Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

19K views 327 replies 52 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas

What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135174

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:
Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT Dallas, day #] . Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to ibreak4coffee@gmail.com

See less See more
#233 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Wednesday OOP Posted - 10:30am Deadline (5:30pm CET

Robby was serving for the first set. And I said don't tighten up because you are serving for the set. What happens he loses his serve 0-40 then loses the set 7-6 :banghead:

#235 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Wednesday OOP Posted - 10:30am Deadline (5:30pm CET

Thursday OOP

James BLAKE (USA) vs. Michael RUSSELL (USA) SR1 PTS
Rhyne WILLIAMS (USA) vs. Alex KUZNETSOV (USA) SR2
Jesse LEVINE (CAN) vs. Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) SR3
Denys MOLCHANOV (UKR) vs. Robby GINEPRI (USA) SR4

Please send your picks to ibreak4coffee
Deadline to send picks is 10:45am Dallas time (5:45pm CET)
Matches count for a one day Semifinal round in both singles and doubles

#237 ·

Quarterfinals
Matches Counted: 8
Matches Remaining: 0

05:05 | Freshi (GER) vs. ostm89 (USA) #SRs: 5-4
04:03 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. Mahqz (GER) #SRs: 4-3
05:00 | (6) Pauchis (ARG) vs. lolada_4 (POR) #SRs: 3-0
04:05 | scher (POR) vs. (2) Mae (USA) #SRs: 3-4

Quarterfinals
Matches Counted: 8
Matches Remaining: 0

09:08 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. Cheeky Chick/cserkinho (GBR/AUT) #SRs: 8-7
10:09 | nickelS/Dangermouse (RUS/GBR) vs. A_Skywalker/Federer in 2 (BUL/ISR) #SRs: 8-8
06:10 | (3) kingroger/Marto (GER/BUL) vs. Freshi/lizzard11120 (GER/AUS) #SRs: 6-9
05:11 | digor/lolada_4 (UKR/POR) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) #SRs: 5-7

#238 ·

Semi Finals
Matches Counted: 0
Matches Remaining: 4

00:00 | Freshi (GER) vs. (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR)
00:00 | (6) Pauchis (ARG) vs. (2) Mae (USA)

Semi Finals

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. nickelS/Dangermouse (RUS/GBR)
00:00 | Freshi/lizzard11120 (GER/AUS) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR)

#239 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Thursday OOP Posted - 10:45am Deadline (5:45pm CET)

OOP is out. Really all this 4 matches will be really hard to pick.

#242 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Thursday OOP Posted - 10:45am Deadline (5:45pm CET)

Tell me about it! There are too many Americans in the mix and you never can tell what they are going to do in a Match! At least I can't!
Agreed. They are very unpredictable. Their ON day can be really amazing, but in their OFF day, they can lose to anyone, no matter the rank and quality of their opponent.

#241 ·

Sorry guys I couldnt post any "missing picks" posts this morning as we had a fire alarm go off in the office and I just got back to my desk! I am missing picks from nickelS in doubles :sad:

Semifinals

00:00 | Freshi (GER) vs. (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) - Same winners; SR Differences: Williams 2-1 v 2-0
00:00 | (6) Pauchis (ARG) vs. (2) Mae (USA) - Same winners; SR Differences: Levine 2-0 v 2-1, Ginepri 2-0 v 2-1

Semifinals

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/AUS) vs. nickelS/Dangermouse (RUS/GBR) - Missing picks from nickelS
00:00 | Freshi/lizzard11120 (GER/AUS) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) - Russell, Williams, Levine +2, Molchanov vs. Blake, Kuznetsov, Dancevic +2, Ginepri

#247 ·

hahaha! did my doubles match have ALL THE FOUR DIFFS????!!! I think i never saw this before. Not in a 4 match picking! Pretty cool. All the matches will count.

#257 ·

Actually I would love to see Frank win myself because I don't like all of Levine's country switching, but as you know I picked Levine.
You're in the drivers seat in singles right now - but you need Frank to win a set so you should cheer for that at least.

In my 4 years of managing this tournament, a seed has always won the singles title :wavey:

#259 ·

Frank gave Jesse a breadstick and a place in a final for Mae. Hope he gives me and my team mate, the same place in the final, by winning 1 more set :D! Lets go Frank!!!

Reactions: ibreak4coffee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.