Mens Tennis Forums banner

Dinara Part 2

151K views 999 replies 75 participants last post by  michellej 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#800 ·
The odyssey with the laptop continues :lol:

Interview in Russian here

Мой брат Марат подарил мне на последний день рождения iPad, но пока у меня не было времени, чтобы толком в нем разобраться. Впрочем, я это сделаю обязательно!
She was asked which of her birthday presents she values most. Dinara replies that she values all presents from her close people etc. and says "My brother gave me an iPad for my last birthday, but I had no time to understand it in full. But I will do that definitely!"

tsk, tsk, tsk.. after all the rush to get it :p

And few more bits from the interviewer's twitter: http://twitter.com/VladasLasitskas

Safina: I would gladly appeared in the tv-series "Lost". My character would have survived till the end and destroyed all enemies.
Piece of Safina: Only Serena Williams may win the Grand Slam tittle without playing for a long time...

#810 ·
I still can't belive she'd split from Zeljco. They seemed like a great team.
Thanks for the news/intws, everyone!

Let's see if big brother shows up as he said he would :p
A bit of clarification here :angel: In the interview on lifesport the journalist asks him, whether he'll go to RG? (Marat: Sure), and whether he'll cheer (Marat: Sure). The press article made it sound as if he personally declared he'll go there and cheer from morning to evening (my guess: with a huge pink banner :p )

Marat in RG? For his sister? :yeah:
I think Marat will go to RG for work (just as Tarpi goes there), networking, know how exchange etc. IMHO that is ;)

#806 ·
Came across a mini interview with Dinara here: http://www.wtasuperfans.com/2010/05/24/d-behave/#more-3318

"Q. Ha, of course you would! And who would you invite to a dinner party? You can choose any three people, dead or alive.

A. Christiano Ronaldo, David Beckham and Marat Safin"

How sweet of her to invite her big brother as well. :D

"Q. Right… order a helicopter and pay for it over the phone? Genius! And what if you were invisible for a day, what would you do?

A. I’d be in the ATP locker room!!"

:lol:

#808 ·
:haha: Dinara!! Everyone would do the same!!!
:eek: Marat in RG? For his sister? :yeah:
Guga will be landing this week there too, good chances for Marat to come and play here! Fingers crossed! :)

#815 ·
Oh, Dinara. :hug: I saw some highlights and that was enough for me. :help: Was she really up at least a break in every set? I heard she was up 5-0 in the 1st, up 1 break in the 2nd, and up 4-1 in the 3rd. :unsure: I'm sure she will sort things out with her game, new coach, and a new training routine in time. ;)

Her R1 doubles match is scheduled 3rd on Court 4 Wednesday. ;)

#818 · (Edited)
always :kiss:

Rausa says that the hardest thing now for Dinara is to play, because she fears a new back injury might stop her career. Before every hit she thinks, whether this might be her last hit, her last match :sad: It is mental issue, not physical at this time. The doctors said now all is fine.

Asked to evaluate the job done by the now ex-coach Krajan, Rausa says that from coach point of view his work was null (zero). She didn't interfere, because the results were good (mostly based on previous coaches' work). What Zeljco did was listen to Dinara and understand her. Probably he might have said something nice that Dinara would like to hear.

About the new coach Rausa still can't tell anything certain, first let's see what will happen etc. She liked the first set vs Kimiko, because it was seen the game from before. For two years Krajan didn't improve anything in Dinara's game.
Right now Dinara is still playing doubles in Paris and deals with issuance of UK visa :) Rauza wishes only that Dinara to be healthy, all else will be fine.

#820 ·
Thanks for the interesting interview/translation Annie. :wavey:
I hope Dinara can find a good coach who can help her improve her weaknesses. ;)

For those who don't know, Dinara & Szavay def. Zakopalova/Zalameda 6-1 6-1 in R1 doubles on Wednesday. :D They play R2 against Black/Vesnina first on Court 4 on Friday.

#829 · (Edited)
Dinara lost in the first round to Rybarikova 7-6(4) 4-6 4-6 in 's-Hertogenbosch today. :drink: I was expecting to see loads of DF's on the stats, but it only listed 4. She's not playing doubles, so she's done until Wimbledon.

There is video of Dinara's entire match at http://www.unicefopen.tv/. Watch if you dare! :lol: I've been wondering about this haircut she's been talking about on twitter. Her hair definitely looks shorter - too short for a bun but still long enough for a ponytail. :) Are my eyes deceiving me or is that Rausa sitting courtside in the pink? :scratch:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.