Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

159K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#1,194 ·
Raquel -- The good part is that you are getting a degree in an area where you will gain skills to have employment somewhere. That's why I don't want you to specialize in psychiatry. I want you to have a skill that is not so dependent on language and culture. And even though you think you don't want to go through the horrible process of getting licensed in another country, that is still a better prospect than not having a job.

As for the government not doing much for you, you should live in the U.S. where the government does practically nothing for anybody. At least you are able to get a fine education at little cost. That doesn't happen here.

#1,195 ·
He did it! I still can't believe it. I lost faith during the 2nd set, I really thought it was over. I am not the best fan, but I am so happy now. :bounce: :D

and I just came from the charity thing, I gave money for a cause and I had gym classes. I took two, so I am feeling tired but powerful. :lol:

#1,198 ·
LEE!!!! See? me betting on Nole WORKED!!!! My vbets are luck :D.

But now I have all this vmoney I don't want, and that I promised to give away. What should I do? There are no good vcauses, are there?

Just grab some clothes and put them inside a bag. easy :D thanks George :hug:

#1,207 ·
I did that for a while, then I realised that I would actually need to sort things out so it would fit comfortably! :lol: :D

Just grab some clothes and put them inside a bag. easy :D thanks George :hug:
Did it in the end. Not as straightforward as that, but not too difficult either. ;)

Enough underwear and socks for each day. Belts. Couple slacks. Belt Couple pullovers (or jumpers as you strangely call them) Jacket. Shaving kit. deoderant. Toothbrush and paste.

roll the pullovers, underwear and socks. hang or fold slacks flat.

Done and dusted.

It's so easy to pack for a man.
The difficult bit is actually motivating myself to start the task in the first place. Also, all the folding of clothes is such a bore. Generally I like to just chuck all may clothes in without taking the time to fold them. :lol:

This x10. We need to choose shoes... how do we even choose shoes. And accept the fact that we are only taking one purse. Plus think about makeover and other beauty stuff that I am still not sure it actually makes us more beautiful. Plus bras, they occupy space and have weird forms, so it's hard packing them in the right space.
:zzz:

#1,203 ·
:lol: I have given you my opinion on the matter. :lol:

It makes me sad though, they just go in there to make us feel less happy, less satisfied about a win or a record. I don't like Roger, but I don't go to his threads just to piss his fans and makes his achievements seem less relevant. It's just very mean an immature, makes me sad.

#1,212 ·
When they have only ONE exit, it makes it so much more dangerous. I know they do that so people can't sneak in, but still there need to be break away doors. Also sprinklers would be nice.

I feel so bad for the parents of those young people. Their whole families. It's not easy to lose a sibling either.

#1,213 ·
It's just awful. But you know even if they had more than one exit, it could still happen. The chaos is terrible and it drives people crazy and they can't think properly. :( sprinklers though... I wonder if that is a requirement here in Portugal.. it should be.

#1,214 ·
Yes. Fire in a crowded place is always dreadful. And then in a disco people have been drinking and aren't at their best anyway.

I know that dropping and crawling is the best thing to do, but I wonder about that technique in a crowd of people who are stampeding to a single door.

Really unless you are one of the first ones out, there is not much hope.

#1,215 ·
There was this club/pub in Budapest, where all the ERASMUS students would go once a week on wednesdays. Nothing special really, the only special thing about it is that all the foreign students studying in Budapest for a year would go there, so it would feel familiar, talking to people in the same circumstances, sometimes even meeting people from your own country, etc.... It was like a basement.

One day I was looking around, and I realized, if there was a fire in that place, pretty much nobody would make it out of there, really, only one way out and you had to go up a narrow staircase, the walls were covered in wood. I didn't stop going there, but needless to say I was always worried.

#1,216 ·
A table near the stairs!

Life is so dreadfully random. If we started looking at all the dangers, we would be paralyzed.

In Austin one time a car crashed into the living room of a house. The funny thing is that the house was a place were people with agoraphobia sometimes met for group sessions. :D

I just drove 2500 miles. Nothing happened, but there were some scary places where things might have happened. People drive like banshees between Austin and Houston. It's about 80 all the way and people are pushing to get ahead all the time. It's crazy really because is getting someplace 15 minutes faster really worth all the risk and stress?

#1,217 ·
It's all very random. But it can be very, very hard to accept. But it all comes down to the undeniable fact that we tend to ignore because it's so hard to accept: luck plays a huge part in one's life. :(

Now, what kind of recipes can I make with oatmeal? It's not very common here. I bought for breakfast, I eat it with yogurt and fruit. But now I am getting creative and I want to cook something with it, but what?

#1,230 ·
George we can all do it. All 3 and whoever wants to join. :D

Well, I went to that portuguese website, but I couldn´t open the file, so a download was the only option I had left.

What are you, my virtual conscience :p? But no, you are right, I should go and study. Or just go to bed, one of the two. Although I am not all that sure I will have cause to celebrate on Wednesday, the subject has been giving me some trouble. The subject is administrative law (permits, spatial developmental plans etc.)

EDIT: Let´s say 7PM your time (which would mean 8PM for me) Can you two make that?
Next wednesday? I certainly can. :) And if you won't have reasons to celebrate, you will need something to get you distracted. Now go get some rest so that you're fresh to study tomorrow!

#1,225 ·
This Wednesday. Can´t seem to focus for it though :(

Meanwhile, the film is downloading at a snail´s pace

EDIT: Why don´t you join us George (I can call you that, no?)? The more the merrier. Thank you for that PM by the way, if you ever go to Holland I´ll be glad to return the favour.

#1,227 ·
EDIT: Why don´t you join us George (I can call you that, no?)? The more the merrier. Thank you for that PM by the way, if you ever go to Holland I´ll be glad to return the favour.
Of course you can call me that. :)

It's a tempting offer as I'm yet to see the film, but I understand you're going to do it after your exam? What time would you do it on Wednesday? :shrug:

My pleasure with regards to the PM. If I return to Holland and need some tips, I'll be sure to call on you then. :cool:

#1,226 ·
Have you learned anything with me? we can watch it online on that portuguese website. But we won't because you have to study.

I have a better idea, we'll watch it on wednesday after your exam. To celebrate :cheerleader: This way you can download it and I'll probably do the same to get a better version.

And now you study! Deal? :D What subject is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.