Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rainer Schuettler

186K views 3K replies 126 participants last post by  alfonsojose 
#1 ·
My boy needs one :D

Keep going in Cincinnati :bounce: Great fight to beat Nieminen in a third-set TB today :) :) :)

#327 ·
Re: The Rainer Schuettler Cheering Thread

ah i'v seen that lots, have that as my display pic on msn too lol ;)

Reactions: Neely
#328 ·

I've posted that pice everywhere. I can't stop looking at it :love: . It'll be my wallpaper at home. The blue shirt Halle pic is my wallpaper at work :angel: :ignore:

#329 ·

The one that Lee posted? Yeah, that´s also a nice one. I really love the blue shirt meanwhile. First I liked the red one more since red is my absolute favorite color, but now I prefer the blue one. It fits him perfectly ;)

#331 ·

yes, Rainer can do very well in this Grand Slam!!! :)

he will play against Soderling tomorrow (Tuesday) the third match on Court #13.

well, Kiwi couldn't defeat one Johansson, so let's hope the other Johansson is a victim for Rainer then :devil: :devil: ;)

:angel: :lol:

#332 ·

I hope so, Neely!
I spotted this profile at http://sport.guardian.co.uk/wimbledon2004/story/0,14530,1239355,00.html

Rainer Schüttler

Thursday June 17, 2004
The Guardian

Nationality: German
Lives: Altstaetten, Switzerland
Height: 5ft 11in
Weight: 11st 1lb
Turned pro: 1995
Tournaments won: 4 (0 grand slams)
Wimbledons: 6 since 1998
Best performance: Fourth round 2003
Career prize money: £2,394,526
World ranking: 8

Baselines

View from the locker room
Best friend is fellow German Lars Burgsmuller but popular with most players, who rib him for his painstaking, almost fanatical, neatness. He's going to make someone a wonderful husband one day.

Bet you didn't know ...
Schüttler once brought his mobile phone on to court to photograph the mark left by a line call he had unsuccessfully disputed.

On court

Wimbledon wiz or wuss?
Reached the fourth round last year in his best run. Not the most famous face outside his birthplace of Korbach, Schttler was, shall we say, untroubled during his stint in the Wimbledon autograph tent last year.

Annoying tic
Obsessive fear of "those dirty microbes" means he changes his shirt at the end of every set and always has his towel in exactly the right place at the back of the court. Dare you to go to his house and jumble up all his cds.

In form or in tatters
Lost in the first round of the French Open and didn't need his phone/camera once.

McEnroe moments
Like Muttley, Rainer enjoys a good mumble. "I like to mumble so if you watch my matches before I used to do it and I always will do it. So?" Er ... sorry?

Off court

Love game
Currently with a mysterious Swiss girlfriend who speaks no German, so Schüttler is learning French especially for her. Has already mastered the seven uses of "Paf" and all the best swear words.

Home hero?
Despite Schüttler's best efforts, Boris Becker is still the darling of the volks back home. Being German No1 these days doesn't guarantee worldwide acclaim: just ask David Hasselhoff.

Private passions
A big supporter of Borussia Dortmund - along with chancellor Gerhard Schröder.

Championship points

Expert prediction
Fourth round. Has a good all-round game and is immensely quick but does not have the heavy artillery to take him beyond the last 16.

Don't rule out ...
Gets caught in uncompromising position in broom cupboard in a bid to enhance public image.

So...what's all this about a mysterious Swiss chick who doesn't speak German? :confused:

#333 ·

Space Cadet said:
So...what's all this about a mysterious Swiss chick who doesn't speak German? :confused:
wow, I also don't have the slightest idea, but at some time, it was about time that Rainer finds some love :D :inlove:

#335 ·

Snoop :yeah:

Rainer, continue like that and win... you still have all your chances, you have a beaten a big server like Joachim in Halle so you can win this match against Robin, too.

COME on!!! :clap2:

#337 ·

Rainer has a girlfriend :awww: :sad: :hug: :) And it's nice to see he's popular :yeah:

#338 ·

Rainer is the new president of the players' council for the ATP, through 2006.
Congratulations!
Since he was elected by fellow players, he must be well-liked and thought of as fair.

#339 ·

Rainer wins against Söderling 4-6 6-3 7-6(5) 1-6 6-2 :)

well done, Rainer! :)

#341 ·

Next .. Rusedski :eek: .. Go Rainer !! :yeah:

#342 ·

Well done Rainer against Söderling :bounce:

And here´s an article I found on tennisweek.com about Rainer being elected president of the players´council:

President Schuettler

C.Lum/Wire Images.com By Tennis Week
06/23/2004

Rainer Schuettler has earned perhaps his most important title — president of the ATP Player Council. The 28-year-old German was selected by his fellow players as the president of the representative body for ATP player members.

The new Player Council elected returning member Schuettler as its president, with Peru's Luis Horna, a new member, and the Bahama's Mark Knowles, a returning member, as vice presidents.

"For me, it's a very interesting and good challenge," said Schuettler, the German who finished sixth in the ATP 2003 Race. "I look forward to doing the best for the players."

Additionally, the Player Council re-elected Ricardo Acioly to the position of ATP Board player representative for the Americas region. Acioly, from Brazil, has served on the Board as the Americas player representative over the past two years, and he will continue with a new three-year term beginning in 2005. He is joined on the Board by fellow player representatives Tomas Carbonell (Europe) and Bob Brett (International).

"It was great to see so many players wanting to be involved in the running of the ATP circuit," said Horst Klosterkemper, ATP Managing Director Europe who oversees the ATP's Player Services division worldwide. "I would like to extend my congratulations to the re-elected members, who did such a good job on the previous term, as well as the new members. Special thanks go to the new president, Rainer Schuettler, and the two vice presidents, Luis Horna and Mark Knowles, who are willing to put in the extra work for the good of the game. I'm also pleased that Ricardo Acioly will continue in his role as Board player representative, as he has demonstrated a strong understanding of player issues and a commitment to helping the ATP grow the game of tennis for the benefit of its members and fans."

Player Council members elected by their peers to serve on the Player Council through June 2006 are:

1-50 Singles: Rainer Schuettler (President), Albert Costa, Younes El Aynaoui, Ivan Ljubicic
51-100 Singles: Raemon Sluiter, Luis Horna (co-Vice President)
1-100 Doubles: Mark Knowles (co-Vice President), Michael Kohlmann
At Large: Guillermo Canas, David Adams
Alumni: Jaime Fillol
Coach: Ricardo Piatti

#348 ·

Rainer is fighting hard with Rusedski and his big serve... looks like a third consecutive tiebreaker!

COME ON, Rainer!!! hang in, Rusedski will collapse at some time if you manage to believe in yourself all the time and keep it close!

#349 ·

Rainer defeated Rusedski 6-7(5) 7-6(10) 6-7(5) 6-2 6-2

tough fight, Rainer! but he battled through! Congrats :clap2:

sure, he got lucky to win this 2nd set tiebreak as the match could have been over after three tiebreak sets. phew, that was close!

#350 ·

He lost in the 3rd round :cry: But it was nice to see him battle through a couple of tough matches and win a slam match.

#351 ·

Rainer is taking on quite a tough schedule. After Wimby:
Gstaad
Stuttgart
Kitzbuhel
Olympics
Toronto
Cincinatti

That's probably not in the right order, but it's a lot. I would love it so much if Rainer could won an Olympic medal. It would be a symbol of all his hard work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.