West Covina, California
Birthday: July 04 1996

USOPEN QUALIFYING SINGLES DRAW

Facundo Bagnis (ARG) [4]
VS
Ernesto Escobedo (USA)

one more away from his first Slam Main Draw

#4 ·
Unfortunate about the shoulder, hope it is not serious. But good news, he will break into top 500 for 1st time when new ranking comes out.

Volandri Fan @VolandriFan · 5h

Bagnis defeated Escobedo 7-6(3) 6-1. Ernesto struggled with shoulder issues. Served for the first set. Experience made the difference.

From a while back.
http://www.athleticdna.com/Ernesto-Escobedo
Ernesto signed with ADNA when he went pro in 2014 and became the first ADNA pro who was a member of the ADNA Select Program as a junior.

Birthday: July 4, 1996
Residence: West Covina, California
Career Prize Money: $4,824
Career High Ranking: 693 (2013)

"It has always been a goal of ADNA to have the players that grow up with the brand remain with it as they go on to the ATP Tour,” said Evan Zeder, Vice President of Tennis. “Ernesto and his family have been loyal to ADNA for years now, and the work ADNA has put in with the junior players will continue to evolve with our professional players. When I found out Ernesto had made the decision to go pro, I wanted to make our relationship continue so we can support his efforts to rise in the rankings. With his work ethic, talent, and commitment to getting to the top, we are looking forward to watching his success in the upcoming years.”

As a 17 year old, Escobedo has already had a career high of 693 on the ATP World Rankings. He is the number 2 ranked American in the ATP World Rankings under the age of 18. In 2013, he made the finals of 2 Futures Pro Circuit events (USA F24 & MEX F19). He currently has a 17-10 record on the Futures Circuit.

Escobedo has been one of the top juniors in the United States throughout his junior career. In 2011 and 2012, he was ranked as the #1 boy in his class by Tennis Recruiting Network’s TennisRPI. He claimed one United States Tennis Association Gold Ball when he won the 2011 Easter Bowl 14s.

#6 ·
Hope he is fine

#20 ·
Words out that he is meeting with Vince Spadea about player/coaching partnerships. Would be huge if he can land him. I hope this materializes, he has so much potential. A good coach is crucial for development. Dent has done a lot to help Jared so I think a former proven pro like Spadea can do the same for Ernesto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.