Mens Tennis Forums banner

Saturday order of play

6K views 184 replies 26 participants last post by  TheBoiledEgg 
#1 ·
Center Court start 1:00 PM
T Robredo (ESP) vs (10)L Hewitt (AUS)
(1)Bjorkman/Woodbridge vs Palmer/Vizner
Starting 8:00 PM
(11)A Agassi (USA) vs (2)A Roddick (USA)
(3)Knowles/Nestor vs Mirnyi/Sargsian

#84 ·
Agassi's talent is ageless. It will never rust. He looks leaner and is still moving great. I am glad the hip is ok. Andre does things out there Andy could only dream of. I do think Rogi has passed Andre as the best returner on tour though. Come on Andre keep it up.

#87 ·
Andy has a good return. You don't accomplish what he has done with a poor return but Andre is one of the best returners of all time. Rogi, Andre, Hewitt are the top returners on the tour. I just don't see Andy beating Andre unless Andre falls apart. Andre has to lose this one. I do like that Andre is ripping the magic out of his bag instead of being passive and % like in his tennis.

#89 ·
elroyf said:
Hasn't Roddick broken other decent servers this week?
Well, he broke Mirnyi what, once? He did break Haas couple of times and Tommy is a decent server - or at least used to be. He's got better in his returns but he's still not very good at it, and thats why Fed beats him at leisure.

#91 ·
Andy has a good return? You gotta be kidding. Granted he isn't worst returner in top 100 anymore (like he was 3 years ago) but still perhaps the worst in top 20. Go check out Matchfacts from ATP site, you don't see Andy anywhere in return stats...

#101 ·
Andy is still in the match, but he needs to put pressure on Agassi's second serves...take a swing or something. Make Agassi run, he isn't very fast anymore. Of course Andy can win via tiebreakers, but they're always risky business. One double-fault and *kruiks*...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.