Mens Tennis Forums banner

Montreal Doubles Draw

685 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Volcanic Tennis 
#1 ·
First Round
(1)Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) bye
Robert Lindstedt/Marcelo Mello (SWE/BRA) d. Travis Parrott/Filip Polasek (USA/SVK) 6-3 7-6(4)
(WC)Frank Dancevic/Pierre-Ludovic Duclos (CAN) d. Nikolay Davydenko/Igor Kunitsyn (RUS) 7-5 5-7 14-12
(8)Lukasz Kubot/Oliver Marach (CZE/AUT) bye
(4)Bruno Soares/Kevin Ullyett (BRA/ZIM) bye
Lukas Dlouhy/Philipp Petzschner (CZE/GER) d. Philipp Kohlschreiber/Stanislas Wawrinka (GER/SUI) 6-2 6-2
(WC)Rafael Nadal/Francisco Roig (ESP) d. Novak Djokovic/Dusan Vemic (SRB) 7-5 6-4
(7)Max Mirnyi/Andy Ram (BLR/ISR) bye
(6)Mariusz Fyrstenberg/Marcin Matkowski (POL) bye
Tommy Haas/Radek Stepanek (GER/CZE) d. Jeremy Chardy/Gilles Simon (FRA) 6-4 6-0
(ALT)Jeff Coetzee/Jurgen Melzer (RSA/AUT) d. Ross Hutchins/Andy Murray (GBR) 3-6 6-3 (10-7) [Coetzee/Melzer replaces Christopher Kas/Viktor Troicki]
(3)Mahesh Bhupathi/Mark Knowles (IND/BAH) bye
(5)Wesley Moodie/Dick Norman (RSA/BEL) bye
Feliciano Lopez/Fernando Verdasco (ESP) d. Simon Aspelin/Paul Hanley (SWE/AUS) 6-3 6-7(1) (10-6)
David Ferrer/Tommy Robredo (ESP) d. Michael Llodra/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 7-6(6) 1-6 (10-8)
(2)Daniel Nestor/Nenad Zimonjic (CAN/SRB) bye

Second Round
(1)Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) vs Robert Lindstedt/Marcelo Mello (SWE/BRA)
(WC)Frank Dancevic/Pierre-Ludovic Duclos (CAN) vs (8)Lukasz Kubot/Oliver Marach (CZE/AUT)
Lukas Dlouhy/Philipp Petzschner (CZE/GER) d. (4)Bruno Soares/Kevin Ullyett (BRA/ZIM) 6-4 6-3
(7)Max Mirnyi/Andy Ram (BLR/ISR) d. (WC)Rafael Nadal/Francisco Roig (ESP) 4-6 6-3 (10-8)
(6)Mariusz Fyrstenberg/Marcin Matkowski (POL) vs Tommy Haas/Radek Stepanek (GER/CZE)
(ALT)Jeff Coetzee/Jurgen Melzer (RSA/AUT) vs (3)Mahesh Bhupathi/Mark Knowles (IND/BAH)
(5)Wesley Moodie/Dick Norman (RSA/BEL) vs Feliciano Lopez/Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
David Ferrer/Tommy Robredo (ESP) vs (2)Daniel Nestor/Nenad Zimonjic (CAN/SRB)

See less See more
#2 ·
I think a thread should be good for the whole draw.

Badass team Dlouhy/Petzschner with strong results so far, just like I was hoping. Too bad Paes returns next week.

This scoreline was quite shocking:
(7)Max Mirnyi/Andy Ram (BLR/ISR) d. (WC)Rafael Nadal/Francisco Roig (ESP) 4-6 6-3 (10-8)

#3 ·
Frank/Pierre-Ludovic :) Great match.
Lukas/Petz were amazing! I really enjoyed their tennis, especially Petz's. Such a sweetheart! :hearts:
Simon/Paul :bigcry: Really tough match, was probably the match of the tournament so far ! It was tight, really tight, and lots of the rallies were quite long and impressive. I felt bad that they were on the losing end though!

#6 ·
Ram/Mirnyi were solid in that match, Lukas kind of lost it a few times, but mostly it was Philipp - he hurt his knee a bit and was visibly tired (two long matches yesterday and Nadal today... he was out of sorts)
There was no reason to play that match today, there was time for it tomorrow... disappointing. But I see a bright future for Philipp, definitely.

#8 ·
Yeah, well that's when Philipp's knee started acting up. They called the trainer who was quite a ways away, and he taped his knee. (It was later removed though, we noticed)
Lukas was really pissed in the second though, he slammed his racket so hard against the back of the court - luckily no one was there, they would have died. At the end of the first, Phil was mad too, he hit a ball into the crowds - but there was no one in the stands, and it hit Ram/Mirnyi's coach :lol: He felt TERRIBLE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.