
SIMON, Gilles FRA v (6) HAAS, Tommy GER

(8) VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL v Qualifier
PHAU, Bjorn GER v MAYER, Florian GER
(WC) KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v (3) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

(5) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE v Qualifier
PASHANSKI, Boris SCG v NOVAK, Jiri CZE
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA v YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS
CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA v (2) KIEFER, Nicolas GER

#12 ·
Well, the first round match could have been worse. However, the possible 2nd round match with Roger (if he plays) :scared:

#16 ·
Richard plays also the Doubles with Kristof Vliegen, the guy who beat him in... Hambourg. First math against Hass/Waske.

Otherwise Richard is already training in grass court located in... Paris !

in l'equipe :
PISTON DIPLOMATIQUE. – C’est presque un secret d’État. Pour aborder la saison sur gazon, Richard Gasquet s’est préparé à Paris sur… gazon. Mais où ? « Je ne le dirai pas », soufflait ces derniers jours son entraîneur Eric Deblicker. Mais comme le seul court vert répertorié dans l’Hexagone se situe à l’ambassade de Grande-Bretagne, on peut en déduire que Gasquet a activé les réseaux diplomatiques pour se faire le pied jardinier.

#19 ·
What the [multiple expletives deleted] is wrong with this draw? Federer, Safin, and Gasquet all in the same quarter? Baghdatis in the same half as them? WTF? :mad:

I don't really want Federer to pull out, but then again... :eek:

#20 ·
I hope Roger withdraws... if not, there's only one thing I have to say about this beautiful draw (and all the rest of the draws this season):

#22 ·
silverwhite said:
I wonder why he didn't choose to play with another Frenchie like Serra, Simon or Clement. :confused:
Maybe they didn't want to be seen with him :bolt:

Thanks for the article, Ronan :)

#23 ·
Sweet4Richard said:
Maybe they didn't want to be seen with him :bolt:
:lol:

This draw is complete shit. :mad: They did this on purpose I tell you. :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Vialator said:
Richard plays also the Doubles with Kristof Vliegen, the guy who beat him in... Hambourg. First math against Hass/Waske.
gosh...i hope roger pulls out...

#26 · (Edited)
Monday 12 June 2006

Stadium (12:00 AM)
Waske vs O.Rochus
N.B 02:00 PM
Nieminen vs Kohlschreiber
Baghdatis vs Pavel
N.B 05:30 PM:
Schuettler vs Soderling

Court 1 (12:00 AM)
Vliegen vs Wawrinka
Pashanski vs Novak
Sanguinetti vs Seppi

Haas/Waske vs Gasquet/Vliegen

Court 2 (04:00 PM)
Kas/Petzschner vs Santoro/Zimonjic

The qualifier is George Bastl. Richard beat him in a challenger in 2003 :
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players... same p?player1=Bastl,+George&player2=gasquet

This year the two players have almost the same run : many first round defeats :ignore:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.