Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fringe (TV Series)

3K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  Hewitt =Legend 
#1 ·
Anyone watch Fringe here. Made by the same guy that created Lost so if you liked lost then Fringe is right up your alley. Just caught up with the states up to season 3, it keeps getting better!

#4 ·
Yeah I hadn't heard of it until a couple of months ago when I stumbled across it on the net. I think the first season aired here in Oz but the show got cancelled because of poor ratings. I'd rate it better than Lost though, stuff actually happens in every episode!

#5 ·
Have been watching since season 1. Fantastic underrated show, season 3 is mind-blowing so far.

Season 1 and most of season 2 is episodic, the story arc kind of only got moving towards the end of season 2.

The story arc is insanely brilliant and yes, questions do actually get answered.
Their episodic adventures are pretty enjoyable too (with the exception of the musical episode :eek:)

In all a must-watch if you're a sci-fi fan/serialised TV fan.
Too bad most of the tv viewers these days only watch sitcoms and procedural dramas.

#6 ·
What was that random episode in season 2? The one where Charlie was alive again.

Totally agreed though the storyline is absolutely brilliant and very creative. The acting is tremendous as well, especially as they have to portray their alternate selves. Walter is the best in my opinion.

#7 ·
That one was actually an unaired episode from season 1 supposedly part of the story arc (though I don't notice how they were linked :lol:)

I love the new characters in season 3 now though, especially Lincoln Lee (Seth Gabel)

#8 ·
I've been following this series since its start. The only series I follow actually. I like it very much, very well thought and developed. The only thing I don't like is Ana Torve's acting but it is not something that will turn me off of the show.
orangehat, what new characters in season 3? Besides the one you mentioned there are not any. I liked the taxi driver in episode 1 and too bad he was only in that one episode. Why did they kill Newton I was huge fan of his.
Another thing I have to mention is that they stole the idea about the Observers from Odyssey 5, not only the idea but everything about the Observers is a direct copy 1:1. Really disappointing.
Overall a good series and I recommend it to anyone who likes sci fi.

#11 ·
Possible spoiler for those who haven't seen season 3 > Amy Madigan (Olivia's mum over there) is supposed to be a minor-to-major recurring character , and yes of course Andre Royo from The Wire as the cab driver.

They do indeed have a problem with killing off their bad guys way too quickly, David Robert Jones in season 1 now Newton

Well not necessarily new per se but I consider the alternate versions of the characters to be sort of new haha.

Yeah I had no idea what was going on there. Thanks for that. Maybe it was part of the writer's strike or something and they had to air a random episode for that week. I wonder what Lincoln's back story is as we havn't seen him in our universe yet, I bet it will be important. I actually thought that Lincoln and Nick Laine were the same person at first until I checked and saw that they were different actors. They look so similar!

Does anyone think that the people being alive in the amber will be important in relation to the entire plot of the show? Like maybe someone they need is stuck in there or Walter might try and find a solution to cure it because he feels bad about what happened to the other side after he took Peter.
That was EXACTLY what I thought too! :lol:
I think there are too many theories and I don't want to spend my time thinking about them, I'm not really that devoted a TV fan, I just like to sit back and go where the writers take me go :lol: I'm lazy :p

Btw you guys are leaving wayyyyyy too many spoilers around for those who haven't seen it :lol:

#12 ·
I can't believe I missed this thread. Damn good TV series. One of my current favourites along with Dexter.

#13 ·
Very interesting last episode :)
I find it a bit weird that Peter - a top class conman couldn't recognize B*Olivia. Will he be able to convert her?
Henry the taxi driver will be back next episode :bigclap:

#15 ·
Very interesting last episode :)
I find it a bit weird that Peter - a top class conman couldn't recognize B*Olivia. Will he be able to convert her?
Henry the taxi driver will be back next episode :bigclap:
Brilliant loved that guy :)

I wonder how she'll get home considering she needed the others help to get there in the first place? Maybe Walter tested on Henry as well :p

#14 ·
I've been following it since Episode 1. I was a big fan of The X-Files and Lost, so I naturally gravitated towards this series. The start of season one was pretty boring, though it became more interesting towards the end. My favorite scene has to have been the end of season one with the cool alternate universe (t towers, zeppelins) and Mr. Spock himself.

SPOILERS

The cab driver will be back in this week's episode (I think I saw him in the preview). My guess is he'll help Olivia get back home.

Her dad will be appearing soon too.

#16 ·
Seth Gabel and Kirk Acevedo back on this week :lol:

I find it ridiculous that Peter hasn't realised :eek:

#18 · (Edited)
Unfortunately ratings for Fringe are low and I fear Fox (and Fox is known for not being too patient with low-ratings shows) may cancel it though this is the best series in this time slot on Thursday. But it competes with CSI and Grey's Anatomy - both series don't require too much thinking and are so easy to follow.

#19 ·
Blame it on fox, fringe is its best hope of betting decent ratings (apart from bones) on thursdays and it just forces it there. Maybe it's time they developed another procedural so they can put it on with bones on thursday. Procedurals clog up the thursdays anyway.

#21 ·
Prison Break got what it deserved as it was all downhill for it after season 1. Fringe is completely different story.
The Abducted was great :bigclap: I liked Olivia so much. And Henry is back though for few minutes only.
If they cancel Fringe now when the series is at its peak I'll start hating on Fox with a passion, I am serious. The show is so well paced and is getting better and better with each episode.
If now Peter with his IQ of 190 still doesn't realize what is going on I'll start questioning writers' sanity.
Do you think there will be a new episode next Thursday or they will make another mini-hiatus due to Thanksgiving Day?

#24 ·
I loved "The Abducted" too! The trailer/sneak peek for the next episode looks good as well.

Fringe will be back December 2 (ep #8), followed by another new episode on the 9th (#9).

Barring any changes to the primetime schedule they released, a new episode (#10) should be aired on December 30.

#26 ·
Fringe moved to Fridays mid-season.

Wonder if that's a good thing.

The episode was insanely good :rocker2:

#28 ·
Wow what a cliffhanger to leave it on, wonder how Peter is gonna go about revealing Fake Olivia's true identity.

This show better not get cancelled - question for the Americans - is it going along the same lines as flashfoward in terms of poor ratings and the network wanting to cut it off?

#32 ·
Moving Fringe to Friday=death sentence :awww: I really hate Fox.

FF was doing better than Fringe. I remember when it returned with 2 episodes after the hiatus it scored something like 6.5 million viewers. But I think by then they have already decided it will go after season 1. There were many problems with FF. The original showrunners one by one have left the show long before it ended. I haven't read there are any problems like that with Fringe.
Lie to me was doing pretty bad last year (2.7-3 million viewers) but Fox still ordered another season. Now it is not doing much better than Fringe but they still keep it on Monday.

Fox Picks Up Christian Slater Sitcom ( :cuckoo: )

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni5636279/

#29 ·
Most people apparently don't think it's a good thing moving it to Fridays.

Don't understand why they can't leave it on Mondays or Tuesdays. None of my shows ever get played on Mon/Tue/Wed they always get clogged onto Thurs/Fri

#30 ·
I wouldn't think Friday's would be the best spot to move it if they want to achieve better ratings but then again I know nothing Of the American television schedules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.