#1 ·
WIMBLEDON 2011: Important Dates

Qualifying: 13 June - 16 June
The Championships: 20 June – 3 July

Seeds Announced: 15 June from 12pm
The Draw: 17 June from 10am

See less See more
#5 ·
He MUST first win the first 2 matches before worrying about Federer.

Hopefully he could post a huge upset and beat Federer? Have they ever met on grass? When was the last time Nalby beat Federer? 2007 in Paris Indoor?

Nalby always has the extra motivation to win when playing the top players like Federer.

His quarter of draw is pretty weak - I dont see Almagro / etc. could post a huge challenge. So if he could beat Federer, he could reach his first Grand Slam QF in half a decade!!! He could even have a chance to reach the SF since I dont see Ferrer / Tsonga are strong grass court players.

#7 ·
Round One (David's section):

David Ferrer ESP (7)v Benoit Paire FRA

Ivan Dodig CRO v qualifier

Carlos Berlocq ARG v qualifier

Andrey Golubev KAZ v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez ESP (26)

Alexandr Dolgopolov UKR (22)v Fernando Gonzalez CHI

qualifier v Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo ESP

Grigor Dimitrov BUL v qualifier

qualifier v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (12)

Nicolas Almagro ESP (16) v Jarkko Nieminen FIN

John Isner USA v Nicolas Mahut FRA (yes, they will meet again :D)

Somdev Devvarman IND v Denis Gremelmayr GER

Juan Monaco ARG v Mikhail Youzhny RUS (18)

David Nalbandian ARG (28) v Julian Reister GER

Florent Serra FRA v Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT

Adrian Mannarino FRA v qualifier

Mikhail Kukushkin KAZ v Roger Federer SUI (3)

#16 ·
I find that David currently is playing much weaker than 3-4 years ago. What is weaker? He does not "fight" enough... His reaction for return is too slow,
earlier he could easy return serves of Roddick and many other great Ace-makers...
They compared Dave's return with Agassi's return, and many fans foound he was better...
but now I do not see Dave's wish to win so much...
May be tennis now is not his favorite "thing" anymore, or this is because he is already aged?

I wish David "break" my doubts :)
try beat Federer now, David you could do it 8 times ;)

#18 ·
But we have an example to play even better after 29 years old, Federer...,
Andre Agassi, my most favorite tennis player (yes, he is the best of the best for me :)),
he won most his Grand Slams after he was 29 years old.
I cannot believe, but David still can do win a GS, if he want it.
Yes, first of all David has to wish it himselfs...
Nobody can help him here...We will just support him :)

#26 ·
Short interview with David after the match against Roger.

It sounds that the problems aren't that serious - fortunately, as it would be a shame to see him having another injury break.

D. Nalbandian - third round
Saturday, 25 June 2011

D Nalbandian def by R. Federer 4-6, 2-6, 4-6

Q. What was the injury?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, the adds. (Adductors) I get surgery four month ago, and I feel a little bit on one part of the match.

Trainer help me with that, so I hope not a big deal.

Q. Did it affect your performance at all?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, sometimes a little bit feels a little pain, but not much. Just a little bit. So didn't affect really, really much. I mean, he played much better than me today, so no excuse.

Q. You obviously played Roger a lot over the years. Can you compare the way he's playing now to the way he was playing three or four years ago?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, three, four years ago I think he's playing the same level. He improve a lot from, I don't know, six, seven years ago.

After that, he play incredible level all the time, every match, and especially here on grass. He's one of the most winner of the tournament, so he's a great player.

Q. So do you think it's more that maybe Nadal and Djokovic have improved rather than him getting worse?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, Rafa improves a lot, and Novak as well. Novak has amazing year this time, so I think all of those guys improve a lot.

If you didn't do that, it's impossible to be in the top.

Q. And just to come back to you, you've had a lot of injuries recently. How tough is it to keep coming back from that over and over again?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: It is tough. The recovery is very tough, especially for your mind, at home doing just exercise, not training hard as we wish.

But it's very tough on the mind especially.

Source: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/interviews/2011-06-25/201106251309026786317.html

#27 ·
Short interview with David after the match against Roger.

.....I mean, he played much better than me today, so no excuse.

.....I think all of those guys improve a lot.

If you didn't do that, it's impossible to be in the top.

.......But it's very tough on the mind especially.
Yes David, "If you didn't do that, it is impossible to be in the top" ...

Please do it, come back in to the top:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.