Group C
Del Potro (3)
Gonzalez
Tomic

Group D
Raonic (4)
Elias
Rochus

Send in points for the group matches before 10PM CET Monday. Group matches will be played between tuesday and friday. Group winner go to semifinal A-D B-C. Semifinals and finals will be played in the weekend.

Everybody send to me, as last week I'll send in my points for the first 2 matches now.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

First of all, this game has nothing to do with real tennis.

You choose a random player, any top 1000 player, retired or not is available.
A draw will be made and you play against an other player.
You get 200 points each match, which you have to divide for 5 sets. You have to send this points to me by Private Message after the draw has been made. You can send in points over and over again between each match. The last message will count.

Example :

Novak Djokovic
Set 1 : 90 , Set 2 : 45 , Set 3 40 , Set 4 20, Set 5 : 5 = total 200 points.

That is how you send.

We are playing best of 5 sets. You win the set if you have given more points to that set as you opponent. The scores are like this :

Difference in points +50 ; 6-0
Difference in points 41-50 ; 6-1
31-40 ; 6-2
21-30 ; 6-3
11-20 ; 6-4
6-10 ; 7-5
5 ; 7-6(0)
4 ; 7-6(2)
3 ; 7-6(3)
2 ; 7-6(4)
1 ; 7-6(5)
0 ; 7-6(6)

In case of a tied amount of points for a set, the winner of the previous set wins the set. If the first set is tied, the player who has given the highest amount of points to any set wins the set. If still tied, coinflip will decide.

I hope everything is clear. If there are any questions please ask.

Example of the scoring system :

Novak Djokovic sends :
Set 1 : 50, Set 2 : 85 , Set 3 40 , Set 4 20, Set 5 : 5 = total 200 points.

Roger Federer sends :
Set 1 : 50, Set 2 : 50, Set 3 70 , Set 4 20, Set 5 : 10 = total 200 points.

1st set, score tied => highest amount of points in any set wins ; Djokovic has 85 as highest amount, while Federer has only 70 => Djokovic wins 7-6(6)
2nd set, Djokovic has 35 points more => Djokovic wins 6-2
3rd set, Federer has 30 points more => Federer wins 6-3
4th set, score tied => winner of the previous set wins the set => Federer wins 7-6(6)
5th set, Federer has 5 points more => Federer wins 7-6(0)

Federer wins the match 6-7(6) 2-6 6-3 7-6(6) 7-6(0)

You can commit by just choosing a player and posting his name in this thread. Commitments are closed Sunday 29/1 8PM CET. We will start on monday or tuesday. You don't have to read or sign up in the games thread, this is a special only once edition.

We need at least 8 players to play.

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: FMTA Montpellier -- Try this now !

Juan Martin Del Potro

#8 ·

Kei Nishikori

#10 ·

Fernando Verdasco :dance:

#15 ·

With 12, would you have 2 pools of 6 (5 rounds) and then semis and final?

#17 ·

Group A
Nishikori (1)
Paire
Zopp

Group B
Verdasco (2)
Fish
Clezar

Group C
Del Potro (3)
Gonzalez
Tomic

Group D
Raonic (4)
Elias
Rochus

Send in points for the group matches before 10PM CET Monday. Group matches will be played between tuesday and friday. Group winner go to semifinal A-D B-C. Semifinals and finals will be played in the weekend.

Everybody send to me, as last week I'll send in my points for the first 2 matches now.

#27 ·
If it makes you feel any better, I think that's the first time anyone has lost in straight sets since this game started this year.

:yeah:

#28 ·
Nope, Gonzalez also lost to Delpo in straights in Australia too:lol:

and Verdasco beat Fish in straights too but the fact that Delpo did it to Gonzo twice is funny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.