Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4)

19K views 294 replies 104 participants last post by  xargon 
#1 ·
:wavey:

Who is the overrated servebot now?

Slamray :spit: One of the worst slam champions of all time, he is the shadow of Ivanisevic and Johansson :eek:

Glad to see my pug puppy win another match :yeah:

#136 ·
Comparing Mandy's summer of 2012 to No1e's 2011?You cannot be serious.

#147 ·
murray deserved a slam. What's funny is he won in a slam where he didn't play particularly well. There have been so many slams where he played better and lost.

He had the match against cilic where the croat choked big time serving for a 2 set lead. He won the match against lopez winning less points that his oppoenent and finally djokovic was shit in the finals.

#156 ·
This was truly a great result from Milos. If I am not mistaken, he is now one match win away from becoming the first Canadian ever to be the highest ranked North American. Next target then DelPo, and the title of best American regardless of North or South. That will be tougher, but I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

#158 ·
Well done, Roanic! :hearts::banana:

#173 ·
This defeat just shows what a mug Mandy is, he won all his titles and especially that slam only because ALL of his opponents played terrible and pathetic.

#178 ·
He's not Djokovic :wavey: Andy's opponents actually played very well against him at the US Open, unlike a certain 40+ match streak in 2011 where every opponent played like shit :wavey:

#175 ·
I didn't see the match, but I'm going to (thanks Miss Molly). I didn't expect Milos to def. Murray at all. good win for him. Some of Muzza fans annoy me by calling Tokyo a MM tournaments and brushing it off like nothing happened. not cool. It is great that Andy won his first GS, but if he wants to become #1 he needs to start winning 500/1000 tournaments again.

#176 ·
Not that big a surprise. Tokyo isn't a particularly fast court, but it's fast enough that it doesn't allow for a guy like Murray to push and retrieve everything. In those conditions, facing Murray is hardly a scary proposition.

Still, great match from Milos. His serve was great, he was extremely aggressive and made his shots even in pressure situations and was more than adequate at the net. The only negative aspect would be his return, namely his first serve return, gave Murray a lot of free holds with completely missed returns.

Regardless of tomorrow's result, there's no reason why Milos shouldn't be a top 10 player soon.

#177 ·
Raonic played near his best and Andy played terribly. That was the only way he was going to win and it happened. Even though Andy was absolutely awful, he is still made the match as close as this. Says a lot about him when at 30% he can push 100% (give or take) Raonic that far.

Not really fussed about the result. Enjoy the win, Murray haters. Andy at least has something that Raonic will never have :lol:
Slamray :spit: One of the worst slam champions of all time, he is the shadow of Ivanisevic and Johansson :eek:
You're saying Johansson is above Andy? For a slam champion, Johansson's career is pathetic.
Trash taken out.
Trash hasn't been playing on tour for the past couple of months.

#179 ·
Raonic played near his best and Andy played terribly. That was the only way he was going to win and it happened. Even though Andy was absolutely awful, he is still made the match as close as this. Says a lot about him when at 30% he can push 100% (give or take) Raonic that far.

Not really fussed about the result. Enjoy the win, Murray haters. Andy at least has something that Raonic will never have :lol:

You're saying Johansson is above Andy? For a slam champion, Johansson's career is pathetic.

Trash hasn't been playing on tour for the past couple of months.
:superlol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.