Mens Tennis Forums banner

"This thread sucks" form

34K views 98 replies 41 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
In the off season when people are bored and the quality of MTF GM discussion drops even lower I think a "this thread sucks" form is necessary to evaluate threads.

I evaluated Rafa=FedKilla's "I am leaving thread" here. http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4530164&postcount=117

Any suggestions to add to the form?

THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[_] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[_] It was started by JustCause
[_] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

See less See more
#2 ·
:lol: Great idea.

Here are a few more suggestions:

[_] Leurn haw too spel far fook's saiyke
[_] Deivid posted in this thread
[_] Not enough/ too much Federer fawning
[_] Not enough/ too much discussion about the size, shape, texture and mass of Nadal's buttocks
[_] I want to see more Jerry Seinfeld vs. Mistatool arseclowning wars
[_] Users should learn to read before they post

#4 ·
[_] Bandwagoning is a disease, that can be cured.

#9 ·
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
There goes GlennMiryni's posting abilities.

#16 ·
Great Stuff Hitch! :haha:

[] It proclaims that the World Number 1000 has a stellar future because he took a top 20 player to a tiebreak and even broke him once even though the top 50 player was playing like he was warming up and laughing throughout the match and exchanging SMS with his lover during changeovers.

#19 ·
Make this a sticky.

#25 ·
Yes, this should be stickied.

#30 ·
can youi also stick my JackSparrow thread, Lee? :awww:

#34 ·
if I get 20 people to ask for Jack Sparrow can you stick it? at least for 2 days :awww:

#37 ·
i counted, it was only 4 request for sticking this one, make it 5 including Lee, I'm pretty sure there's more demand for jackSparrow especially since he'll be back soon

This post has been deleted
#44 ·
Brilliant :worship:
How come "Laws of MTF" stays in GM and this gets moved to Non-Tennis?:( Or did this start in NT? :scratch:

#46 ·
Nope, started in GM, hence the ''Wrong forum, douche [ ]'' addition.
That's a decent point though. Perhaps the mods don't want two of the same type of thread there, or because MTF rules weren't as strict when the Laws thread was started, and they may as well leave it there now.

It definitely has more relevance there though.

#48 ·
But the Laws thread has much relevence to GM, as it describes posters on MTF as they talk about men's tennis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.