Mens Tennis Forums banner

Canadian players

349K views 5K replies 126 participants last post by  Eric LeClair 
#1 ·
If I start talking about Canadian players, will I be alone? Lol. If anyone else wants to talk about them, let me know please!

Dancevic, Niemeyer, Larose, other players not ranked as high in Canada.

#4 ·
SINGLES RANKINGS

Frank Dancevic Niagara Falls, Ontario 190 194 +4
Simon Larose Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec 173 204 +110
Frederic Niemeyer Deauville, Quebec 146 234 +7
Daniel Nestor Toronto, Ontario 43 493 +392
Matt Klinger Toronto, Ontario 27 607 +60
Philip Gubenco Longueuil, Quebec 19 675 +6
Sanjin Sadovich N. Vancouver, British Columbia 15 730 +7
Sébastien Lareau Montreal, Quebec 11 813 -1
Dejan Cvetkovic New Westminster, British Columbia 5 1043 +65
Michal Ciszek LaSalle, Quebec 4 1099 +11

#5 ·
DOUBLES RANKINGS

Daniel Nestor Toronto, Ontario 4005 5 0
Simon Larose Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec 189 241 +124
Frederic Niemeyer Deauville, Quebec 174 256 +147
Frank Dancevic Niagara Falls, Ontario 144 294 +215
Philip Gubenco Longueuil, Quebec 68 516 +4
Michal Ciszek LaSalle, Quebec 34 743 +4
Matt Klinger Toronto, Ontario 26 820 +9
Andrew Nisker London, Ontario 22 867 +5
Dejan Cvetkovic New Westminster, British Columbia 18 932 +6
Sanjin Sadovich N. Vancouver, British Columbia 17 973 -1

#6 ·
Frank Dancevic has been named the next BIG thing in canadian tennis. We hope he can make top 100/50 in the future. He needs to hold down the nerves as he was up against davydenko in tennis masters montreal!

#7 ·
Disappointing year for Knowles/Nestor as a doubles team.

#9 ·
Frank Dancevic :worship:

I first saw Frank play the final of the Granby challenger this year and he is really talented, I think. :D His major weaknesses, typical of young players, are his shot selection and ability to maintain composure on big points. He has a very nice, fluid service motion and an effective return--more ability from the baseline than any other canadian player.

It's great to see him win a big match like this. I can't wait until he qualifies for his first major.:D

Here's a nice pic of Frank's great moment...

http://www.daviscup.org/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_2181_gallery.JPG

#13 ·
CONRATS TO NESTOR! on his win in the doubles mens US OPEN! :clap2:

I found this site for Daniel Nestor and Knowles, if you guys want to know more:
http://4b.isfun.net/

but that's all I've been able to find. Hope you guys find it useful! :)

#15 ·
good point Jexy....
i'll make this thread a part of my "daily rounds" :lol:
Davis Cup is coming up this weekend. Canada plays Romania on clay.
These are the teams:
Canada: larose, dancevic, niemeyer and nestor
Romania: hanescu, pavel, mergea and ionita....

here's the link for more info: http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100005917

#16 ·
Cool Cannuck_chick :) ... at first it may be just me and you... but if we keep the conversation going, other people will come too.

Canada shouldnt have a problem defeating Romania. GO CANADA! Altho I heared good things about Pavel.

You know what? When Master Series was in toronto, i managed to accidentally offend Niemayer *blush*. I was looking for pimpim ( to take a photo), and my friend was sitting with me on a bench where the entrence to restricted area was right by the stadium. So she didnt know who pimpim was, and all she knew was tall and blond,... and then Niemayer waked by... like right by our bench.. so my friend says " is it him?" (meaning pim) and I looked niemayer up and down and said really loud ( mostly cause I'm deaf so I talk louder)..... I said "no! he's too old!"... and then niemayer looked at me like...." I'm too old :confused: :confused: " LOL.. I felt so embaraced that he heared me. hehehe so then when he was playing in the olympics, he had a diary and I wanted to write him an appology by my assiness... (unintentional.. cause he really is older-looking then joachim.. and I didnt mean that he's a senior citizen). SORRY NIEMAYER! I didnt write it tho, cause it was already too late and Olyumpics were over and I figure he wouldnt be reading it. ;)

#17 ·
hey....omg. that's a great story :) (even if u did offend him)....i would have been soo emberassed too :eek: !!! heheh....i wonder if he would have remembered who u were if u wrote him for that olympic diary.....

here's some more DC news:

singles will be:
1. larose vs. pavel
2. dancevic vs. hanescu

doubles:
1. nestor/niemayer vs. mergea/ionita.....

pavel is a good player but i think canada has a good chance to win this. the bad thing is that they are gonna play on clay, which isn't really the best surface for the canadians...

lets hope they pull this off!!!!

GO CANADA :yeah:

#19 ·
OK, here are the DC updates after the first day. It doesn't look too good for Canada:

PAVEL (ROM) def. LAROSE (CAN)
7-5 6-3 6-2
HANESCU (ROM) def. DANCEVIC (CAN)
5-7 6-3 3-6 6-3 6-4

doubles will be played tomorrow, so hopefully Nestor can make something happen!!!!

#20 ·
Canuck_Chick said:
here's a pic of larose and his opponent pavel:
I love the funny look larose is giving to pavel hehehehe... like hes thinking"hey! who're you're touching pal!" hehehe

#21 ·
too bad we were defeated :(.... I guess clay just inst a Canadian thing.... maybe snow? :lol:

Nestor has pretty much perfected doubles,.. so him and Niemayer might get places. It's just that they dont play much together... cause of Knowles. Wish we could just annex Bahamas or something, then Knowles would be Canadian and we could win more things. hehehe [Not to mention Bahamas would be like Canada's Hawaii :p ]

About my Toronto story.. he'd remember.. I pretty much offended the guy... :( I didnt mean it Niemayer! sorry sorry sorry :worship: ... (maybe he'll read this forum?)

#22 ·
awwww :sad: canada and clay are NOT a good mix...hahaha snow's a different story. canadians would kick butt on that :)

:lol: i'm liking the idea of bringing Bahamas over into the canadian mix LOL...mark knowles seems like a cool guy. a little warmer climate wouldn't hurt at all either lol.... :D

hahah....if niemayer is reading this forum...PLEASE POST :lol:...next time he comes in toronto, u should go and apologize hahah...and then ask him for his autograph :haha:

#23 ·
LOL... im an awful appologizer!! He'll think i'm after him and spray me with pepper spray hehehe....

Have you seen the bios for Nestor and Knowles?? They are nearly identical! Same birthday, Both mark (nestor's middle name)... height and weight... long lost twins I swear! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.