Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vasek Pospisil

268K views 3K replies 111 participants last post by  Brad1973 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,148 ·
Nalby breaks after a very long game, I sadly called the break at that very moment, so if you want to take me out back and give me a flogging, you can.

#1,150 · (Edited)
Yeah, if Vasek had a very high 1st serve % this would be a different match.

Nalby breaks again, has the 2nd serve nailed.

GSM Nalby, at least Vashy made him serve it out, Nalby in the 3rd had 68% 1st serve, and won 88% of his 2nd.

Even though it's another loss, I think it's more valuable than most.

#1,159 ·
why did Daniel/Vasek not play Eastbourne? They had signed up and planned on warmup for the Olympics. Nestor has played a lot lately, and going RG, Queens, Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Newport, Olympics may not have been the best idea, is that why they withdrew?

I guess vasek will just have to take the singles title then :lol:

#1,163 ·
Tough loss for Vasek to Ryan Harrison, 3-6, 7-6 (2), 7-6(6). He had a MP on his serve in the final TB.

I was afraid that it would go similarly to the last time he played Ryan - in Wimbledon Juniors, where he lost 7-6(5) 6-7(8) 4-6, also having failed to convert a MP.

On a more positive note, he saved all 9 BPs he faced.

#1,165 ·
I am feeling very good about Vasek and his performance this week, beating Rosol and taking it as far as he could without winning vs. Harrison, looks like he could be closer than we thought to being an ATP regular.

#1,166 ·
Wimbledon first round

Vasek Pospisil-Sam Querrey following Raonic :(
Bad draw:(

#1,168 ·
Too bad for Vasek. He should have some chance to do well on grass, but he keeps getting bad draws.

He's also in an awkward situation for the US Open cut-off. According to my calculations he needs to win about 80 points to stay where he is right now - ie on the edge of getting direct entry. And while going to the Olympics is great, it cuts out on opportunities to earn those points - I am guessing just Wimby and Newport.

And of course once we get past the Olympics, he has a whole lot of points to defend, starting with the Rogers Cup. So the pressure is on (I hope he won't worry too much about that though).

#1,170 ·
I don't think that Sam is a poor draw considering some other players he could have gotten, is it just a Canadian thing that some are so hard on players, the way Vasek seems to be paying right now I think he has a pretty good chance for the win, the main thing I'm concerned more about is will he have enough fitness to play a long match if it comes to that, Querrey might not be great in that area either though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.