Mens Tennis Forums banner

◄ Grass season 2012 ►onwards and upwards!!!

17K views 195 replies 16 participants last post by  lalaland 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here we are again ~ my favourite part of the season :) :cool:
My strawberries are flowering so it's time to get this thread on the go!!! :D

Gillou will play

Queens 11 - 17 June
Boodles exo 19 - 23 June
Wimbledon 25 June - 8 July
Olympics @ Wimby 28 July - 5 Aug

Allez Gilles!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

See less See more
#32 ·
:lol:, pretty surprising, well done Gilllou :yeah:, @GilleSimonAddict, I agree with you, not having an stream while saying they have one which works is quite a bad move from the Boodles. Hope they fix it.

#36 ·
I guess they canceled Gilles/Wawa match. Play stopped during DelPo/Dolgo's match due to rain, and I can't quite tell if they resume or not, even the Boodles' twitter doesn't work :lol:. Maybe they figure no one cares about the score since it's a exo :p, so they don't bother to update either.

#37 ·
Tough draw in Wimbly :mad:, R1 vs Mathieu ( he has never beated PHM), R2 vs Malisse ( who plays great on grass), R3 vs Verdasco and if he gets to R4 he plays Federer most likely

#40 ·
Yeah, and Paul has had pretty good results at Wimbledon the last couple of times he's played there. Oh well, Gilles is a better player than anyone else in his section if he plays to his capabilities. Plus, even though personally I didn't want Roger and Gilles in the same section, at least he's had success against Roger in the past.

Anyway, Gilles was practicing with Nadal today in the morning and afternoon, hopefully some of his success will rub off on Gilles :p Apparently there was some good-natured trash-talking going on between the two of them as well :lol:

#41 ·
Terrible draw :(

Well, (i'll try and contain my excitement here) looks like i'll be at Wimbledon day 1. Gilles is not on a show court so I will more than likely get to see him play live. FINALLY :D I will cheer him on like crazy. Cannot wait. I'll get pictures hopefully for you guys :)

#42 ·
Schedule for Tomorrow:
Court 18:
Starting at 11.30 AM:
(26) M.Youzhny (RUS) vs D.Young (USA)
P.Henri-Mathieu (FRA) vs (13) G.Simon (FRA)

Allez Gilles :)

#50 ·
A bit weird, I tought PHM was moving well, a pity that his first win over Mathieu was this way :sad:. Anyways, welcome to R2 Gillou!

#54 ·
Paulo said he felt tension on top of the leg even before the match, he thought it would go away when he plays but it didn't, he didn't want to aggravate anything, he's not too worried but he prefers to be cautious (yes, better for him since he's so injury prone).

Gilles played well enough, The first set serve stat is very encouraging, 70% 1st serve. But by 2nd set, 1st serve % has dropped to mid 50%. Well, hopefully, he can keep serving well, cos that's like the most important on grass. It's good that the first match is short and not taxing. On the other hand though, I thought it's better for him to get more play time to get into rhythm. But anyway, we'll see what happen next round, against Malisse. Allez, Gilles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.