Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread!

220K views 10K replies 104 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
That would be cool to have our own chat thread! Everybody can come here, let's talk about anything!!!

Right now here in Quebec City there is a terrible snow storm, I'm blocked inside because there's way too much snow and the roads are blocked!!! I have to admitt I'm a summer guy... and you??

#10,158 ·
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

You guys certainly remember the Bagel girl Brie Whitehead:p?
Guess what: she won her first round match (second ever career victory) 7-6 in the third set in 50K Carson, before falling... 6-0, 6-0 in her second round match:lol::p Is that a great tournament for her:p?

#10,161 ·

I always love the tournament of Halle, just after RG:)
BTW the women's draw is awesome right now, can't wait for the QFs tomorrow:D! Some men's matches are promising too:yeah:!

#10,162 ·

This past weekend I did camping with my friends, I loved it so much:D! It's so nice once in a while to get completely away from the city and the people, and just be alone in the forest with your friends:) I really had a great time, hopefully we'll do more camping:D! This is my last week in Quebec City, next week I'll go to my cottage like every summer and work again in Tommy Hilfiger as cashier, which is always fun:)

#10,163 ·

Oh camping is great! Would love to do that once again as well, been years ago since I did so!

For a change I've been watching quite some women tennis this tournament and I am surprised I even liked it a lot :lol: (except for Sharapova, I hate her screaming!).
For me the interesting part in men's draw comes, I really wonder how it'll go, how the final will be, who'll win :)

#10,164 ·

Oh camping is great! Would love to do that once again as well, been years ago since I did so!

For a change I've been watching quite some women tennis this tournament and I am surprised I even liked it a lot :lol: (except for Sharapova, I hate her screaming!).
For me the interesting part in men's draw comes, I really wonder how it'll go, how the final will be, who'll win :)
We certainly share the same wish for the result of the men's final:lol:

#10,168 ·

The women's semis were even worse than the quarters:tape:
Ana is the only one who can save the tournament now:scared:...

BTW Good luck to Knowles/Nestor in the finals, wouldn't that be awesome (and ironic) if they could win their 3rd GS title (and last) before separating next week?

#10,169 ·

The women's semis were even worse than the quarters:tape:
Ana is the only one who can save the tournament now:scared:...

BTW Good luck to Knowles/Nestor in the finals, wouldn't that be awesome (and ironic) if they could win their 3rd GS title (and last) before separating next week?
Even at women's tennis we seem to agree :lol: Go Ana!

That would definitely be nice if they could win, but I do not really mind who wins the final.

Wondering how today's SF will go :)

#10,171 ·

Knowles/Nestor play tomorrow, good luck to them:)!
As for the women, GO ANA:D!!!
As for the men, was it really necessary for them to play all those early rounds;)? Everyone knew they would face in the final! Last year I thought Roger would win because he was playing great and Nadal was struggling, this year it's pretty much the opposite, can the result reverse itself as well:)? It would be too awesome to be true:lol:!!! I'm rooting hard for you Fed, GO MAN:yeah:!

#10,174 ·

Knowles/Nestor play tomorrow, good luck to them:)!
As for the women, GO ANA:D!!!
As for the men, was it really necessary for them to play all those early rounds;)? Everyone knew they would face in the final! Last year I thought Roger would win because he was playing great and Nadal was struggling, this year it's pretty much the opposite, can the result reverse itself as well:)? It would be too awesome to be true:lol:!!! I'm rooting hard for you Fed, GO MAN:yeah:!
I really hope so... I wonder how I will react on the news then. When he beat Nadal last time I was at the WTC in Düsseldorf and I almost started screaming, the Germans who heard me thought I was mad I think. But if he would beat him again I really would go mad I think... still hate it I have to miss the final :(

BTW you can check the latest news of Guga, I put 2 new great articles in the articles thread, Guga is still working very hard with Larri and will come back once he feels perfectly athletic and ready to compete with the very best. He still dreams of being among the very best players, and losing in straight sets to Nadal wouldn't satisfy him at all according to Larri, because he's a true champion. He's also very emotional in the fact that already 10 years have passed since his first RG victory, I didn't realize it:eek:! 10 years ago... oh Guga:hug:
10 years already... wow! Means I am already 10 years his fan :eek:

#10,172 ·

BTW you can check the latest news of Guga, I put 2 new great articles in the articles thread, Guga is still working very hard with Larri and will come back once he feels perfectly athletic and ready to compete with the very best. He still dreams of being among the very best players, and losing in straight sets to Nadal wouldn't satisfy him at all according to Larri, because he's a true champion. He's also very emotional in the fact that already 10 years have passed since his first RG victory, I didn't realize it:eek:! 10 years ago... oh Guga:hug:

#10,175 ·
#10,177 ·
#10,176 ·

I am a fan of Guga never because of his looks unlike some of other players I like. But today, he's just GORGEOUS in a suit. I love to see him playing in shorts and shirt but wow, he's just GORGEOUS. :inlove:

#10,180 ·

I am a fan of Guga never because of his looks unlike some of other players I like. But today, he's just GORGEOUS in a suit. I love to see him playing in shorts and shirt but wow, he's just GORGEOUS. :inlove:
Yes, he is gorgeous and bloody hell, the older he gets, the better he looks.
I'm sure that when he'll be 70, he'll have this great wrinkly face from all the smiles... :D

#10,185 ·

I am only just back from Halle, had a great time there. Now I am totally in a Jarkko-mood, he was so sweet! :hearts: I missed the trophy ceremony of RG, I did watch some games of the match at the Halle tourny venue, but left after match was over to watch some live tennis again

#10,191 ·

Hi everyone:wavey:,
I hope you're all having a nice summer:)!
I'm having a lot of fun at my cottage, working almost 40 hours a week (finally making some money;)), meeting some new people at the job (and some hot girls!), and enjoying the extremely beautiful weather we're having here!!! It's been one of the nicest Springs I've ever had, and the summer looks very promising:D! Wimbledon started well for me with Rogi winning and Hingis saving match points (OMG) to win, it was close to a bad bad start I guess:scared:... Hopefully it can end up a lot nicer than the French Open, which ended as a disaster as usual;)...

#10,194 ·

yoooohoooo guuuugaaaahoooliiicccsss! i need some help from lee and seb if they're around :lol:

What do you know of McMaster University? Is it a good place to go to for postgraduate studies?
I think we covered this before. I used to work with someone from McMaster but it's more than 20 years ago. I can check with my niece or nephew if you like to.

#10,196 ·

I know I probably have asked this before hahahaha....would you mind helping me ask? thank you sooo much. I'm actually looking at the graduate programme in health sciences, focusing on health research methodology. :p
I will see if I can find my niece. :lol:

My sister hasn't talked about her for quite sometimes now *sigh* I guess their relationship is a bit *more sigh* since she started Uni.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.