Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #91
country flag Fargif

Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I don't think you're getting my question. Perhaps I can illustrate by an example or two:

Youzhny announces 1PM he will not play due to illness. Deadline for picks is 3PM. Is a pick of Youzhny's opponent made 2PM a legal pick? Is a pick of Youzhny's opponent made before 1PM a legal pick? What do you think?

Youzhny cannot play due to illness. There is speculation on the forum about this before the deadline but noone knows exactly when the news broke. Deadline for suicide picks are one hour behind the beginning of these speculations but ahead of the official confirmation that he will not play. Is Youzhny's opponent a legal pick now?
This is a completly diferent scenario and problem. Because both of them will eliminate anyone who picks both? So its legal in someway. But just like if i pick a player who isnt playing that day, you or anyone whos in that thread will ussually warn us that he isnt playing.

But to asnwer your question Picking Youzhyn before or after 1pm is a legal pick, and it lies on the picker to make sure he is playing. Thats not what happen and not why im making such a fuzz.

My problem is ( in this case scenario ) who ever pick his opponent( youzhny´s) doesnt get credit for him advancing. But managers playing next round can pick him because he is eligble ( if they havent used him before.

Lilotes i think i asnwered you this time do you at least undestrand my point or my problem?

If i picked the russian and didnt know or could change my pick before 3pm then its on me and no problem, but picking his opponent and he goes to next round that is my problem.
Fargif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #92
country flag purtov45

purtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to participate in discussion of rules-2015.
I can not understand, where the object of discussion is located.
Where (in what post) to read rules-2014?
Who in board now?
Who is the president of board?
PAW: #94(15 nov 2010) --> #71(7 feb 2011)
purtov45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #93
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov45 View Post
I would like to participate in discussion of rules-2015.
I can not understand, where the object of discussion is located.
Where (in what post) to read rules-2014?
Who in board now?
Who is the president of board?
I don't know of any rule thread, game is pretty simple, rules are basically given in this model tread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155402

Anything we change would probably be implemented in this model thread rather than creating a rules thread. Though, I guess we could make a rules thread also. I'll look into the possibility and discuss it with the rest of the board.

We haven't really had rule reviews like in TT. That does not mean we couldn't have one, sounds like a good suggestion to me. If you have suggestions for rule changes you can submit them whenever you want to.

The board:
156mphserve
rvugt
CoolyBri
dinkulpus
Litotes

We have no president.
vBookie net amount won: 9335 (2014: +2640, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 176, TT doubles rank 146.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board

Last edited by Litotes : 04-07-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #94
country flag purtov45

purtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes
I don't know of any rule thread, game is pretty simple, rules are basically given in this model tread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155402
It is a part of rules which is sent in thread of each tournament.
I suggest to add the following after paragraph 7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetspot View Post
PROPOSED RULE:
Never edit your pick. If you change your mind, you must first "quote" your original pick in a new post and enter your new pick there.
It is necessary to have full rules also.
Quote:
We have no president.
Well without the president! Nobody is responsible.
PAW: #94(15 nov 2010) --> #71(7 feb 2011)
purtov45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #95
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

The proposed rule makes a lot of sense and is uncontroversial, I will add it to the model thread. As for the rule thread I will discuss that with my fellow board members, just on a slightly more quiet day (for me)
vBookie net amount won: 9335 (2014: +2640, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 176, TT doubles rank 146.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote