Mens Tennis Forums banner

THE pictures thread

569K views 5K replies 189 participants last post by  Dead Net Cord 
#1 ·
I'm pulling a Zahirah and opening all the new threads.

Of course the prospect of a pic thread was a major reason for asking for a Gilles forum. I have no new ones yet, but feel free to post the best old ones in the meantime. :drool:

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm glad your opening all the new threads.

Here are some older pics from the thread.

From RG 2005 (Is that Winogradsky)??:

This photos is the first time I became aware of Gilles. It was AO 2006. He had given so much in his match against Berdych that he literally had to be helped off the court (he won by the way). :)

And a link to Danielafrenchfan's post:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3406920&postcount=161

#3 ·
This photos is the first time I became aware of Gilles. It was AO 2006. He had given so much in his match against Berdych that he literally had to be helped off the court (he won by the way). :)
I became a fan in Marseille 2007 (I had never seen him play before) and I'm pissed I missed that epic AO 2006! I know Forget called him "a genious" after that match, which made Gilles laugh in an interview when he was asked about it (he answers something like "nice from him, but I'm not so sure, it must be the first time he was watching me play!"), so I'm very curious to know why the hell Forget called Gillou a "genious". :lol:

(I put bits of the French interviews of the AO 2006 here: http://gilles-simon.over-blog.com/article-18005307.html - it's fun to read now a few years later, he's also asked to describe his game, etc. - I can translate it later if anybody is interested.)

#4 ·
He looks so great on these older pics of Cécile. But I have never seen a pic of him as a boy. He wasn't doing well in the boys championships, so there are plenty of pics of Richard, Gaël, Jo, even Mathieu Montcourt (or Clément Morel!) on the FFT websites, but never of "young Poussin".

He really was still looking like a boy in his first years on the tour, he has changed a lot:

#9 ·
Yes, please, I saw them in the gallery on Corinne Dubreuil's website, but they were with watermarks there.

I remember he looked pretty skinny in these pics, that was only one year ago, he has really developed his upper body when you compare with the shirtless pics taken by Toppu in Sydney at the beginning of the year.

– I see Toppu's pics are not available anymore, unfortunately, so here are two for the ones who missed the whole series:

Attachments

#11 ·
And Gillou showing some emotion on the court (Umag 07, Rotterdam 08, AO 08, Marseille 08, Sopot 07, Marseille 07, Bucarest 07, Umag 07):

Attachments

#14 ·
I'm pulling a Zahirah and opening all the new threads.
:spit: :rolls:

I have photos of Gilles that I haven't posted yet, I think :scratch: (including the one where you drooled all over my Facebook, Fran :p) I'll try to post them ASAP.

#16 · (Edited)
I hadn't noticed the sweaty armpit. :eek:

Thanks a lot, Toppu, and you can also post the old ones again, Zahirah, we won't mind!
It's hard to find them again in the old thread - and you guys take the best pics of Gilles, really. The media often have terrible pics of him, while he looks so great in yours. Some of my favourite pics of him were also taken by Iza in Bucarest, I think.

To stay on topic, a couple of "portraits" and press conference pics (already posted in the other thread too by Ome for most of them):

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
I'm glad we have a new forum, you were hiding that nice pic from us, Kezzi!
Poussin's match against Robredo
I doubt that's the match which made a fan out of you since we were talking about that? ^^ (I didn't see it, but I saw the "highlights" and it looks like Gilles hardly won a rallye, was it really that bad? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCA2eVYyj4)
Thanks a lot for sharing, I'm running over to your Facebook now.

#26 ·
well last year I saw two Gillu's matches live, against Robredo and against Canas.
Poussin didn't play good against the spanish player (and I argued with some Robredo fans while I was watching the match :p) but probably due to an amazing match played the day before against Canas. I was there and saw the perfect geometric game of Simon and admired the way he found to beat the great defensive game played by the argentinian...I rooted for Gillu from '05 but that was the day he became one of my favorites

#29 ·
I know, it's just perfect! I remember you had it as an avatar, Scott, and that's how I noticed he was so good looking. I was fascinated by your avatar everytime you posted.

If anybody still has the video of that interview, I would love to see it, the links in the old thread don't work anymore.

#32 ·
I know, it's just perfect! I remember you had it as an avatar, Scott, and that's how I noticed he was so good looking. I was fascinated by your avatar everytime you posted.
I'm just glad I could do my part to spread the knowledge of Gillesex to the world.

#33 ·
Fran, you probably saw all of these pictures... :lol:

Anyway, dedicated to Scott for thinking of Jerome and I :kiss: :p

Attachments

Reactions: Brego and Kezzi
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.