8K views 343 replies 18 participants last post by  J. Corwin 
#1 ·
Sunday, February 15, 2004

1:00pm
(#1) Andy Roddick (USA)
vs.
(3) Mardy Fish (USA)

followed by (after appropriate rest)

(#4) Rick Leach (USA) / Brian Macphie (USA)
vs.
James Blake (USA) / Mardy Fish (USA)

-----

An all-USA day! Go Andy! Go James and Mardy! :bounce:

#327 ·
Re: Re: Sunday OP - finals!

Veronique said:
I didn't have time to report this during the match, but Mardy whined a while afther that overrule. He started questioning all the let calls against him and for Andy. But amazingly, his level of play didn't go down. He would question a let call against him, then follow it up with an ace.
well that's good!!! Andy needs to do that, he can take some lessons from Mardy.

#328 ·

A-ha, I beat star off with the power of my argument... OK, I will cease this redundant debate now.

Old habits die hard for Fish, it's rather funny in a way that Agassi's jerk-like behaviour riled him up yesterday because he is frequently a fine practitioner of the art himself. "Horse-SHIT!!!!", after a bad call against Moya at the AO last year, I particularly remember.

#329 ·
Mardy can whine for sure, but I don't know that he's ever sworn AT one of his opponents, has he? Big difference IMO between saying horseshit about a call and calling your opponent a fucking asshole lol

#330 ·
well I'm feeling much more sane right now. Let's talk about Mighty Ducks, shall we? ;)

#331 ·

No, I'm not trying to compare the two incidents, but whether intentional or not Fish's brattish behaviour can often be very irritating to the opponent. He, of course, has the excuse of the impetuousness of youth, something that "elder statesman" Agassi doesn't.

Ahem, well... I saw it when I was quite young and I don't actually remember anything about it, so if you could fill me in a little? Emilio Estevez, wasn't it?

#332 ·
yep Emilio Estevez and Joshua Jackson was his first big role...

just nice heart-warming movies. I think I was like 10-14 when they all came out and I'm sure that I haven't seen them since but still you can't see 2 without seeing 1 and 3! LOL

#334 ·
FoxSports New England is showing the match on Thursday, and I'm having my parents tape it for me since FoxSports SouthWest is too dumb to show it. Tangy we can work something out again :)

#335 ·
congrats on the dubs title, James and Mardy! Hope you have the same luck next week in Memphis as a team!

#336 ·

bunk18bsb said:
FoxSports New England is showing the match on Thursday, and I'm having my parents tape it for me since FoxSports SouthWest is too dumb to show it. Tangy we can work something out again :)
Deb, I've probably asked you this before, but don't mind me. Where in New England are you from?

#338 ·
Re: Re: Re: Sunday OP - finals!

Veronique said:
Deb, I've probably asked you this before, but don't mind me. Where in New England are you from?
the Boston area, north suburbs. I'm in Houston now though, at school. And in August will be *somewhere* in California for law school :)

#339 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday OP - finals!

bunk18bsb said:
the Boston area, north suburbs. I'm in Houston now though, at school. And in August will be *somewhere* in California for law school :)
I came to the US 15 years to attend Northeastern, so Boston feels pretty much like home to me although I no longer live there.

I had my 1st born in the mid nineties in Woburn, but I mostly lived in the southern suburbs: Norwood, Plainville, Milton before moving to Georgia 5 years ago.

BTW, I've been following 15 yr old Mary Gambale of Billerica. She's a pretty good junior.

#340 ·
oh cool. Home for me is pretty close to Woburn, about 20 minutes away. I like the area a lot more now than I did when I lived there. I guess moving away and living in a horribly boring big city made me appreciate the quaint New England life :)

#341 ·

bunk18bsb said:
oh cool. Home for me is pretty close to Woburn, about 20 minutes away. I like the area a lot more now than I did when I lived there. I guess moving away and living in a horribly boring big city made me appreciate the quaint New England life :)
LOL. I can't say I miss the winter though;-)

#342 ·
yea....... definitely not!!!!!!! I made it to Texas, and it's much better here most of the time... but the ultimate goal is winter-less California!

my mom said it's going to be 13 tonight.... NO THANKS!

#343 ·
totally! the tiebreak especially, even though I was having heart attacks during it!

and hahahah yes Massholes gotta stick together!! :rocker2:

#344 ·
congrats to Andy.

the live tennis experience is posted in the Siebel Open thread in the Andy forum. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.