Mens Tennis Forums banner

°° Introduce Yourself °° (for Simontards only)

33K views 635 replies 72 participants last post by  The Prince 
#1 · (Edited)
Here you can introduce yourself briefly (or not :lol: )

Hello, I'm ted.

I've been supporting Poussin for two years now, even if I got to know his name in 2006. Only one player is dearer to me, but he's been a ghost for many months now, so you might have forgotten him.

As you can see, I support many ATP players, but also WTA players, and the one I support most has been a ghost for several months now :rolleyes: go figure.

I'm an English teacher, I've lived in the states, but I'm slightly beginning to forget it all, so please pardon me, native speakers, for my mistakes :devil:

I've begun playing tennis at age 6 but I stopped when a teenager. I resumed playing in my early twenties (I'm 26). One more position in my ranking, and I'll be able to play tennis teachers because we'll be in the same draws. I know a little about technique, tactics and mental strength, but not too much :lol:

I help Fran with the translations, like once or twice a semester :lol:

My MTF brother is Raffaele (Gambit) so don't hesitate to diss him, for my personal pleasure :lol:

PS: I also manage a game :lol: (see my signature) wich is a simulation of the ATP and WTA tour :lol: It's based on players answering quizzes, creating articles, getting ranked, bettering their rankings, and so on.. :lol:
If ever you're interested in playing next season (2009) don't hesitate to ask me :p

See less See more
#610 ·
You were never going to take me out on a date, and I just couldn't do that to Yavor anyway :lol:
hands down from Ted:p he's mine:rolls:

:haha:

We had plans to do London next time round and then you dumped me for Denaon and Scoobs. Typical man :p
bad boy Ted:smash:

:lol:

#616 ·
Hello! I hope this is the right place to introduce myself. Still getting used to this forum :)

I'm a 17 year old girl and my favourite player is Gilles Simon! I first saw him play when i was at Wimbledon, 2009 (4th round loss to Ferrero). I have to say it was his looks that first attracted me to watching his games but i also adore the way he plays, it's not all about a big serve, and he's a little fighter :)

I'm so happy i found this place because i spent ages looking for a fan page or something similar. I can't wait to find out more about him :) I havn't seen him play that much as i've only been a fan for about a year and i know he was injured and dropped down the rankings.

Other players I support include Roddick, Hewitt, Soderling, Berdych and Mahut.

When i started cheering for Simon over Roddick i knew where my loyalties now lie :p

Also, i have a few questions! :p Don't laugh, i'm new :)

1. What does this translate to - Le Poulailler de Poussin
2.Whats a SimonTard?

x

Reactions: lalaland
#617 ·
1. What does this translate to - Le Poulailler de Poussin
2.Whats a SimonTard?

x
:wavey:

to answer your questions,
Le Poulailler de Poussin...Poussin is his nickname when he was young, Poulailler means henhouse, so it's the henhouse of Poussin, which pretty much means it's his fans gathering place.
SimonTard...well, "tard" on this board means diehard fans of certain player. So there's Fedtard, Rafatard, and there's Simontard.

#619 ·
Hi i`m a big fan of Gillou and i`ve been reading this thread for 2 or 3 months and finally i decided to register.I started supporting Gillou when he defeated Djokovic in Marseille. I saw him live on Madrid SF

#620 · (Edited)
Hello..
I'm Heba, 21 year old girl, and my absolute favorite player is Gilles, no doubt.. :)
I didn't heard of him until he defeated Federer in Toronto 2008, and I was like

"who is this kid? beating Roger?!!" :eek: :eek: :confused:

his name stuck in my mind..
after that, I watched a match for him with Blake in a masters, which he lost (of course I realized then how adorable he is, but I wasn't a supporter yet)
THEN.. the masters of Madrid, and the epic match with Nadal (the best match I've ever seen) :D
after that.. I become officially a die hard Simon fan (or Simontard) :wavey:
his movements are very smooth, and he is very fast in covering all the ground, putting in a wonderful winners..
I'm also fan of Federer and Nole, and Gilles record with Federer is Fantastic (2 - 0), it makes me proud of him
and I'm so happy to find this website
Peace..

#630 ·
Hye, I love poussin because he was surprising me last 3 years and he's often interesting to hear in interview. I prefere to see riri playing ; but I love this french team even the older. I'm here for them, and the littel gianni mina baby who's not playing so well actually !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.