• It will only be relevant when Rafa wins it

Votes: 10 6.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

~~ GOAT discussions ~~ Vol. 2

256K views 5K replies 456 participants last post by  danny66 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Volume two is here...

If Nadal dethrones Djokovic and ascends to the No1 position this year, that would mean Nadal is the only player from this era who dethroned two all time greats from their No1 position.

#4,649 ·
Re: Can we safely say Federer is the GOAT now?

Well, GOAT for now until yours truly, the Nikola Tesla of MTF, wins the biggest tournament of the year

#4,653 ·

I fail to see how beating Bozoljac, Kukushkin, Golubev, Bolelli, Fognini and Gasquet would have an impact on the GOAT discussion.

#4,656 ·

I fail to see how beating Bozoljac, Kukushkin, Golubev, Bolelli, Fognini and Gasquet would have an impact on the GOAT discussion.
Well his cakewalk draws from 2003-2007 have an impact on the GOAT discussion so I don't see why the above wouldn't :haha:

#4,655 ·

He is the GOAT in vulturing weak era and draw yeh

#4,666 ·

I thought Davis Cup didn't matter to Fed fans. Why even make this thread?

Seriously, the argument that Davis Cup was a blip on Federer's resume never made sense to me. Both Djokovic and Nadal have historically had more help than he did for Davis Cup (Wawrinka's never been as solid as he was this year).

#4,680 ·

I thought Davis Cup didn't matter to Fed fans. Why even make this thread?
It matters to his enemies, who just got poorer.

#4,669 · (Edited)

goat discussion will let other have, however federer proved the theory that if you hang in long enough, you should be able to get the titles you don't have in your collection: FO (nadal's absence) and DC (French team with only one competitively capable player).

#4,672 ·
Again, DC is relevant in relation to his direct rivals for GOATness having won it as well. It's not something you win on your own though, it requires a team effort.
As for the GOAT discussion, suffice it to say that Federer is the greatest natural talent this sport has ever seen on all surfaces but clay. Clay is a different type of beast altogether, that's where Nadal excels. So I'd say Fedal is definitely the GOAT :p

#4,674 ·
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results, DC is simply a small bonus on the resume but nothing that should be weighed with much significance.

If you decide to weigh DC significantly then I guess you might as well weigh doubles results more heavily as well right? In which case the fact that Fed has an Olympic gold in doubles pretty much overshadows a DC win anyway. I'm not a Fed fan but it seems silly to me the way people struggle and reach sometimes to find holes in his resume...

If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.

#4,681 ·
Fraud a GOAT because he finally vultured a David Cup after pulling the most disgraceful farce at the WTF?

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

#4,683 ·
Fraud a GOAT because he finally vultured a David Cup after pulling the most disgraceful farce at the WTF?

Most disgraceful? Not even close.

At worst, Fed pulled a mini-Nadal at 33 years of age

Nadal skips not just a match but half of every season (in order to be fit-n-fresh for the other half)

#4,696 ·
Actually winning the DC will harm Federer s legacy...
... till now his tards could say DC was irrelevant
but now that he has won it - they will try to add this to his resume - no doubt.

and then the comparison with Nadal having several DC vs just one for Fed will come up ...
and Federer will fall short of Nadal by several DCs.

Not sure it was a good move Fed :) LOL

BTW - this is according to a Fedtard's logic - if you wanna argue against it I will happily find the thread !

#4,702 ·
Fedtards who claimed a Davis Cup title doesn't matter, shouldn't matter and won't matter in the GOAT discussion as it's a team title and now are claiming Federer is clearly the GOAT because he won the Davis Cup too are the biggest hipocrytes on the face of the Earth and are embarrassing themselves like never before

#4,704 ·
#4,705 ·
Re: Federer is the greatest and Sampras is the second greatest : Boris Becker

And Boris is third.

#4,706 ·

He is wrong.

It's the other way around.

#4,707 ·

At this point, who even cares? I sure don't. Federer can be the best, Nadal can be the best, hell, Sampras can be the best, I don't even know. In the process of trying to push these guys up as the best of all time, we feel like we have to demean the others, even sometimes demeaning our own guy. "Federer played in TEH WEEK ERA" "DULL'S grinding, pushing game can't be the best!" "WAFA didn't win the WTF". In doing so, we basically disrespect athletes who've risen to the top of their fields, something that I'm sure we could all aspire to emulate.

I'm not saying that everything should be lovey-dovey in sports, I'm not saying that we shouldn't cheer for our faves and against players we dislike, hell, that's all been part of sports since the Roman Empire. To some extent, I'm not even sure why I'm writing this - the Rafa fans will be here imminently to discredit Becker, and then the Fed fans will counter. I just wish that we weren't so insecure about our favorites that we had to tear down all the competition 24/7.

#4,710 ·

At this point, who even cares? I sure don't. Federer can be the best, Nadal can be the best, hell, Sampras can be the best, I don't even know. In the process of trying to push these guys up as the best of all time, we feel like we have to demean the others, even sometimes demeaning our own guy. "Federer played in TEH WEEK ERA" "DULL'S grinding, pushing game can't be the best!" "WAFA didn't win the WTF". In doing so, we basically disrespect athletes who've risen to the top of their fields, something that I'm sure we could all aspire to emulate.

I'm not saying that everything should be lovey-dovey in sports, I'm not saying that we shouldn't cheer for our faves and against players we dislike, hell, that's all been part of sports since the Roman Empire. To some extent, I'm not even sure why I'm writing this - the Rafa fans will be here imminently to discredit Becker, and then the Fed fans will counter. I just wish that we weren't so insecure about our favorites that we had to tear down all the competition 24/7.
Yes if you and your mates just accept Fed as the GOAT like the majority of the tennis world, there would be no fighting. :wavey:

#4,737 ·

Marko Djokovic is fourth.

Djordje Djokovic is fifth.

Marian Vajda is sixth.
McEnroe changes his opinion all the time on the matter but there is no doubt that his favorite player is Rafa.
He called Roger the Goat after Wimbly F 2012.
Also called him GOAT after RG 2009. Mcenroe is the worst fangirl of all. He just follows the hype train.

#4,712 ·

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to monfed again.

#4,719 ·

Who the heck cares... it's just tennis. Not even a real sport to be honest. Rigged draws, shady doping tests, ... Sure, Roger has the best Resume but why waste time arguing over it. Nadal fans think he is the best. Nole fans think he is Jesus from Serbia. Murray fans think Slamray is something more than just a lucky scot. Navratilova thinks Margaret Court is the best. Agassi thinks the current #1 is always the best no matter who it is .. and McEnroe is still debating himself who is the best for he keeps changing his answer.

Reactions: barbadosan
#4,724 ·

Who the heck cares... it's just tennis. Not even a real sport to be honest. Rigged draws, shady doping tests, ... Sure, Roger has the best Resume but why waste time arguing over it. Nadal fans think he is the best. Nole fans think he is Jesus from Serbia. Murray fans think Slamray is something more than just a lucky scot. Navratilova thinks Margaret Court is the best. Agassi thinks the current #1 is always the best no matter who it is .. and McEnroe is still debating himself who is the best for he keeps changing his answer.
:haha:

Gotta do something about those panic attacks bud. Meds not working? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.