Mens Tennis Forums banner

°° Introduce Yourself °° (for Simontards only)

33K views 635 replies 72 participants last post by  The Prince 
#1 · (Edited)
Here you can introduce yourself briefly (or not :lol: )

Hello, I'm ted.

I've been supporting Poussin for two years now, even if I got to know his name in 2006. Only one player is dearer to me, but he's been a ghost for many months now, so you might have forgotten him.

As you can see, I support many ATP players, but also WTA players, and the one I support most has been a ghost for several months now :rolleyes: go figure.

I'm an English teacher, I've lived in the states, but I'm slightly beginning to forget it all, so please pardon me, native speakers, for my mistakes :devil:

I've begun playing tennis at age 6 but I stopped when a teenager. I resumed playing in my early twenties (I'm 26). One more position in my ranking, and I'll be able to play tennis teachers because we'll be in the same draws. I know a little about technique, tactics and mental strength, but not too much :lol:

I help Fran with the translations, like once or twice a semester :lol:

My MTF brother is Raffaele (Gambit) so don't hesitate to diss him, for my personal pleasure :lol:

PS: I also manage a game :lol: (see my signature) wich is a simulation of the ATP and WTA tour :lol: It's based on players answering quizzes, creating articles, getting ranked, bettering their rankings, and so on.. :lol:
If ever you're interested in playing next season (2009) don't hesitate to ask me :p

See less See more
#146 ·
I think he means you're a smooth operator with the ladies like most of the latin men Yavor :lol: (at least that's what I read into it anyway!)

I think that he's drunk............

btw, I'm bulgarian Raf, not russian :eek: /Gosh you're drunk indeed/

#149 ·
Hey Raine, I mentioned it another thread too but my mum is from the Philippines she's been in Brisbane since the 80s but I still have heaps of relatives in Luzon. My godmother (also from the Philippines) lives in Melbourne too! :)

I'll check out Nole's forum now.

#151 ·
So do you understand Tagalog then? :)

My sister played softball and is an assistant coach at a college now. I remember when she was obsessed with Piazza, same as my cousins. I don't really watch professional baseball, it is the little league baseball and softball that I like better, always more drama and more action! I wish I was better about going to see my high school tennis team play. Hey Alli! That's my resolution! Eureka!

This is actually the first season that I'm really watching American Idol. I used to just watch the first couple of days and skip Hollywood week because they always cut the ones I liked (like they just did!!!!) and then catch a couple of the other shows, but I'm watching the whole thing this season. Funny you asked :lol:
Yay for your sister and cousins for liking Piazza as well. Another player I like is Pujols. :)

I'm not sure if you're familiar with these guys but I liked Bo Bice from season 4, Chris Daughtry and Elliot Yamin from season 5, Michael Johns and David from season 7. I was so happy when David Cook won last year, it was the first time a favorite of mine won.
My mom and I skip the auditions and Hollywood week because of too much drama.

So who do you like so far in season 8, please don't tell me it's Tatiana. I find her so annoying:eek:.

Last year was the first time I got so invested in AI that I even joined idolforums.com up to now, I post in Cook and Michael Johns' forum. :lol:

#153 ·
Hi all,
I'm 26, name is Alexandre, and haven't ever played much tennis, but always enjoyed following it from the times of Muster, Agassi et al. I'm quite chauvinistic so mainly support the Frenchies (quite fortunate cause these are great times for French tennis).
I like Simon because he's a straightforward guy, quite witty, talkative, "chambreur", natural and so not full of himself, opinionated, respectful towards opponents, quietly ambitious, bright-eyed, smiles on court, and just popped out of nowhere despite his lanky physique and beat all the top contenders in 2008.

Go Poussin!

#155 ·
You look cool Sam! Funnily enough, you look kind of how I expected you to look. Don't ask me WHY because I couldn't tell you :lol: It is good to put a face to the name. I'll go see if I can find a pic of me and I'll post it here too

#158 ·
Hope I don't disappoint you Sam ;) I know I look fairly young in them. I do look really young for my age which is a blessing in some ways and a nuisance in others

#160 ·
No I wasn't :lol: I was at a dinner dance! Would it have worked if I was do you reckon ;) Yeah my name is really Eimear ... I'm taking it yours is Sam?

#162 ·
So I'll call you Samuel then :devil: Just kidding, Sam it is! Yeah it was a fun night ... what I remember of it :lol: Lots of alcohol was consumed if I remember rightly. Yeah I like to dress up when I go out because I wear sporty clothes normally so its fun to dress up a bit, do the hair and make-up and stuff every once in a while!

#164 ·
Yup me too. Going out is something of a rarity for me these days too! I'm out of work recovering from an op on my knee so my earnings aren't what they used to be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.