Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May)

52K views 822 replies 96 participants last post by  Jverweij 
#1 · (Edited)
Though we needed one to discuss about video games. All the way from the DS to hardcore PC gaming, share all your thoughts and whatever on video games here.

Latest Update - GTA V

So far some info on the game:
- 3 playable characters
- Can switch between each character at any time when not in a mission
- Animals are in the game and have uses
- Map is bigger than San Andreas, Read Dead Redemption and GTA IV put together
- Rockstar want GTA V to revolutionise multi-player open world gaming with this title just like GTA III did with single-player open world gaming
- Farmlands, deserts and villages
- City in the game is around the same size as GTA IV's Liberty city
- Shooting mechanics greatly improved, especially the cover system
- For the first time the whole map will be available right from the beginning
- Mini games include a full 18 hole golf course and tennis. (Note: The game is being worked on by some devs from 2K Czech, the guys who made Mafia II and Top Spin 4, so the tennis may run similar to Top Spin 4)

See less See more
#608 ·
Re: The Gaming Thread.

I haven't played in a while cause I can't stand how fixed the game feels. Somehow I dominate games while their keeper makes super saves or my shot hits the cross bar and they get a rebounded goal in the 90th minute.

Ajde.

#609 ·

Online Leng, or against the computer?

Bogans aren't made for real football games anyway.

Ajde.

#611 ·

Fifa 12 is good, but I'm annoyed by how easy it is to score a finesse shot from outside the box.
They didn't fix that from 11. My friend uses it all the time from just outside the cornor of the box. So ridiculously unrealistic and the keep doesn't even react at all.

#612 ·

iC I leon on xbox for anyone who wants to take me on when i get ts4 back.

#613 ·

My problems with the game so far (put about 2 hours in):
- Can only choose a playstyle of about 5 players (Federer, Nadal, Roddick and a few others)
- You can't even choose to make your own player have a one or two handed backhand
- Melbourne sign on the back of the court is absolutely blurred and looks horrible
- No Australian Open at night
- No US Open during the day
- In a lot of matches the AI will ONLY serve down the middle, they'll only change to serve out wide if I move closer to the middle of the court just before they serve.
- Career mode is an absolutely joke. You can win tournaments including Grand Slams barely losing points.
- Net play is too dominant. You can literally hit a return against any player (I've even tried vs Roddick) charge to the net and hit a drop volley and win the point nearly all the time.
- The AI will constantly come to net no matter who they are, and we're talking about playing that never coming to the net going there literally all the time.
- Commentary is horrible. Same lines over and over again and I've only played the game for a few hours.
- Players don't have the strengths they should have, for example Tsonga's serve is more useless than Murray's.
- Player selection screen is a mess. Why didn't they go with a simple menu like TS or VT?

But I will say some positives:
- The ESPN Classics mode is a nice addition. Sometimes you'll have to finish matches off (eg. Murray vs Nadal US Open 2008 SF where you begin 2 sets to 1 up and 1-2 down in the 4th as Murray) or rewrite history (eg. Tsonga vs Djokovic Australian Open 2008 Final where you begin in the 4th set TB and you have to win the match as Tsonga).
- Nice selection of clothing and racquets for your custom player.
- Some players have nice character models.

#614 ·

I wouldn't even have rented it based on that demo.

Ajde.

#615 ·

:lol: Well personally I am glad I rented it, it's good enough for a few days entertainment and since I'm off the next few days it's not like there's anything better to do. It is a bad tennis game but it's a little fun in a way. :eek:

#617 ·

:lol: Well personally I am glad I rented it, it's good enough for a few days entertainment and since I'm off the next few days it's not like there's anything better to do. It is a bad tennis game but it's a little fun in a way. :eek:
Why couldnt they put Tsonga in the good game? :sad:

#616 ·

Obviously TS4 is something better to do.

Ajde

#620 ·

Obviously TS4 is something better to do.

Ajde
It would be but the power brick doesn't work on the 360 I generally use and I just can't be bothered to connect my other 360 as it's too loud and annoying. :eek:
Why couldnt they put Tsonga in the good game? :sad:
:hug: What sucks even more is that Tsonga pretty much sucks from what I've played with him so far, I think he's even classed as an all-rounder over aggressive baseliner. :facepalm:
I get Topspin 4. A really good game. On PS3. Next week, if someone wants to face me, I'm ok. (on FIFA 12 too)
What other games do you have? :)
Gimp Slam Tennis 2
:lol:

#618 ·

Which game are you talking about Certinfy?

I get Topspin 4. A really good game. On PS3. Next week, if someone wants to face me, I'm ok. (on FIFA 12 too)

#619 ·

Gimp Slam Tennis 2

#625 ·

I've got 3 PS3s so I think I win.

Sold one of my 360s though.

Ajde.

#628 ·

Gamers, at last back in business with my PS3, let me know if you want to challenge me in Topspin 4 or Fifa 12. :wavey:

#629 ·

Got Uncharted Golden Abyss for 79p :lol:

Will get my Vita on Friday but I've burnt my left hand so it's not like I'll be able to play it properly. Then on Monday I'm going away until Friday and don't want to take it with me so it's kind of good and bad me getting it now. :eek:

#630 ·

I used to be a big time video game junkie. Back in the day. Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube, PS1 and PS2. Any and all mario games, any and all GTA games, man I was really into all of that, burned hours and hours of my youth, ahh the days.

Now, though, I never play video games. PS3, Xbox 360, far too expensive. Also, a lack of time (school, work, training) have disallowed me to play any video games anymore.

Maybe after my career I'll pick them back up.

This won't be me, but I feel the following video is very culturally relevant.

#632 ·

Anyone played Dark Souls? Got it for my Christmas present but haven't played it yet due to school and due to wanting to finish other games first (like the new Assassin's Creed). I really enjoyed Demon's Souls, even though I played it with a guide open all the time :lol:. Managed to finish the first playthrough but the second was way too tough and I quit that quite early.

#634 ·

yea, i went through it. Difficulty is like Demon's Souls, even tougher with some bosses. I recommend it, still a brilliant game for those who don't mind dying left and right lol.
Yeah so I've heard! It's fun to play a punishing game for once, though sometimes it was really frustrating - you play a level for an hour and then accidentally drop into some hole in the ground that was tough to see because of the darkness... the amount of frustration was immense at times :lol:.

Part of why I used a guide while playing it was because it was so difficult and some important things were so easy to miss that I felt that the experience might be incomplete and very frustrating without it... The guide made it quite nice, though equally difficult I must say.

#635 ·

Yea, this series is one of the few games where a guide would compliment it instead of ruin the experience. Just thinking about it, I should've used one because I definitely added double digit hours from just stupid deaths lol. And nothing is more bumming than seeing those earned souls lost if you can't get back to the spot of death. There were times where I reran a level and accidentally ran into a black knight or unlocked a door that I just completely passed in the first playthrough, so I may look at a guide and see what else I missed.

The beginning is the toughest because of one particular boss, but once you build up your character, it gets simpler. Just like the first one imo.

#638 ·

Same. I'm playing VT right now...is it just me or is it way harder? I used to be a beast at the old ones and now I can barely in a game against very hard CPU :speakles:

Ajde

#646 ·

Same. I'm playing VT right now...is it just me or is it way harder? I used to be a beast at the old ones and now I can barely in a game against very hard CPU :speakles:

Ajde
Definitely is, I have to play on Hard now and still I lose a few matches. Very Hard in comparison is just a joke it seems. Either way the game suits the Vita so much and is good fun, which I wasn't expecting after the console versions. Also has by far the best graphics of any game out so far on the Vita I think.

As for the other games Uncharted GA turned out to be a lot better than I expected, in fact I could even say I preferred it over the 3 main games. :)

Can't wait for Unit 13 this Friday but not sure if i'll buy or rent it.

#639 ·

leng jai and I going back and forth in terms of match winning dominance. He's currently on a pretty dominant streak on TS4. The gauntlet has been laid down.

#640 ·

I just played some leftie gimp who aced my like 10 times in one set. Fucking ridix bullshit :speakles:

Ajde.

#643 ·

WoW sux now, it was good game when it just came, and with TBC. After that is just became to easy, nothing like killing C'Thun (atleast trying to kill it, it was impossible hard so Blizzard release patch to get him weaker and to finally someone kill him)
Even in TBC it became to easy so i just stoped playing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.