Kiefer - Peya

Qualifier - Spadea
Moya - Gonzalez

==================
Tough one for Carlos Moya I think ...

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Re: Main draw

Aaarrghh, Henman v Schalken in the second round! I want them both to do well, but Henman will be the favourite there and he does need the wins more than Schalken at the moment.... either way, hope the winner of that one goes far, and they have a good chance of making it to the final - I'd fancy either of them against Moya on indoor carpet. Good draw for Federer too, dangerous opponents like Blake, Novak and Mirnyi but they're certainly all beatable.

#6 ·

Where's the big surprise, TBE? I knew they were at least 1-1 indoors, because I saw Henman beating Moya in Basel in 2001 and I knew Moya beat him 7-5 in the third at the year-end Championships in 1998. Fine, so they're 2-2 - I'd still fancy Henman's chances at a tournament like Vienna, which he has won in the past (demolishing Haas in the final). The guy took a set off Ferrero at RG this year, which was more than Mantilla or Costa could manage. And Schalken has beaten Moya twice on clay, so I'm fairly confident in his ability to take him out indoors.

#7 ·
I think I'd be surprised if Moya gets far enough to play Henman. Nothing against Carlos, but he's not really had a good year, and Gonzalez first up (and coming off a final appearance or even a win in Metz) is going to be a high hurdle.

Of course, Henman might not that far either...but he seems to be feeling and playing well (with no shoulder problems), which sounds very promising. Now, I suppose it would be dangerous of me to hope for a Federer v Henman final, wouldn't it? Especially as it won't be live on Eurosport in the UK :( ...

#8 ·
Good points Sjengster

#9 · (Edited)
Sargsian is coming "hot" from the final in Moscow.
He could get to the semifinal or even further.
If Moya survives the first round against Gonzales, which I doubt, He will lose to Spadea in the 2nd.
I don't see anyone in the top half that should be a problem for Federer. In fact, I don't see anyone in the entire draw.

#16 ·
azza :bigwave:

#22 ·
Good luck to Kucera, López, Gambill, Schalken, Bjorkman, Robredo and Moyà

#23 ·

Good luck to:
Jiri
Sjeng
Jan-Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.