Mens Tennis Forums banner

POG (Prince Original Graphite) or Wilson Pro Staff

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jyy82993 
#1 · (Edited)
Closed.

#2 ·
if your using the prince tour graphite 107 then it would be a huge jump to the kpro staff, which has a tiny sweetspot and is very demanding. the people that buy that racket are either pro staff afficiondos or posers.

the new prince graphites, on other hand, are great. they are the first prince rackets i have liked in about 5 years. i havent hit with the mid as its not available in the uk, but the 100 is amazing. you dont get any vibrations from it but you can still feel the ball on the stringbed. its an absolute spin monster and the control is awesome; i never hit long with it.

from what you've said i definitely think the new graphite 100 is the frame you will like best out of the three

#3 ·
Thanks for your input jazar. I know the small sweet spot from the kpro staff would be a big jump but that's a risk I'm willing to take. The graphite 100 would be a reasonable choice but I've played with a 100sq in racquet before (babolat pure drive team) and it was great but I still hit long but not as much as I did with an oversize, although the babolat pure drive team and the prince exo3 100 are totally different racquets so I might take your suggestion into consideration. I'm really looking for a midsize racquet though.

#4 ·
the pure drive and graphite 100 are in 2 completely different leagues. the graphite is a players racket; the pure drive is more of an intermediate racket. they may be the same headsize but the graphite has soo much more control than the pure drive.

#5 ·
Well of course i know that jazar. Haha. I did say that they are two completely different racquets.

I got a hold of a cheap Macgregor racquet. It had a super small headsize. I'm not exactly sure how big it is but I am positive that it's smaller than 95sq in, it may even be smaller than 90 but I have no idea. Any suggestions on how I could possibly measure the headsize? I hit with it for a couple hours and found no problems with the small headsize. The composition of the racquet was very poor in quality cause it had a very mute feel. It was probably a $10 racquet, I found it at my cousin's home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.