Mens Tennis Forums banner

Final: Roger v. Carlos

3K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Doris Loeffel 
#1 ·
Interesting:
These two have only met twice, indoors, and not in the last year.

1999-02-01 Marseille Indoor Hardcourt R32 Federer (SUI) 7-6(1) 3-6 6-3
2002-10-07 Vienna Indoor Hardcourt SF Federer (SUI) 6-2 6-3

If stats hold, this will be a straight slaughter by Roger :eek:

#4 ·
I hope its a nice long 5 setter with Roger winning. I do love Moya. I met him at the Miami Masters. He was very nice and all these women wanted their pictures taken with him. I wish I could have met him again near his final. I would have told him not to respect Andre. Probably would have won it.

#5 ·
great moyke, he is the best!!! Is it really a five setter? I hope it will be a beautifull match. Will you give us again the references so we can follow the match live with real player? Please... thanks very much. Where can we find those references for the matches? It is the first time i work with real player , so not much experiences!!!!

#8 ·
Re: Re: Final: Roger v. Carlos

Selling Moya a little short, aren't you TBE? He was only a set away from winning the year-end Championships in Hannover five years ago, so he's obviously got ability indoors and he's been playing well this week. Admittedly Henman helped him by playing like shit at the crucial moments today, judging by the fact that he had huge chances to win both sets, but when you have the top two seeds facing off in a best of five final the chances are it'll be a great match. Which is not to say I hope it is, I would be quite happy if Federer rolled over him like he did in the semis last year, but I can't see that happening somehow...

#9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Final: Roger v. Carlos

maybe a little but Roger indoors will win 9/10
Carlos has to serve good to have a chance and not like yesterday where he didnt find a 1st serve until his 3rd game.
Roger isn't gonna flap his FH like Henman.

good thing is that both these will have a Wednesday start in Madrid having a BYE in 1st rd
all 16 seeds get byes.

#11 ·
Can't wait for the results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.