Mens Tennis Forums banner

Friday Order of Play & Results

6K views 156 replies 26 participants last post by  cheliste 
#1 ·
A total Center Court day :)

Friday February 21th 2003

Centre Court, 11.00 am
Tomas Cibulec/Pavel Vizner (CZE)-Martin Damm/Cyril Suk(CZE)

not before 13.00 (1:00 pm)
Sjenk Schalken (NED) - Roger Federer (SUI)

not before 15.00 (3:00 pm)
Max Mirnyi (BLR) - Yevgeny Kafelnikov (RUS)

not before 19.30 (7:30 pm)
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) - Raemon Sluiter

not before 21.15 (9:15 pm)
Nicolas Escudé (FRA) - Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)

#12 ·
Best of luck to:

Roger/Sjeng (there can only be a winner from that match for me)
Yevgeny (after he's taken out Safin, Mirnyi should be no trouble)
Raemon (at least one Dutchman in the final would be nice)
Sebastien (although if it were anywhere other than Rotterdam, I'd be supporting Escude for this one...)

#13 ·
Oh by the way Hackie, you seem determined to steal awesome4hand's thunder - haven't you just duplicated the thread that he started below for the Friday results?

#14 ·
Sjengster said:
Sebastien (although if it were anywhere other than Rotterdam, I'd be supporting Escude for this one...) [/B]
why arent u suporting escude coz its rotterdam? shouldn't that be a REASON to support him?! :confused:

#20 ·
Well esther, it's precisely because Escude has won twice in a row in Rotterdam and is, I believe, on a 14-match winning streak here that I want to see a new winner here - Federer, either Dutchman, even Kafelnikov, would make an interesting change.

I like Escude a lot more than Grosjean, but when you consider what happened to Grosjean last year with him having three match points in the final set and not taking them, revenge would be very sweet indeed.

#21 ·
I'm hoping for Ferrero-Grosjean and Schalken-Kafelnikov.

Normally I would go with Roger over Sjeng, but Roger won a title last week and should now spread the joy around a bit.. That and my friend who has decided to desert me all reading week to go to LA, has a big crush on Schalken. So I'm cheering on her behalf ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.