Who will win?

WWW Halle Final: Thomas Haas v. Roger Federer

13K views 135 replies 63 participants last post by  Fujee 
#1 ·
awesome grass final.

#60 ·
perfect final in grass, no matter the result..tennis WINS :worship:

#62 ·
Two big friends taking it against each other, will be epic ;)

From Fed's interview: ''Of course Tommy and I share many years together on the tour and also our families are close.''

#71 ·
Exactly.

Roger in straights. The easier the outcome, the more I will love the result.

This post has been deleted
#70 ·
For once I agree with you, Kinderer will let Haas take this, similar to LayLay in 2010. :)

#74 ·
Tommy can't be American in any way. Does he have dual citizenship? Yes, but what can you expect after living in US for so long.
There shouldn't be any confusion about his nationality, he's german.

#76 ·
Haas switched nationality ? :eek:

Taxes too high in Germany poor Tommy? :eek:

#79 ·
"Of course I wouldn't have done this if I hadn't had the option to keep my German passport. But as this point was guaranteed, I now have the privilege of dual nationality and I can continue playing for the German Davis Cup Team." he added.

#81 ·
:hug:

Have no fear! You have restored my respect for Tommy :)

#80 ·
Where we are going mtf, we dont need roads!

#82 ·
looks like federer quickly forgot about the halle final he lost to hewitt when he was leading a set and a break up :lol:

From today's presser:
Q: In view of what you said can you think back on the emotions the first time you were here in the final?

FEDERER: Yes, because it’s always special winning a title not far away from home. I remember my parents came up to watch me play. It’s a long way. I think I rode back with them to Switzerland and then I would go to Wimbledon. I always played very well here in the final actually. I never had a bad final. I hope it can be again something similar tomorrow.

#85 ·
yes, you're right

Q: Two years ago you were slightly injured against Hewitt. When did you stop having the back problems because they were with you for some eighteen months, weren’t they?

FEDERER: I don’t think it was the back. I think it was my leg that was hurting but I was still able to play. I should have won on 0-6, 4-4, 0-40 and then he hit a net cord on one of his forehand. It’s a pity because I was in control, I was playing well, I created the opportunities I wanted. I don’t think he would have broken me at 5-4 and then he played really well I have to say in the third. He started to return me really well and he just got into another gear which was great to see. But it was still a good final for me. But my back has been under control for maybe somewhat over a year now. Obviously it always flares up from time to time like for any other player. When you change surface maybe you feel it a bit more but it’s not like you cannot play. But sometimes it gets too bad like for me in Doha or maybe for Murray in Madrid, he didn’t come. I mean you’re able to play somewhat okay but it’s just not a whole lot fun playing with it. I’ve been very happy with my back for about a year now or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.