Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

159K views 5K replies 24 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
New chat thread! That last one went by so quick!!

Reactions: Alaricus
#1,261 ·
This other time, we were having a slow day. We were so bored that one of the guys decided to order a pizza from Pizza Hut to compare. We call them up, order a large supreme pizza, which came out to about $35, and tell them to deliver to Domino’s. We had to tell them three times that it wasn’t a prank. Finally, the pizza gets here fifty minutes late. It was cold and was squished on one side, and had probably been spat on a few times. So we run it through out over to heat it up, and overcook it. The guy whose idea this was got really pissed and called up Pizza Hut. He told them: “We’re calling from Domino’s. We ordered a pizza from you guys an hour ago and it came late, cold, and looking like crap. What are you going to do about it?” Pizza Hut just told him to get lost. The funny thing is, we actually ended up eating the pizza…
from the blog

#1,264 ·
But he works for Dominos? That is a funny story :lol: I should do something like that :rolls:

João Sousa is a good player, too, but he can't be as good as Elias can be, imo!

Sousa has a poor attitude on court, unfortunately, and is not loaded with weapons. Gastão, however, is pretty nice and has great talent and potential!
Yeah I have heard about his attitude :( sucks Elias is a big hope, but in the past there was too much pressure on him. Like with Mikey's girl...

#1,263 ·
There was assistant manager working here who was really notorious for micro-managing people, and everybody hated that, so one time, I decided to play a prank on him. Jalapeno peppers are by far the least popular toppings on the menu. We might get one order asking for them on any given day. Knowing that, I typed up a fake letter from the Domino’s head office and ran it through the machine in the office. It said that whoever could sell the most jalapeno pizzas on a certain date wins a $50 gift certificate to redeemable at an electronics store. I made sure that the guy in question would find it when he came in that morning. As predicted, he made two extra batches of jalapenos, didn’t tell anyone else about the contest, and proceeded to push jalapeno as a topping option to every single customer calling on that day. At the end of his shift, he told Robert that he sold 8 jalapeno pizzas and to call him if he won. We then let him in on the prank and the guy just flipped his shit. He told all of us to fuck off and quit on the spot!
:rolls:

#1,280 ·
Lee, Jack must be Chinese. :confused:

The first time I found myself on stage, I was three years old. My great-aunt owned a karaoke club in my hometown in China. I remember walking into the club with my mom, seeing people singing on stage, and immediately running up to them, grabbing a microphone, and joining in on a song I had never heard before. My mom and great-aunt thought it was cute. The other singers probably found me extremely irritating.

Watching traditional Chinese comedy was a pastime of mine. During the annual Spring Festival TV Gala (the Chinese equivalent of the Superbowl, in terms of ratings – 1.4 billion people tuned in last year), five-year-old me would stay up as late as I could, trying to keep my eyes open through the boring (at least in my mind) dance and singing numbers, so that I could see one of the three “xiaopin” (“short skits” arranged like North-American sitcoms but with simple, family-oriented plots acted out in front of a live audience) performed by comedy geniuses like Feng Gong or Zhao Benshan – two funny-looking middle-aged men who have been performing comedy in front of people for decades. Feng Gong, a fellow Tianjin native, had a round face and a tiny mouth he would purse frequently to make appear even smaller. Zhao Benshan, a decade or two his senior, often played the grumpy old man role and had the looks to match. I can hardly remember any of these shows in great detail, but before moving to Canada where I discovered The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and the Simpsons on CBC’s afternoon lineup, Feng and Zhao set the golden standard in comedy, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.