Mens Tennis Forums banner

Your Favourite Shot?

7K views 69 replies 47 participants last post by  zjk 
#1 ·
What type shot are best at for example, serve, Forehand, Backhand, Volley etc.

And what type of player do you do well against?

Like to hear your answers

#6 ·
Favourite shots: inside out forehand approach, backhand volley, forehand drop shot

I took on the captain of a University side a couple of weeks ago and my backhand slice drove him mad so that is probably my most effective shot.

I like taking on flat hitting aggressive baseliners.

#7 ·
When it's on - big first serve. Also love the aggressive forehand on the rise inside the baseline, lob off the backhand side and the angled volley and drop shots are special.

I enjoy the challenge of taking on different players with all sorts of styles, I do like a match with points being decided at the net though.

#14 ·
Drop shot approach shot. You make it look like you are gong to slice it deep and open up the racket face at the last second. Also, When you have an easy forehand at the service line, set up like you are going to hit a huge forehand, and at the last second open, up the racket face and drop it. It usually doesn't even have to be a good dropshot because they are so far behind the line because they think you are going to hit a deep forehand.

#16 ·
My first serve is my favourite shot. Usually when it's on, it sets up a pretty easy volley.

Other fave shots include BH volley, BH slice, and CC topspin forehand, especially hit a bit on the rise and with a nice angle --> creates a bit of a hurry for the opponent.

I also enjoy defending, I'm pretty fast and good with my hands so I can make life miserable for those who try to be aggressive...

#25 ·
Any forehand. I can mix it up so well. I can go flat angle crosscourt, heavy topspin, inside out, Nadal style, and everything in between.

and I must say I have immaculate footwork so I can almost always run around.

#30 ·
A high over head extremely close to the net, I let it bounce once, then slam it down their throat :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.