Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May)

52K views 822 replies 96 participants last post by  Jverweij 
#1 · (Edited)
Though we needed one to discuss about video games. All the way from the DS to hardcore PC gaming, share all your thoughts and whatever on video games here.

Latest Update - GTA V

So far some info on the game:
- 3 playable characters
- Can switch between each character at any time when not in a mission
- Animals are in the game and have uses
- Map is bigger than San Andreas, Read Dead Redemption and GTA IV put together
- Rockstar want GTA V to revolutionise multi-player open world gaming with this title just like GTA III did with single-player open world gaming
- Farmlands, deserts and villages
- City in the game is around the same size as GTA IV's Liberty city
- Shooting mechanics greatly improved, especially the cover system
- For the first time the whole map will be available right from the beginning
- Mini games include a full 18 hole golf course and tennis. (Note: The game is being worked on by some devs from 2K Czech, the guys who made Mafia II and Top Spin 4, so the tennis may run similar to Top Spin 4)

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: The Gaming Thread.

I miss school days :sobbing:

#6 ·

yesterday i started playing the world ends with you (known in japan as subarashiki kono sekai/it's a wonderful world), an action rpg by square-enix for the ds.

i'm not very far yet (at least, i don't think i am), but so far, the game's battle system is ridiculously complex and most of the time i have no idea what the hell i'm doing. it doesn't really help that the touch screen controls don't always respond properly.

that being said, i love the style and the music (from what i can remember), the story's interesting and the game itself is annoyingly addictive.

#22 ·

Nice to see here some old games I used to play (and still love) – Lufia, Chrono Cross, Zelda III...

Heck even FFX is gonna be an oldie pretty soon too hehe.

;)

One of the few box-sets I have...

(This pic doesn't show Lucia's pendant though!)

#10 ·

Gonna go try and bang out 'Singularity', great FPS and hopefully I can do the impossible and finish it tonight. :p
i wanted to respond to your rep, but it got cut off. =______= so i'll just say it here.

if you've got a flash card, i'd recommend downloading the game first to try it out, because i don't think this game is for everyone. personally, i wouldn't buy it, despite enjoying it so far, but it's gotten many great reviews and lots of people seem to absolutely love it, so... it's really up to you. /useless advice :p

#24 ·

dungeon keeper 2 is very good game indeed. I also like all lucas arts adventures, indiana jones, monkey island, say grim fandango... and those old strategy games like warcraft and dune 2 (though dune 1 is also very good kind of strategy-adventure).

only game I play nowdays is empire total war, napoleon, but it takes ages to complete. usually I just play custom battle to relax. since its against computer, I choose double less units to make it competitive.

#25 ·

dungeon keeper 2 is very good game indeed. I also like all lucas arts adventures, indiana jones, monkey island, say grim fandango... and those old strategy games like warcraft and dune 2 (though dune 1 is also very good kind of strategy-adventure).

only game I play nowdays is empire total war, napoleon, but it takes ages to complete. usually I just play custom battle to relax. since its against computer, I choose double less units to make it competitive.
I used to be very good at warcraft2,won a tournament once. I have aoe gold :wavey:
Starcraft battle chest, warcraft,war3 and diablo chest.

#35 · (Edited)

sensible soccer was still better than its competition at the time: manchester united video game.
yeah that is the correct name.

international superstar soccer sucks though :lol:
huge crap. some of those snes soccer games you can't even move because the a.i makes huge fouls even in the penalty area.

goal for nes.
capcom's shootout,goal 2 for snes. Now those are good.

#36 · (Edited)

Is it Prince of Persia? I thought that too, because everything looked like that, but I had the prince looking-differently in mind. I so sucked at that game, seriously. No trap I didn't run into the first time I faced it.
i beat prince of persia for the pc and snes.
console version is much better.

#38 ·

I remember this game, it was called sudden strike, but first versions, 1 and 2, that was a good game. like 2nd world war predecessor to red alert and similar games. bad interface but realistic with good atmosphere.

#42 ·

masterpiece :worship: probably the best Suikoden game of the series (Suikoden 3 is pretty damn close though), great story and gameplay, battle system was really fun :bounce:

spoiler: I love game stories where your best friend turn to your sworn enemy with all the complexity to it.

Jo Wilfred Tomba against Nadal :lol:
:lol: this was a hilarious game, I couldn't finish it though :eek: pretty hard :/

#43 ·

my all time fav games

played Ico only after I finished Shadow of the Colossus, never heard of it before I knew it's the prequel of SotC, and only played few hours of it and couldn't bring myself to play more, should have played it before SotC :(

piece of art this game :worship: really enjoyed playing it, one of these few games you want to play over and over again :inlove:

this and FFVII are the best games of the series for me :hearts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.