Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Congratulations to bavaria100 and Direnan/mariagsc1

12K views 203 replies 20 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping - Lexington-Fayette​

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches (and sometimes some qualifying draw matches) and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: TT: Lexington (day) Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day, or in special cases until the deadline set by the manager in order to benefit the majority. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to adriancollins@hotmail.com

See less See more
#135 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Wednesday OOP Posted - Post 114

okey doke :)
It will in fact be the bottom half of the draw played tomorrow - so I can post the OOP now - it's great to see newer players offering help and assistance :worship:

Hope that PM I sent you shows you a good way to decide on which match to make the PTS for the future :)

#136 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Wednesday OOP Posted - Post 114

OOP for Thursday

Alex BOGDANOVIC GBR v Benjamin MITCHELL AUS SR1 PTS
Erik CHVOJKA CAN v Austin KRAJICEK USA SR2
Eric QUIGLEY USA v Michael McCLUNE USA SR3
James DUCKWORTH USA v Charles-Antoine BREZAC FRA SR4

Matches count for the second of a two-day quarter final in singles and in doubles
Matches start at 12.30 local time (5.30pm UK Time).
Please send your picks to AdeyC.
Thursday matches take priority in cases of shootout
Good luck :wavey:

Code:
[B][U]EXPLANATION:[/B]

[/U]Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with [U][B]SR[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with [U][B]PTS[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs 6:7 7:6 6:1)
Code:
[CENTER] As is now tradition in my events – just for fun I’ll be handing out a daily Eager Beaver Award each day 
which will go to the first person to send in picks after the OOP is posted – so nine players at all levels
will have a chance of winning something this week. [/CENTER]

#141 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Thursday OOP Posted - Post 136

Hey I think some future TT game managers are in this TT :) Great job :yeah: I'm still having trouble getting my picks right :rolleyes:
It looks like that could be the case :) If anyone is ever thinking of having a try there is a complete 'Idiot Guide' that I wrote on how to Manage a TT Event. I wrote it while I was managing my first event and it covers every step of what to do :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195119

#140 ·

I still don't get how Jones managed to lose that match. He was up 6-4, 2*-0; had a break point (match point included) in almost every single one of Velotti's service games and generally held his serve without too many problems. Incredible. :eek:

#142 ·

Singles Draw

Quarter Finals

01:01 | bavaria100 (GER) vs. (LL) portinzin (BRA) #SRs: 1-1
01:03 | stillreal (ROU) vs. lizzard11120 (AUS) #SRs: 1-1
02:02 | Chris. (AUS) vs. tenistasmex (MEX) #SRs: 2-0
02:01 | (7) Anin (CAN) vs. RNW (SUI) #SRs: 1-1

#143 ·

Doubles Draw

Quarter Finals

03:02 | Eddy DoubleD/Cristy RVD (ROU/ROU) vs. bavaria100/juddy96 (GER/CAN) #SRs: 3-2
03:03 | (4) nicksimioni/Milton (SWE/BRA) vs. Direnan/Mariagsc1 (SWE/BRA) #SRs: 3-3
03:04 | Keech/Anin (CAN/CAN) vs. (3) justafanYYC/Goldmund (CAN/GER) #SRs: 1-2
03:03 | Mae/stillreal (USA/ROU) vs. (2) ibreak4coffee/bandtree (CAN/CAN) #SRs: 2-2

#144 ·

Another day, another terrible picking performane by me. I can't seem to get a read on this tournament at all.

#145 ·

Another day, another terrible picking performane by me. I can't seem to get a read on this tournament at all.
Join the club! I have gotten a better read here than in my last Tournament where I went out in the first Round of both Singles and Doubles. And I think I got a little better read here because the last Tournament was so very bad! Seeding, Rankings, etc. didn't mean anything at all in that TT and they haven't meant much in this one either :rolleyes: I'm ready to go for one Dart board and post players' names on that one and have a second Dart board for scoring and then just start playing Darts on the first board and then play on the 2nd board! :help:

#146 ·

Our opponents are Nick and Milton?

Good Luck, my friends!

#148 ·

Differences

Singles Draw

Quarter Finals

01:01 | bavaria100 (GER) vs. (LL) portinzin (BRA) (SR 1:1) - Same winners; SR Differences: KRAJICEK 2-1 v 2-0
01:03 | stillreal (ROU) vs. lizzard11120 (AUS) (SR 1:1) - BOGDANOVIC, BREZAC vs. MITCHELL, DUCKWORTH SR Differences: BOGDANOVIC 2-0 vs. MITCHELL 2-0, BREZAC 2-0 vs. DUCKWORTH 2-0
02:02 | Chris. (AUS) vs. tenistasmex (MEX) (SR 2:0) - Same winners; SR Differences: MITCHELL 2-0 v 2-1, CHVOJKA 2-0 v 2-1, McCLUNE 2-0 v 2-1
02:01 | (7) Anin (CAN) vs. RNW (SUI) (SR 1:1) - BOGDANOVIC vs. MITCHELL SR Differences: BOGDANOVIC 2-1 vs. MITCHELL 2-0, KRAJICEK 2-0 v 2-1

Picks Count

BOGDANOVIC 4 MITCHELL 4
CHVOJKA 4 KRAJICEK 4
QUIGLEY 0 McCLUNE 8
DUCKWORTH 7 BREZAC 1

#149 ·

Differences

Doubles Draw

Quarter Finals

03:02 | Eddy DoubleD/Cristy RVD (ROU/ROU) vs. bavaria100/juddy96 (GER/CAN) (SR 3:2) - MITCHELL, CHVOJKA vs. BOGDANOVIC, KRAJICEK
03:03 | (4) nicksimioni/Milton (SWE/BRA) vs. Direnan/Mariagsc1 (SWE/BRA) (SR 3:3) - Missing picks from Milton
03:04 | Keech/Anin (CAN/CAN) vs. (3) justafanYYC/Goldmund (CAN/GER) (SR 1:2) - Missing picks from Goldmund
03:03 | Mae/stillreal (USA/ROU) vs. (2) ibreak4coffee/bandtree (CAN/CAN) (SR 2:2) - QUIGLEY vs. McCLUNE

Picks Count

BOGDANOVIC 10 MITCHELL 4
CHVOJKA 12 KRAJICEK 2
QUIGLEY 1 McCLUNE 13
DUCKWORTH 12 BREZAC 2

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][U][B]Eager Beaver Award[/B][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Day Six - RNW
[/CENTER]

#150 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Thursday Diffs Posted - Posts 148 and 149

You might know it would be Quigley! That guy has shocked me unpleasantly this whole Tournament, but now that I want him to come though I'm sure he will shock me unpleasantly again :rolleyes: And you also might know it is the last Match of the day!

#151 ·

You might know it would be Quigley! That guy has shocked me unpleasantly this whole Tournament, but now that I want him to come though I'm sure he will shock me unpleasantly again :rolleyes: And you also might know it is the last Match of the day!
He came through for me yesterday, maybe he'll do the same for you today :D

#153 · (Edited)

Well we definitely have been getting crazy results. And some players do handle windy conditions better than others so I think you have made a good point. And Quigley is a Kentucky Wildcat which might explain why he has been doing so well. This is basically a home Tournament for him. That Live Stream is not bad at all! Wow you can even hear the wind :eek:

#154 ·

Uff, so close...Thanks Chvojka:yeah:

#156 · (Edited)

OOP for Friday

Denis KUDLA USA v Matt REID AUS SR1 PTS
James DUCKWORTH USA v Alex BOGDANOVIC GBR SR2
Agustin VELOTTI ARG v Christian HARRISON USA SR3
Erik CHVOJKA CAN v Eric QUIGLEY USA SR4
Erik CHVOJKA CAN v Michael McCLUNE USA SR4

Matches count for the a one day semi final in singles and in doubles
Matches start at 12.00 local time (5.00pm UK Time)
Please send your picks to AdeyC.
Good luck :wavey:

Code:
[B][U]EXPLANATION:[/B]

[/U]Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with [U][B]SR[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with [U][B]PTS[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs 6:7 7:6 6:1)
Code:
[CENTER] As is now tradition in my events – just for fun I’ll be handing out a daily Eager Beaver Award each day 
which will go to the first person to send in picks after the OOP is posted – so nine players at all levels
will have a chance of winning something this week. [/CENTER]

#157 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #30b - Lexington - Friday OOP Posted - Post 156

I think I should finally have won a match on SR. This has been a very rare occurrence this year. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.